BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

By now it should be apparent what we need and where. 

Thoughts, links, sarcastic jibes etc....

It depends whether you think posts on this topic should be based around wishlists - regardless of budget- or reality, where the budget available to those making recruitment decisions drives those decisions.

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It depends whether you think posts on this topic should be based around wishlists - regardless of budget- or reality, where the budget available to those making recruitment decisions drives those decisions.

We need a decent striker and a midfielder that can dictate the play. I've no idea as to names but it's up to those at the Club who are handsomely paid to do so to identify the right type of players more or less within our budget.

• Like 2

I'd love them to sign an attacking midfielder, a good striker, a better left back than Pickering and a right back to cover Brittain, or play Brittain further forward if required.

Priority is a good Championship striker.

Edited by booth

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We need a decent striker and a midfielder that can dictate the play. I've no idea as to names but it's up to those at the Club who are handsomely paid to do so to identify the right type of players more or less within our budget.

If the budget was , say, £500k , how likely do you think it is that the players you have described were out there ?

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Let's hope Venkys get their collective wallet out unlike last January when 700k was spent.

Mowbray had more money to spend what he did in the end so maybe it's time you blame Mowbray not the owners. Mowbray was very good at spinning it last January that we had no money. You see a number of posters who have posted that we had a bigger January budget that Mowbray was saying like our bid for Ryan Longman that was around 700k

22 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Not spending millions on George Hirst is a good start. If there's £4m to play with, it could be much better spent.

That would be from next season wouldn't it not this one? 

On signings, I would just add one or 2 players. a backup right back unless we bring back James Brown in January and cancel his loan spell at Stockport. Then a left side attacker player who can back up BBD for rest of the season and then replace him in the summer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray had more money to spend what he did in the end so maybe it's time you blame Mowbray not the owners. Mowbray was very good at spinning it last January that we had no money. You see a number of posters who have posted that we had a bigger January budget that Mowbray was saying like our bid for Ryan Longman that was around 700k

That would be from next season wouldn't it not this one? 

On signings, I would just add one or 2 players. a backup right back unless we bring back James Brown in January and cancel his loan spell at Stockport. Then a left side attacker player who can back up BBD for rest of the season and then replace him in the summer. 

Not interested in gossip, rumours and words, we spent £700k.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray had more money to spend what he did in the end so maybe it's time you blame Mowbray not the owners. Mowbray was very good at spinning it last January that we had no money. 

As I recall you were Mogadons chief cheerleader still at that point....🤷‍♂️ you backed him all the way

• Like 8

Hirst at £4 seems risky. At £4 million it's lunacy. Mind you given how long it took for Bereton to come good I can see the owners allowing it. 

For me it has to be a striker. We need a striker who isn't a dead weight like the current cover. 

Second is a defensive mid. For all I like Morton and Warton they aren't really defensive mids and without Travis we need someone in there who can do the dirty work. 

Full back is the third position where cover is needed. Definitely need one, maybe two as without the regular 2 we look much more disjointed. 

If we had more capacity for deals I'd be loaning out a few of the youth and getting them regular game time and bringing in other cover. There's a few who I feel could do with a loan out. 

• Like 2

Based on last night's non-event, we need one, preferably 2 decent Championship standard strikers and a combative, strong leader in midfield to give some direction to our promising young lads. A club with promotion aspirations doesn't have Vale or Hirst in their squads or have to look to Gallagher for goals. 

The best money spent might be a coaching manual for Tomasson on why square pegs don't fit in round holes, why plan B and Cs are important when plan A plainly doesn't work and visit from human resources to tell him not to be so arrogant and that his way might not be the only way

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not interested in gossip, rumours and words, we spent £700k.

"We had opportunities, there were No.9s out there and the really interesting thing is that clubs are phoning us and asking if we want to take this player, Premier League clubs.

“They have to fit into the way we play, why would we sign a Premier League centre forward if we don’t play with a centre forward at this moment, and he can’t do the running of a wide striker, doesn’t chase full backs, so we’d be playing with nine men rather than 10 out of possession?

“Why when we’re doing so well at the moment would we throw that away and do something totally different?

“We tried to recruit players to fit the system.”

Mowbray f***ed up.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, booth said:

"We had opportunities, there were No.9s out there and the really interesting thing is that clubs are phoning us and asking if we want to take this player, Premier League clubs.

“They have to fit into the way we play, why would we sign a Premier League centre forward if we don’t play with a centre forward at this moment, and he can’t do the running of a wide striker, doesn’t chase full backs, so we’d be playing with nine men rather than 10 out of possession?

“Why when we’re doing so well at the moment would we throw that away and do something totally different?

Mowbray f***ed up.

Just shows what a prick he really was.  What made him think that we could carry on playing the same way in every game until the end of the season ? Did it not occur to him that when plan A isn’t working you need a plan B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

Mowbray f***ed up.

He did fuck up in the second half of the season and im glad hes gone, but that comment was about potential loanees. So I stand by my comment.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He did fuck up in the second half of the season and im glad hes gone, but that comment was about potential loanees. So I stand by my comment.

There was no reference to loanees in the article, but if it was, a PL loanee wouldn't have come cheap.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, booth said:

Mowbray f***ed up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 

Tony Mowbray is a dick head. 

• Like 5