BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Just now, ElTwis said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if the clubs failure in this transfer window led to the emergence of Leonard in the second half of the season - 15 goals and a 5 year contract using the wages we can't spend on LOB

you never know if you don`t give him the chance,vale has blown it give leonard a go,he can`t be worse

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Was there a link to Mullin in the window?  Looks far better than our forwards again today. 

No, don’t think there was. Good player but not championship quality for me, he’d have still been an improvement on Vale and Gally though!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Pretty transparent attempt at trying to pretend it’s all rosy behind the scenes.

04570977-2D52-4246-9F82-504D44D13C12.jpeg

The look on Broughton's face. That's the look I have had on my face for 12 years where Rovers are concerned.

I think he's starting to realise what many of us realised a while ago about the mess at the top. Either that, or it's the fact he has to front up again when the appeal most likely fails that has him concerned.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Pretty transparent attempt at trying to pretend it’s all rosy behind the scenes.

WOW, that a rogues gallery of the not fit for purpose.

Is that at the Turd, taking the chance to see a how proper club operates?

If Broughton took off his posh coat he'd look like a bagman that you'd give 10p to.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The First Team coaching staff and Broughton being there makes sense because it was basically our Second XI tonight.

No idea why Waggot and his mate are there though.

2 hours ago, ElTwis said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if the clubs failure in this transfer window led to the emergence of Leonard in the second half of the season - 15 goals and a 5 year contract using the wages we can't spend on LOB

Mmmm I'll have some of that hopium please. Intravenous injection will be fine.

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Not really a project when you've spent £40m.

Various figures around

Burnley total spent to date: £21.7m
Burnley total received to date: £72.5m

Burnley net transfer balance: £50.8m

I project they'll be promoted and make a healthy profit

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Various figures around

Burnley total spent to date: £21.7m
Burnley total received to date: £72.5m

Burnley net transfer balance: £50.8m

I project they'll be promoted and make a healthy profit

Not really, https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-burnley/transfers/verein/1132

Those loans wouldn't have been free either - and I've not even discussed wages.

I don't care where the money has come from, Kompany has been handed an obscene amount of money for this division - I'd expect most Managers to do well with that kind of war chest. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So that's the illusive Sunhail Pisha in the middle looking like a kgb double agent that's just be rumbled

And the shyster Swaggalot lost in a daydream (probably still not believing his luck to be in such a job for so long...)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

53 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Not really, https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-burnley/transfers/verein/1132

Those loans wouldn't have been free either - and I've not even discussed wages.

I don't care where the money has come from, Kompany has been handed an obscene amount of money for this division - I'd expect most Managers to do well with that kind of war chest. 

Did you read your link?

Income 76.46m

Expenditure 38.20m

Overall balance+38.26m

Not sure where you're going with this because whichever way you look at it Burnley and Kompany have revamped their squad, assembled a Championship winning team and made a big profit in the process

"Most managers" wouldn't be able to do that - and they didn't need a "project" either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Did you read your link?

Income 76.46m

Expenditure 38.20m

Overall balance+38.26m

Not sure where you're going with this because whichever way you look at it Burnley and Kompany have revamped their squad, assembled a Championship winning team and made a big profit in the process

"Most managers" wouldn't be able to do that - and they didn't need a "project" either

They've traded well, for sure, and done a much better job of all that than we did when we came down. But two things compared to the Rovers of right now:

1) Even after selling a few, they've had some Premiership players left over.

2) They have been in a position to trade. Ludicrous parachute money plus player sales gave them a platform to go out and buy numerous players who can excel at this level. It's not just the money they've had available for fees, it's wages too, which is often where we come up short even on fairly cheap transfers. With that and a better reputation and promotion prospects from having been a Prem club for a few years (and a bigger name as their manager than us), they could beat nearly any team in this league to their targets. As we have seen, we can hardly beat any teams in this league to our targets.

None of this is to say they aren't being much better ran than us, they absolutely are by some distance. Proper work on contracts and selling players before those contracts expire would have seen us have at least a few million more to play with this summer. That's not the position the current incumbents inherited though (albeit, asking for more like 15 million for Brereton than 20 million could have helped raise funds). Also worth considering JDT doesn't get to revamp his squad - GB does, and for whatever reasons he has shown he can't fulfil the objectives JDT wants delivering, like a fucking striker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The First Team coaching staff and Broughton being there makes sense because it was basically our Second XI tonight.

No idea why Waggot and his mate are there though.

Same reason he was at Birmingham on deadline day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Burnley 2-1. Good lad that Vincent Kompany. Never mentioned "project" once, so I'm told

He talks about a project all the time.

Its also easy with over £30m at your disposal to bring players in, but you know that, you're on a fishing trip and hooked a couple, job done I suppose.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/vincent-kompany-has-had-a-blast-piecing-together-his-project-at-burnley-3835423

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Gav said:

He talks about a project all the time.

Its also easy with over £30m at your disposal to bring players in, but you know that, you're on a fishing trip and hooked a couple, job done I suppose.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/vincent-kompany-has-had-a-blast-piecing-together-his-project-at-burnley-3835423

Difference being, his project was to win and win quickly. Some ambition from those above…

Something that’s a dream according to the man our dugout….

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Difference being, his project was to win and win quickly. Some ambition from those above…

Something that’s a dream according to the man our dugout….

Its easy to have ambition when you've got £30m+ to spend, pay the highest wages in the league and have just raked in over £500m by being in the Premiership. 

JDT wants 4 transfer windows to make a difference, very sensible in my book given the circumstances we find ourselves in.

• Like 4