BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

We have ‘strict structures and wage ceilings’, ‘the days of paying big wages for established players are over’… until we don’t/they aren’t.

This is VenkyWorld, we will always be at the whim of these owners, so it’s why I always take talk of new approaches from whoever the latest frontman is with a pinch of salt. They’ll do what they want to do and you might as well just go with the flow…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have only ever done business at the wrong price under Venkys, so I won't hold my breath that much will change on that front. It's just fluff and nonsense.

As for the bit about revenue, this probably needs to be moved into another thread, but it's clear that Waggott measures his success against a short-term goal while Ewood crumbles around him and supporters are far from enchanted with his handling of matters. The only reason we had a very modest increase in numbers this season is due to a fresh management team that looked credible. It should have been so much better than what it was. This summer is going to see a decline again if things don't change.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Irrespective of when it was offered (I don't believe £30k was on the table until recently) what about the wage structure? This is one of the reasons we lost three players we are led to believe. And if it's true what about new signings or incoming players. Surely they will want parity. 

And from one of those 3 players we heard that an offer was forthcoming but too late (and probably too short of a deal). So all things considered I find it plausible that we would offer something to someone already expected to have a better option in place…

That it comes from Nacko makes me think the real offer will be about 18k a week

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I think they are still working on the charm offensive after the botched January window knowing how the majority of Rovers fans feel. So if Brereton leaves for nothing in the Summer they can use the 'we did all we can' and 'best offer ever' lines again.

Spot on. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course, these are all opinions. He could jeopardise a big money move to Villarreal though if he does sign for another year here.

None of us know what is going on. I think the possible situation that he, his partner and young child don't want to move house, or club for family reasons could be correct. Might not be tho. I don't know where is his move to Villarreal is currently. Maybe its not happening now, I don't know

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Rovers have only ever done business at the wrong price under Venkys, so I won't hold my breath that much will change on that front. It's just fluff and nonsense.

I agree mostly but I think we got fair prices for Gestede, Rhodes and Armstrong but not for Cairney for example

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

As for the bit about revenue, this probably needs to be moved into another thread, but it's clear that Waggott measures his success against a short-term goal while Ewood crumbles around him and supporters are far from enchanted with his handling of matters. The only reason we had a very modest increase in numbers this season is due to a fresh management team that looked credible. It should have been so much better than what it was. This summer is going to see a decline again if things don't change.

I agree that this should be discussed in the Season ticket thread or Waggott thread

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I think they are still working on the charm offensive after the botched January window knowing how the majority of Rovers fans feel. So if Brereton leaves for nothing in the Summer they can use the 'we did all we can' and 'best offer ever' lines again.

Agree - the story is a win-win for the idiots at the club.

The only question is why BB hasn’t signed the Villarreal deal. If it is because of family then i think it is a reasonable deal for the club.

That the club is using it to distract from catastrophic failures on all levels of admin is also clear.

• Like 4