BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

On 05/12/2022 at 02:10, bluebruce said:

Would think we have a sell-on in that...but I would also think he won't move for much, so if it's a sell-on on the profit, doubt we'll get anything at all.

Blackpool already sold him on to Scunthorpe in January, so if we got anything additional it would've been then (I doubt it was anything material!)

Wasn't the rumour that we get a decent 6-figure fee for him when we sold him to Blackpool (I recall reading £500k, which sounded high to me!)?

He ultimately turned into a decent profit turn for us after being picked off the scrap heap from Aberdeen...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

Blackpool already sold him on to Scunthorpe in January, so if we got anything additional it would've been then (I doubt it was anything material!)

Wasn't the rumour that we get a decent 6-figure fee for him when we sold him to Blackpool (I recall reading £500k, which sounded high to me!)?

He ultimately turned into a decent profit turn for us after being picked off the scrap heap from Aberdeen...

Yes the reports said it was about 500k, that's why I didn't expect any profit. But yeh I forgot he had already moved on.

6 hours ago, rigger said:

We could do with a "back to basics" coach. We struggle to take throw-ins, at all levels.

I don't know about at the Academy level, but for the first team they seem to really favour throwing the ball to someone like Brereton who then volleys the ball across the width of the field. 

For years under Mowbray a throw-in was ALWAYS a positive play for the opposition - we always let them throw it to whoever they wanted because our marking was awful and they always put us under tremendous pressure when we were taking (often leading to aimless throws down the line to Gallagher and a loss of possession). 

• Like 1

We've been shite at set pieces for years especially corners but free kicks might as well have been just booted into touch. 

Smart move if you ask me and maybe the continental style coaches aren't strong on this so have asked for specific help from some who understand this league more.

Nothing wrong in that imo.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't know about at the Academy level, but for the first team they seem to really favour throwing the ball to someone like Brereton who then volleys the ball across the width of the field. 

For years under Mowbray a throw-in was ALWAYS a positive play for the opposition - we always let them throw it to whoever they wanted because our marking was awful and they always put us under tremendous pressure when we were taking (often leading to aimless throws down the line to Gallagher and a loss of possession). 

Our best throw-ins came under Hughes. Chuck it to Tugay and bomb forward.

28 minutes ago, 47er said:

We take too long over throw-ins. Everybody's marked.

I agree. Watch film of teams in the last century. Throw ins were taken almost immediately before players could be marked up. Now we spend ages shuffling up the side line to gain 5 or 10 yards.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

• Backroom
19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good move by Broughton and getting someone in who just works on set piece is just smart move. 

Penalties should be easy:

Pick left or right and put your laces through it.

• Like 1

being third in the league it`s imperative that we kick on in january with some new players,lets be honest,there are 5/6 players in the squad that ar`nt good enough at this level,personally id`e be flogging diaz and spending the money on midfielder,centre forward and a left sided midfielder,unless he signs a new deal there is no point letting him go for nothing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

being third in the league it`s imperative that we kick on in january with some new players,lets be honest,there are 5/6 players in the squad that ar`nt good enough at this level,personally id`e be flogging diaz and spending the money on midfielder,centre forward and a left sided midfielder,unless he signs a new deal there is no point letting him go for nothing

I think we need additional funds for a promotion push.  Leave BBD where he is, our only chance of going up is with him banging them in regularly.   Same as last season when we were 2nd, myself and a few on here wanted a forward.  We need one.  And a sitting mature man midfielder 

Edited by Sparks Rover

33 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think we need additional funds for a promotion push.  Leave BBD where he is, our only chance of going up is with him banging them in regularly.   Same as last season when we were 2nd, myself and a few on here wanted a forward.  We need one.  And a sitting mature man midfielder 

midfield definately needs a boost,i have doubts on travis ability to read the game and morton is`nt half as good as he was made out to be,the club does seem to be better run though i don`t like jdt`s football philosophy,i honestly think his mindset is still in sweden,english football is a completely different animal,nobody gives you **** all over here,even if you play at the lowest level,it`s always a battle

• Like 1

• Backroom
11 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Jon Dahl Tomasson reveals his Blackburn Rovers transfer expectations

A really healthy article!

I'd personally look to loan out:

Garrett, Phillips, Harlock, Vale, Leonard, Markanday.

Pending replacements, I feel we ought to sell Edun, JRC, Brown.

53 minutes ago, Mike E said:

A really healthy article!

I'd personally look to loan out:

Garrett, Phillips, Harlock, Vale, Leonard, Markanday.

Pending replacements, I feel we ought to sell Edun, JRC, Brown.

Added to the above, I would also buy Mola and send Hirst back. 

• Like 2

On 07/12/2022 at 21:29, Darrenbot said:

And how to have a plan B coach when plan A isn't working

I think Plan B would require players capable of holding the ball up, or winning headers. 

We often switch formations / tempo when trying to change a game, but you can't go direct with Brereton / Gallagher et al upfront.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I'd add Dack to that list if he's not going to play him.

Also, curiously, JRC played in midfield in Marbella - I think he can do a job there if allowed. He's never a FB in a million years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Mola had a good game v West Ham reserves and a mare at Burnley so i wouldn't be rushing that one just yet.

Season long loan then decide.