BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

11 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I think he's very good on the ball. I've seen him skip past players. He just doesn't do it alot

I think he's really effective on the ball. He just looks like he shouldn't be!

He creates a hatful and rarely gives the ball away. My point is that he's always been a bit inelegant and relies more on clever movement than pace, so I think we're seeing Harry Kane being Harry Kane rather than England picking an unfit player. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, roverandout said:

France don't look anything special to me. The supposed strength in depth they're playing a midfielder at left back 

They did take 2 left backs but one got a bad injury in the first game. They have just cobbled together a team to give players game time.

27 minutes ago, roverandout said:

If I was a Tunisia player I would be having a word with khazri he's in it for himself 

Seems to be working thus far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You stated that we have plenty of good English coaches, before then naming 3 former big name players with underwhelming managerial careers to date within the names that could be Southgate's successor. Hardly justifying your point.

It wasn't a difficult point to grasp.

And we do have plenty of good English coaches in the English game. Rooney has only been a head coach for year. Let's see how he and other coaches are doing in 4 years when I think Southgate will go. I did say Lampard does need to improve and kick on his career now and Gerrard will need to pick his new job if he does want to back into it. They might be other choices in 4 years depends on what happens in that space of time. 

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

France don't look anything special to me. The supposed strength in depth they're playing a midfielder at left back 

I haven't been watching it but I thought their performances against Denmark wasn't good either despite the score line. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They did take 2 left backs but one got a bad injury in the first game. They have just cobbled together a team to give players game time.

Seems to be working thus far.

Of course. When France lose its because they have just cobbled together a team. When England play badly it's because we're not as good as we think we are. How silly of me (,being sarcastic btw). Backup players are there to make an impact otherwise why are they there 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, I am not convinced that you are being sarcastic based on your usual consistent implication that England are treated unfavourably to anyone else!

Where do you come across all of these random British opinions and slating?

I go on Scottish boards and just happened to see on YouTube duff and Liam Brady slate England 

• Backroom

A terrible decision but a fantastic save. Is it me or does a referee going over to the monitor literally always result in a penalty? Struggling to think of an instance where it hasn't in this world cup - and some of those decisions have been ridiculous.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DE. said:

A terrible decision but a fantastic save. Is it me or does a referee going over to the monitor literally always result in a penalty? Struggling to think of an instance where it hasn't in this world cup - and some of those decisions have been ridiculous.

Denmark v Tunisia saw a ref stick with his decision, but referees have to be stronger. VAR is an easy scapegoat but individuals are making poor decisions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

More often than not yes. It’s because the spineless VAR officials get absolved from the decision making. There is no point in having them in these type of instances. 

• Like 1