BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

59 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

id`e much rather take emil riise,injured at the moment but definately one to watch,he does`nt get on with manager lowe either

PNE wanted 8 million pounds last summer after Boro wanted him. 

I'm starting to think we should sell Gallagher in the summer now and bring in 2 strikers this summer. I would be looking at Josh Maja who we almost signed 18 months ago this summer on a free 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It would say a lot about the recruitment team to see us go for another from Mowbray's list, just like Brittain.

Not really as we are 2 years by the summer. 

We have to be smart in recruitment and look to sign early with signings this summer targeting quality free transfers and low cost signings. 

Brittain quality was well know to anyone who watched Championship. Hardly Mowbray's list is it since the current recruitment team wasn't even at the club then. 

49 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I see Porteous is getting rave reviews at Watford - another CB transfer target we were priced out of.

On the bright side at least Carter has emerged as a legit starting CB for us, that softens the blow.

Centre halves is where we are strongest at the moment. We’ve got four good players for two places at the moment with another one in Phillips on the horizon.

• Like 4

In which time, we have lost more league games than we have won, winning only twice.

I personally think that 4-2-3-1 can work with various tweaks (notably Brereton and Dack being the main 2 attackers with the formation often leaving the wingers working back) but I am not sure that the fact that Tomasson has stuck with it since Christmas is justification of its success.

I do wonder if something like this could work:

Pears

Carter Hyam Wharton

Thomas Travis A Wharton Pickering

Dack

Dolan Brereton

Brereton closer to goal as a third attacking player and an extra centre back giving Thomas in particular more license to push on.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In which time, we have lost more league games than we have won, winning only twice.

I personally think that 4-2-3-1 can work with various tweaks (notably Brereton and Dack being the main 2 attackers with the formation often leaving the wingers working back) but I am not sure that the fact that Tomasson has stuck with it since Christmas is justification of its success.

Pears

Carter Hyam Wharton

Dack

Dolan Brereton

Brereton closer to goal as a third attacking player and an extra centre back giving Thomas in particular more license to push on.

Other than playing brereton up top so we have someone with some size who can finish up there and playing Dolan on the wing, running at players and being more direct , with what JDT has at his disposal I don’t see what else we can do this season to change much being honest. This squad is badly lacking in so many areas . I genuinely thought we had a good chance of relegation this season. As boring as this season has been (probably the least entertaining in my life time) I can’t put hardly any blame on JDT ( I do believe there is a clause in Morton’s contract making him play ) .

However I’d be willing try anything at this point just to be entertained. I’ve just watched the Barca united game and it was end to end. I’d almost forgot football could be enjoyable

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Pears

Carter Hyam Wharton

Dack

Dolan Brereton

not for me, You are leaving our best player JRC in this team and his performances in the last 6 to 8 weeks means he deserved to play. 

Pickering isn't a wing back for me and Thomas needs to be in final 3rd not playing more deeper and having more defensively responsibilities than playing right winger in 4-2-3-1  

16 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Other than playing brereton up top so we have someone with some size who can finish up there and playing Dolan on the wing, running at players and being more direct , with what JDT has at his disposal I don’t see what else we can do this season to change much being honest. This squad is badly lacking in so many areas . I genuinely thought we had a good chance of relegation this season. As boring as this season has been (probably the least entertaining in my life time) I can’t put hardly any blame on JDT ( I do believe there is a clause in Morton’s contract making him play ) .

However I’d be willing try anything at this point just to be entertained. I’ve just watched the Barca united game and it was end to end. I’d almost forgot football could be enjoyable

I always felt that relegation was never a realistic prediction personally, the majority of the side finished 8th last season.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

not for me, You are leaving our best player JRC in this team and his performances in the last 6 to 8 weeks means he deserved to play. 

Pickering isn't a wing back for me and Thomas needs to be in final 3rd not playing more deeper and having more defensively responsibilities than playing right winger in 4-2-3-1  

I have assumed that Rankin Costello is injured for a bit, otherwise he can alternate with Thomas. The wingers at the moment are playing like second full backs so im not sure they could end up with any more defensive responsibility.

It was just an idea to try and change things up a bit. Your logic that Tomasson has stuck with it since Christmas would only make sense if our results have been good during that time, and they havent, nor have performances, so change should at least be considered, whether that is a new formation or at least tweaks within it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have assumed that Rankin Costello is injured for a bit, otherwise he can alternate with Thomas. The wingers at the moment are playing like second full backs so im not sure they could end up with any more defensive responsibility.

That's wasn't the case last night but in games they have to do their role defensively which is still part of their job as wide players. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It was just an idea to try and change things up a bit. Your logic that Tomasson has stuck with it since Christmas would only make sense if our results have been good during that time, and they havent, nor have performances, so change should at least be considered, whether that is a new formation or at least tweaks within it.

I don't get why we need to change things up a bit. The formation suits the squad and the players we have currently. I would stick with it and I always prefer this formation as plan A then maybe plan B being 3-5-2 or 4-3-3