BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I genuinely think Ben wants to stay and that he loves the club.

He took a while to settle here, I doubt he wants to go down that road again at another club.

He does need to test himself in the top flight, but I bet you he'd rather do that with us.

Last chance saloon rovers.....

Absolutely.  We go up and he stays

8 hours ago, rigger said:

I didn't say we wouldn't be weakened without Diaz. Just that we would still have a good chance of promotion.

Fair enough but our promotion chances would be much reduced. Unless we managed to sign a replacement of equal ability, of course,---which seems unlikely to me.

I would be absolutely delighted if the January window passes with our squad exactly the same as it is now. 

However I don't think that will happen, I'm convinced Dack will go and we might surprise people with a good replacement. If we lost Dack and Diaz in the same window it would be absolutely devastating. Not only is Diaz our best player, but you can also tell he's such a big character around the training ground.

Keep him at all costs and challenge for promotion and if we don't go up, he goes for free. It's a risk worth taking considering our current position 

• Like 1

Keep BBD and take the hit the transfer fee in Jan would be pitiful anyway and will disappear in running costs.  Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to do a major retake.

If he's gone in summer along with Dack then Broughton and Tomasson have some wiggle room to get some quality in.

No point i can see in selling him in January unless some club is chucking 10 million in with a big dollop up front. Remember guys it isn't your money landing in your bank account, as fans we want the best 11 out there and give ourselves the best chance possible to finish as high as possible.

To me that means with Brereton who over the last 2 years has become a vital cog in the wheel of how this team plays.

12 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Yes by all accounts Mola had a good game against west ham. Would be good to see him get a good run in the first team. 

I thought, surprisingly, he was excellent at centre back on Wednesday, not sure how he’d do in midfield.

A really good striker would be key for me, although Gallagher has been better than in previous seasons I don’t really think he’s that good and therefore good enough to help fire us to promotion

12 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Goal scorer 

Midfielder ball player 

JpvH and loan out Carter so he's ready to replace ayala 

Then if we can a RB for competition 

Does anyone know if JpvH signed a new contract in the summer? I know his deal was up at the end of the season and a loan for him hinged on it being signed. 

If he didn't I imagine he's very available. Centre back isn't the priority right now but sometimes if the right player comes along for the right price you have to seize the moment. Bring him in and our Ayala succession planning is sorted. 

Hyam, JpvH, Wharton, Carter and Phillips sees us sorted there for years to come and all have resale value. 

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Does anyone know if JpvH signed a new contract in the summer? I know his deal was up at the end of the season and a loan for him hinged on it being signed. 

If he didn't I imagine he's very available. Centre back isn't the priority right now but sometimes if the right player comes along for the right price you have to seize the moment. Bring him in and our Ayala succession planning is sorted. 

Hyam, JpvH, Wharton, Carter and Phillips sees us sorted there for years to come and all have resale value. 

Transfermarkt says no, but I was sure he'd signed a new one towards the end of the summer. 

He excelled in a back 3. Can he play in a back 4? Obviously you would have to sell Ayala in January to accommodate him. 

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doe he just name a new Spanish team each Sunday to link Brereton to? I guess eventually one will prove to be true.

Probably cos alot of Spanish teams like him as player and I guess the South America connection is always there. I said since the summer that he would move to Spain next summer unless we got promote which I think if we did he would sign a new contract here

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Probably cos alot of Spanish teams like him as player and I guess the South America connection is always there. I said since the summer that he would move to Spain next summer unless we got promote which I think if we did he would sign a new contract here

Or because Nixon is covering all bases linking him to every club possible in each weekend prior to the Summer Window.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

Did we ever find out who the new Head of European Scouting was? I may well have missed it.

A bloke that JoeH has worked with before tweeted about getting the job. But I've not seen an official announcement personally.

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks like our European scouting will be a PS5 and championship manager, we need 3 or 4 quality players in sharpish.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23023541.gregg-broughton-outlines-blackburn-rovers-january-transfer-plans/

According to Gregg, no grand plans in January. Saving it for Summer.

He lost me at George Hirst.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23023541.gregg-broughton-outlines-blackburn-rovers-january-transfer-plans/

According to Gregg, no grand plans in January. Saving it for Summer.

He lost me at George Hirst.

Same as last season, 2nd at Christmas,  no investment and mid table at the end.

It must be a lie, or incompetence🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Same as last season, 2nd at Christmas,  no investment and mid table at the end.

It must be a lie, or incompetence🤷‍♂️

“I wasn’t at the club, but I think there was the option to bring in players last January and for whatever reason, the team in place at the time didn’t think that was the right thing to do for the squad. To give them credit, I don’t think anyone could have predicted the injuries that happened post-January as well."

Plenty of fans did.

• Like 9

• Backroom

Wonder if Tomasson's Milan connections count for anything? Would love for us to try for Malik Thiaw at the back to replace/compete with Ayala.

If Michael Hector is still available, I'd still have him too.