BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I would prefer one window that runs from season end to next season start and that's it.

That would be a disaster. The stockpiling of players would just get worse. Picture the scene, it's December and you've got injuries to four centre-backs. Tough luck, stick your GK outfield and make it work for another 5 months

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

That would be a disaster. The stockpiling of players would just get worse. Picture the scene, it's December and you've got injuries to four centre-backs. Tough luck, stick your GK outfield and make it work for another 5 months

What is the solution then?

I can't think of one without some issues that can be exploited by the monied.

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

What is the solution then?

I can't think of one without some issues that can be exploited by the monied.

Football is exploited by the monied. By having the transfer window just always be open, or open for much longer, you'd have less teams "unsettling" players and just actually taking them. There'd be more movement and a more active market is a healthier market. I think we'd see prices become much more realistic and you wouldn't have as much of a contract length lead market too.

15 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

No point in the transfer window anymore.

I'd be selling the following:

Gallagher

Hedges

Travis

Pickering 

Send back Morton

Losing 4-0 it wouldn't surprise me to see either JDT sacked or players handing in transfer requests, this is absolutely embarrassing.

I was just about to send a long winded rant in the heat of the moment saying how much we need a new midfield and a players all over but then I seen your message…

I’m not sure many players are going to hand in transfer requests, especially players who’ve just been involved in a thrashing at Rotherham.

And suggesting getting rid of Hedges… laughable.

• Like 1

Well that was about as poor a performance I’ve seen in a long while , possession stats don’t hide the fact that we have just been stuffed 4-0 by Rotherham,  we need new blood yes but we also need a new mentality a new style of play and a will not to get beat there’s something seriously wrong with a bunch of players and coaches if we have never recovered a single point after conceding first 

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

So Gallagher is literally a waste of space and we need to urgently get rid of him. God knows why tony gave him a new deal but enough is enough

I was livid at the time - I could have accepted losing a £5m outlay for free, but Venus and Mowbray made him the next manager's problem too 'cos you know he'll be one of the highest earners. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, superniko said:

Kaminski

Brittain - Hyam - Ayala - ???

??? - ???

Hedges - Dack - Brereton

???

Fill in the gaps is the absolute minimum we need, and they need to be starting players. 

I agree however we need some pace & those gaps other than a striker don’t really require pace.

Tough one as we have just a slow turgid team when JDT wants to play his 1 touch football. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Was it just last night that plenty on here were in full agreement that we shouldn’t be signing experienced midfielders?

If people were saying that it says more about them than anything else. Assume it was on the back of whatever Broughton said in that podcast. 
Most of us have said it’s our most needed area to improve for weeks (at least JDT noticed Travis isn’t up to it), although on the back of that 90 minutes a number 9 is perhaps even more crucial! 

Edited by superniko

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I agree however we need some pace & those gaps other than a striker don’t really require pace.

Tough one as we have just a slow turgid team when JDT wants to play his 1 touch football. 

LB requires pace. If that #9 is a quick 20 goal a season striker your problems are solved... but we obviously can't afford that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Thank god we have such a strong squad such is the lack of funding available.

Sadly most of the league doesn't have a pot to piss in, which is why the parachute payment clubs come down and boss it. Think they've won the league every year since 2017. 

It's going to require a crafty loan or an absolute gem from a foreign league to solve our problem - over to you Broughton. 

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

If people were saying that it says more about them than anything else. Assume it was on the back of whatever Broughton said in that podcast. 
Most of us have said it’s our most needed area to improve for weeks (at least JDT noticed Travis isn’t up to it)

It was. Lots of sage nodding on here about his ‘midfield pathways’.

GB spoke with a sense of professionalism and calm, no doubt, but this isn’t Norway, this isn’t youth football. He seems to be very naive about the realities of a long Championship season and what is needed to get through it - I.e experienced heads. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Sadly most of the league doesn't have a pot to piss in, which is why the parachute payment clubs come down and boss it. Think they've won the league every year since 2017. 

It's going to require a crafty loan or an absolute gem from a foreign league to solve our problem - over to you Broughton. 

We need to not allow our assets to run their contracts down and be efficient. Sadly we are run by knobheads.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We need to not allow our assets to run their contracts down and be efficient. Sadly we are run by knobheads.

Again this is why this is a  huge window for Broughton.

If he's not convinced the owners to allow him to sell Brereton-Diaz then we're in for a terrible summer. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, AJW said:

Well that was about as poor a performance I’ve seen in a long while

The worrying thing is that I've seen worse, and on a number of occasions.

In the first half, I actually felt as though we were fighting back from going a goal down for the first time this season. That's the only positive I can take.

I've just cooked an angry chilli. Extra chill peppers. And some cheesy/tomato nachos going in the oven later, all the while during prep saying to myself "it's nacho day today". 😔