BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

30 minutes ago, rigger said:

No matter what the league is called, it would still be the same players playing in it.

the central league had young players wanting to break into the first team,injured players looking for match fitness and old timers busting a gut to back into the reckoning,it was very competetive and gave young players a taste of what proper football was about

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the central league had young players wanting to break into the first team,injured players looking for match fitness and old timers busting a gut to back into the reckoning,it was very competetive and gave young players a taste of what proper football was about

In other words the same players, except with a smattering of players who were not good enough for the first team. The reserves weren't nicknamed the "stiffs" for nothing. 

Edited by rigger

Just now, rigger said:

In other words the same players, except with a smattering of players who were not good enough for the first team.

no,it was`nt like that,try reading the paragraph above^^^^^

the academy system produces the same type of players,it`s like a ford fiesta production line,build  a few subaru imprezas instead of putting a 1 litre in a player and expecting him to compete😁

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no,it was`nt like that,try reading the paragraph above^^^^^

the academy system produces the same type of players,it`s like a ford fiesta production line,build  a few subaru imprezas instead of putting a 1 litre in a player and expecting him to compete😁

It was exactly like that. I'll tell you what it wasn't like, any form of car manufacture.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s a bigger leighton clarkson for me,typical academy player,i.e gets steamrollered by seasoned pro`s because the academy system in no way prepares you for first team action like the old central league did

If he'd come through our academy he'd be being used as a squad man like some of the others unless he'd proved himself inexpendable.

Stick the name Liverpool in and he suddenly becomes the first name on the team sheet regardless of repeatedly being not up to the job.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I’d snap your hands off at 5m. Much like I’d have sold him in summer. We aren’t threatening the top of the table and aren’t at risk at the bottom. 

If we sell him, at worst we are questioning why we haven’t seen the Brereton money reinvested. 

If we keep him, we’re accepting we have no money to replace him. 

At the risk of echoing a few others we are still 3rd.

You never ever sell your best players if you are 3rd in the league and have genuine ambition of promotion. Unless it's stupid money - which it won't be - then it shouldn't even enter into the heads.

Not even like he's a Jordan Rhodes style earner either where the wages could be reused instantly. Lose the best source of goals and possibly assists and for what ?

A piddling couple of million at best that may or may not appear in the summer pot.

• Like 3

On 09/12/2022 at 10:28, chaddyrovers said:

On 08/12/2022 at 14:19, Tugayisgod said:

Anyone know much about him? 

I used to play for the same club (but not the same team) and he was one of the best u19 strikers in Germany. Wouldnt suprise me if he scored over 50% of the teams goals during the season. Scored loads of goals at youth level, but then struggled for a year or two until things clicked in his 2nd season in the third division leading to his move to Belgium where he did really well! I think he was fairly fast and strong. He scored lots of spectacular long range goals too. He's a good player with a very good scoring record at almost every club he's played at.

• Like 5

I genuinely can't wrap my head around those advocating selling Brereton Diaz.

In a fairly open and mediocre league we are 4 points clear of 7th. The wheels might come off, but we don't want to guarantee that they do.

Will we go up? Probably not. But if we made it to the playoffs he is just the type of player that could be a match winner in the 3 matches that we'd need to win (or, I suppose, come out on top in).

You wouldn't hear similar talk from any other side in the top 10, yet we are convinced that things will go wrong. Believe it enough and they will.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

who is this Johnson/Whelan type people or midfield hardman that people have suggest? any names? 

That is what scouts are for. Posters are not suggesting individuals, just a generic type of player. Scotland used to be a favoured hunting ground for such players. They may still be there, just not in the numbers that used to be produced.

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

So in January we need to bring in a couple of decent midfielders, some cover for the fullbacks, a decent target man who can hold up the ball, a new marketing team, a new manager, a new CEO and hopefully some new owners.

Get new owners and the rest will sort itself out by shaping up or shipping out. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

I genuinely can't wrap my head around those advocating selling Brereton Diaz.

In a fairly open and mediocre league we are 4 points clear of 7th. The wheels might come off, but we don't want to guarantee that they do.

Will we go up? Probably not. But if we made it to the playoffs he is just the type of player that could be a match winner in the 3 matches that we'd need to win (or, I suppose, come out on top in).

You wouldn't hear similar talk from any other side in the top 10, yet we are convinced that things will go wrong. Believe it enough and they will.

I think most people don't like the idea of allowing such a previously valuable asset for no money having spent £7m on him. Even allowing for him to have a year left on his deal, our lauded new managerial structure should have made (if they have the power to do so) the decision to cash in on the assumption that he won't sign a new deal should have happened in the summer, even if the fee was slightly down on what we wanted it would have still made a profitable investment.

Problem being that under Venkys we have never operated sensibly or efficiently, assets are allowed to either leave for free or even if we receive money for them, it tends to be with no reinvestment, with reasonable transfer budgets dished out sporadically and crucially with no connection to money coming in.

Even if someone bid £5m in January, it would probably have to be considered. The best way to look at it would be, would you loan Brereton for 6 months for that sort of loan fee?

I think it's inevitable Mowbray and Harvey would be rooting around here for a few players. We only have to look how TM works always preferring to reunite with players he's had before taking the easy option because he knows they aren't turning up in ripped jeans.

Imo he needs a good window to save his job because the notoriously restless Mackem mob will be on his case soon.  When they turn they turn they don't simmer on a low heat for years like our lot.

I hope Rovers tell him to get stuffed but the way its gone with those 2 and JDT i wouldn't be surprised if there is some foot stamping to go behind the scenes.