BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

8 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

0 for 3 so far is his record

A euro final is the best finish by an England manager since 1966, that’s good enough for me, keep going.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah his record speaks for itself - never won a sausage. If you want to win things - get a winner.

Alf Ramsey? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

This is said before every major tournament and it never happens. 

We lack the X factor. A Modric or Greizmann who could direct the traffic in midfield. Rice and Henderson can’t do that at top level and Bellingham is too young and possibly a bit too impetuous to become that player.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We lack the X factor. A Modric or Greizmann who could direct the traffic in midfield. Rice and Henderson can’t do that at top level and Bellingham is too young and possibly a bit to impetuous to become that player.

I thought maddison could have done that if he was given a chance 

• Like 3

Gutted about tonight with England but we lost that game on fine margins and we shown tonight that we are very good team that will only get better under Southgate. Southgate is the right manager to manage this squad to the next world cup 2026 in USA, Canada and Mexico. We have a good young team with exciting attacking players like Foden, Bellingham, Saka, Rashford. We don't need to start ripping up what we started but instead back it and keep improving the team. 

France aren't anything special. 

No interested in the world cup and probably won't watch another game till the final depends who it is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought he did ok, he’s never been a flying machine. Who else is there to play that role ?

People like Varane love forwards playing in front of them.  I felt Rashford should have gone into that role and turned them a bit with pace.   Kane holds us back in my opinion.   He has been doing for a while....he makes subs just not to take him off, which means Saka , WTF?  Our danger man, Hernandez didn't know what to do with him all night and GS takes him off so he doesn't take the get along gang off.....International Mogadon 

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yep, Alf got Ipswich from the old Div 3 to winning the old First Division and into the European Cup.

FA don’t like winners. Alf was a winner, Cloughie was a winner and they wouldn’t have him, and I think Venables would have been a winner given the opportunity to continue after 96.

They like yes men.

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

People like Varane love forwards playing in front of them.  I felt Rashford should have gone into that role and turned them a bit with pace.   Kane holds us back in my opinion.   He has been doing for a while....he makes subs just not to take him off, which means Saka , WTF?  Our danger man, Hernandez didn't know what to do with him all night and GS takes him off so he doesn't take the get along gang off.....International Mogadon 

Agree about saka. Taking him off to replace him with sterling was insanity.  Southgate’s subs have always been awful

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Agree about saka. Taking him off to replace him with sterling was insanity.  Southgate’s subs have always been awful

I’m not Saka’s biggest fan but he had the left back really worried. Putting Sterling out there was a waste of time. He’s not a winger. There was no end product once he came on.

As for subbing Grealish on with 90 seconds to go - ridiculous.

• Like 2

We are good enough and we were good enough. It’s just football and it’s why we love it and hate it at times. Or knockout football maybe. 

Better side, we played brilliant I thought. Pen not given, Kane one on one, Maguire off the post, Kane missed pen. 

Ref horrendous (I feel like a broken record last days saying that)

Feels different to previous tournaments where we’ve been pretty embarrassing with the big games  

• Like 5

Tired of glorious failure.  These players have no winning menality.  Every tournament its the same.  We were so close bla bla.  I don't feel Any pride or sadness just numbness.  Other big nations have that extra desire.  We played well but playing well and losing doesn't win u tournaments 

44 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Manager wouldn't take Kane off, bringing Saka and Foden off was a fatal error.  Kane moseying through another tournament.

Was the best player on the pitch for the first 60 or so until Saka starting dominating 😂

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

I don’t get the Southgate hate. 
Any of us clowns could manage an international team, there is nothing really in it. 
Players like him, the team has done what it could but knockout football is what it is. It’s a young squad and they like him and we play good stuff in proper matches (no serious players give a shit about friendliest and nations league)

The only gripe I’d have is the Mason Mount weirdness - he wasn’t the sub we needed. 

We’ve tried the expensive foreign muck and they were the pits. I remember Argentina, Romania, Brazil, Portugal, Portugal, Iceland etc etc. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Tired of glorious failure.  These players have no winning menality.  Every tournament its the same.  We were so close bla bla.  I don't feel Any pride or sadness just numbness.  Other big nations have that extra desire.  We played well but playing well and losing doesn't win u tournaments 

I agree mentality has a bearing on it. It’s not just football though is it. Our rugby teams of both codes seem to always find a new way of losing.

• Like 1