BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't think using footballers as your example makes for a good comparison, since they're done when they get too old. For two seasons, the young Brereton wasn't any better for us than Chris Brown had been anyway. But my point wasn't that he can't be good because he looks young, I was alluding to a probable lack of experience (relatively) and established network of connections, things which take time to develop. If he's a great scout, seems more like he should be employed as a scout. I feel as though Head of European Scouting requires a wide knowledge of European football, an ability to manage a whole scouting team, and various other skills and knowledge that are more likely to be acquired with time. To be clear, I'm in no way ruling out that he may still have all of those things. Just that my scepticism that he does is increased. I feel that 'very well connected guy' by Hibs standards and by Rovers standards are, or at least should be, two different things.

I didn't realise their rules are more relaxed. Frankly I think that's a fucking farce. We left the EU as one nation, there shouldn't be less disadvantages for Scottish football than there are for English football. But that suggests he will have more difficulty finding players in Europe here than he did there. Not only because the rules are tighter but because we need better players than Hibs do.

Did he find any players for Hibs that would walk into our team? Genuine question. And did he lead the European team there or was he rank and file?

We brought players into Hearts from Australia on as little as 3/15 GBE points. Scottish Government trying to get one up on the English game by getting ahead of the curve. See Jota & Abada at Celtic.

15 hours ago, roverandout said:

Can  Wharton not pass a ball better than anyone in this league?

Yes, but he can't play 90 minutes twice a week - 60 minutes a match appears to be his limit at the moment. 

I'm surprised Buckley is so out in the cold, he'd be ideal for this style of football. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon reporting that Mowbray wants Sunderland to sign Dack in January. 

No surprise at all he wants him. 

I'll not be on board with this move but I can see it happening.

We need better options than Dolan, Vale and Hirst off the bench, so a striker in Jan is a must. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I'll not be on board with this move but I can see it happening.

We need better options than Dolan, Vale and Hirst off the bench, so a striker in Jan is a must. 

I think it will happen and been saying that Mowbray was appointed at Sunderland. Then his comments about Dack only back this up. 

Hopefully Hirst can be sent back to Leicester and we can acquire a striker that can actually offer something. If it's not possible to send him back, then maybe Leicester will recall him if we keep him in the u21 squad. They might want to find a more reasonable loan move for him at a lower level.

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

id`e be flogging diaz and be having a go at bringing gyokeres in from coventry,who are skint and would possibly accept a decent offer,if we are still in the play off zone he could well be tempted

And that Sorba Thomas at Hudds to replace Diaz's running at defences.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

id`e be flogging diaz and be having a go at bringing gyokeres in from coventry,who are skint and would possibly accept a decent offer,if we are still in the play off zone he could well be tempted

Mind blowing. Honestly the worst take I’ve seen on this message board!

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Dack to Sunderland rumour is the easiest story to write in the world, whether it is true or otherwise.

If there was any truth in it, it would be Sunderland's gain and our loss while players like Hirst, Vale and even Dolan and Szmodics play ahead of him.

our loss? we are second in the league without any major impact from Dack so have we actually missed him or has JDT moved the team on from being over reliant on Dack and where he is just a bit part player. 

On the Sunderland link, well it's no surprised given that Mowbray went public over a private conservation with Dack about his fitness level. I think he will go there in January or he will leave Rovers for another club for certain

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

our loss? we are second in the league without any major impact from Dack so have we actually missed him or has JDT moved the team on from being over reliant on Dack and where he is just a bit part player. 

On the Sunderland link, well it's no surprised given that Mowbray went public over a private conservation with Dack about his fitness level. I think he will go there in January or he will leave Rovers for another club for certain

As I have said on another thread, I feel like he is far superior to a number of our attacking options who considerably weaken us, and even if he doesn't start games, he is far more likely to impact games than those aforementioned options, but he has been under utilised in those situations, and we have won 0 points from those as a result.

• Like 2