BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Buckley has had a period of time out of the time and was on the bench so we see over the coming matches but I think Buckley will be part of the squad here. Plus he has signed a 5 year contract only a few months ago. 

I would drop Travis. 

Who knows if we will face financial penalties for not playing Morton. All baseless speculation. 

The irony of calling someone out for "baseless speculation" considering that you believe everything, including what people overhear on trains!

We will never know if there are financial penalties, it is just a theory as it is common with teams loaning kids from the Premier League, and Morton has pretty much played every game regardless of performance dips.

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The irony of calling someone out for "baseless speculation" considering that you believe everything, including what people overhear on trains!

We will never know if there are financial penalties, it is just a theory as it is common with teams loaning kids from the Premier League, and Morton has pretty much played every game regardless of performance dips.

Given who the source of the info was and someone I know. I trusted it and given who told him the info would have good inside info

42 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sounds like baseless speculation to me.

A game on the bench hardly means he will be playing regularly, that's quite the leap of logic.

Buckley has been out of favour for a while but was on the bench ahead of Wharton and Garrett. Given JDT's comment about Buckley last week I think he will be playing shortly

9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I heard from the commentator in the Preston match that Morton could be going to dortmund as part of the Bellingham deal

That would be beyond bizarre. To the extent there's any fuss over Morton I don't see what it's about at all. I'd describe him as average at best and even that may be extremely kind based on recent performances.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That would be beyond bizarre. To the extent there's any fuss over Morton I don't see what it's about at all. I'd describe him as average at best and even that may be extremely kind based on recent performances.

If you were a Dortmund scout who’d watched us regularly would you recommend Morton over young Wharton ? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I heard from the commentator in the Preston match that Morton could be going to dortmund as part of the Bellingham deal

I hope so, nothing against him but way to lightweight for the championship i'd prefer a more seasoned oven ready midfielder in there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Whoscored.com give Wharton a season's rating of 6.65 and Morton a rating of 6.64 so they rate them almost exactly the same.

It's difficult to judge the pair but Morton's had 16 games + 5 sub  appearances. Wharton's played 6 matches + 3 sub appearances. Wharton is clearly more skillful but has played a lot less. Morton has been less spectactular but has played well this season. Recently his form has dipped - arguably since paired with Travis in midfield.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Bellingham would need time to settle down at Liverpool and rather than sit on the bench it would make sense for them to send him on loan to us in the meantime

😀

• Like 4

One thing you can't fuck about with at this level is the engine room. You could play Iniesta along side 2 of Travis Morton and Szmodics on Saturday and he'd look like a competition winner. When our midfield 3 are bad, they're really, really bad. Travis hasn't got the ability to play the role being asked of him. Szmodics came with rave reviews playing as a number 10 and we're playing him as an 8 or, even more inexplicably, a winger. Morton has his moments but anybody aged 19 and above will bully him off the pitch.

Hope we bring someone in the Johnson/Whelan mould, you can't be bullied in midfield every other Saturday. And follow it up with an actual wide man and number 9. Would not be against a return to the Mowbray 4231 with Dack in behind Gallagher until then. He's got no knees and still the only man anywhere near where the ball landed from Brereton's cut back on Saturday.

Pretty wishful thinking Jim, Bellingham isnt gonna come here on loan with Liverpool ,Man.City, Real Madrid after him. 

Hope we are entertaining moving a few players on.... Hirst needs to go back to Leicester, maybe Edun and Pears moving on?  Butterworth and James Brown loan deals ? And what to do with Ben? Would you prefer £5 million now or zero pence at the end of the season in the best Lenihan/Rothwell time-honoured traditions? 

57 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No thanks, we had the actual Johnson and he was a bit shit.

Johnson was a decent player for us in his first couple of seasons and Whelan got Villa promoted.

1 hour ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Pretty wishful thinking Jim, Bellingham isnt gonna come here on loan with Liverpool ,Man.City, Real Madrid after him. 

Hope we are entertaining moving a few players on.... Hirst needs to go back to Leicester, maybe Edun and Pears moving on?  Butterworth and James Brown loan deals ? And what to do with Ben? Would you prefer £5 million now or zero pence at the end of the season in the best Lenihan/Rothwell time-honoured traditions? 

The £5million won't be seen, nor will it be added to this or next season's budget so I really really don't understand why anyone would want to sell in January. We're all doom and gloom on here despite being THIRD. Imagine it when you take your only consistent source of goals out of that.

1 hour ago, harryhealless1928 said:

For the sake of 5 million we might as well keep him.

I’d snap your hands off at 5m. Much like I’d have sold him in summer. We aren’t threatening the top of the table and aren’t at risk at the bottom. 

If we sell him, at worst we are questioning why we haven’t seen the Brereton money reinvested. 

If we keep him, we’re accepting we have no money to replace him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Bellingham would need time to settle down at Liverpool and rather than sit on the bench it would make sense for them to send him on loan to us in the meantime

😀

We would need players of his quality at a bare minimum to be able to play the style that the manager wants.

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

I hope so, nothing against him but way to lightweight for the championship i'd prefer a more seasoned oven ready midfielder in there.

he`s a bigger leighton clarkson for me,typical academy player,i.e gets steamrollered by seasoned pro`s because the academy system in no way prepares you for first team action like the old central league did

• Like 2

Despite being 3rd in the league, we're in desperate need of some attacking talent in January. If Breo doesn't play well then we have nothing going forward. Even when he does play well, we still don't create anything. 

I'd certainly send Hirst back and get someone new up top. I'd also reluctantly ship out Dack if it meant we could free up some good wages. 

In midfield, Buckley out on loan would suit all round I think. I'd replace him with a warrior in there as we're too nice to play against at the moment. We have too many players who like the ball at their foot but don't like getting stuck in without the ball.

In defence, we need a CB who can cover RB or vice versa. Why not make an offer for Nyambe?

Deadwood such as Edun and Rankin-Costello can most certainly go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s a bigger leighton clarkson for me,typical academy player,i.e gets steamrollered by seasoned pro`s because the academy system in no way prepares you for first team action like the old central league did

No matter what the league is called, it would still be the same players playing in it.