BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Selling off/releasing some fringe players (Rankin Costello, Hirst, Dack if hes not going to play) might free up some wage space 

To me, two areas of improvement are a pacey CF and a hard man in midfield. Still think were too soft. Every top playmaker has always had a midfield general covering behind them. Don't think the other options are too bad. 

Werent we in for Dembele from Bournemouth in the summer. Did he go anywhere? Doesnt seem to get a game there. 

Edited by benhben

21 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Jon Dahl Tomasson reveals his Blackburn Rovers transfer expectations

Good to see that Rovers are planning already for January and hopefully had a list of targets. 

I would sell JRC, Edun and Dack. 

I would loan Markanday, Leonard and Harlock. 

Plus we need to sort out Brereton Diaz's contract and whether he is staying here or not for the rest of the season and his contract situation. Also is Hirst still in JDT's plans for the rest of the season. 

20 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Anyone know much about him? 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good to see that Rovers are planning already for January and hopefully had a list of targets. 

I would sell JRC, Edun and Dack. 

I would loan Markanday, Leonard and Harlock. 

Plus we need to sort out Brereton Diaz's contract and whether he is staying here or not for the rest of the season and his contract situation. Also is Hirst still in JDT's plans for the rest of the season. 

Anyone know much about him? 

Would you potentially not keep him assuming he doesn't want to sign a new deal?

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would you potentially not keep him assuming he doesn't want to sign a new deal?

I would keep him and take the risk on losing him on a free but his quality getting us up. 

I also understand your point of view of getting a fee for him and use that money for a replacement and maybe another signing with that money. 

I guess it depends on what BBD wants to do, He might want to leave in January depending on the club who come in or wait to the summer to sign for Spanish club for a free or he might want to stay here for the season and if we get promote then sign a new contract here. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not sure I want this lot have any money. They’re starting to make the business Mowbray did look clever. At least he signed Dack.

I was thinking the same on the way home.

On one hand, I'm thinking 'let's give him a proper transfer window so he can bring in his own players'.

But on the other hand, if Szmodics, Mola and Hirst are anything to go by, we'll just get lumped with another load of crap who aren't good enought to play how he's wanting to.

• Like 2

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

I was thinking the same on the way home.

On one hand, I'm thinking 'let's give him a proper transfer window so he can bring in his own players'.

But on the other hand, if Szmodics, Mola and Hirst are anything to go by, we'll just get lumped with another load of crap who aren't good enought to play how he's wanting to.

They've been chasing Hirst all summer apparently,  does make you wonder what goes through Gregg and JDT minds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, booth said:

Better off signing a left back as that's where he'll play him.

Yesterday he started with Brittain on the right and Hedges on the left

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Nixon linking Sunderland with a loan move for John Buckley 

no chance. Buckley should be playing in the team here as first choice with Wharton or Morton or both if we switch to formation to play 3 in centre midfield. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yesterday he started with Brittain on the right and Hedges on the left

no chance. Buckley should be playing in the team here as first choice with Wharton or Morton or both if we switch to formation to play 3 in centre midfield. 

Every chance.

Buckley is a professional footballer. He'll go whereever to get game time.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No upside for us in that deal. 

If they want him they should be told they will have to pay. 

A lot.

Not sure there is no upside. He isn't playing here and is at a stage of his career where he must play regularly.

I'd certainly try to wrangle a bit of money out of the loan though, don't see how we should treat it any different to Prem clubs loaning players to Championship sides.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Buckley will be playing regular here. 

Mowbray is wasting his time here

He's not even been in the squad for a lot of games recently.

That suggests to me that Tomasson doesn't rate him.

If he's not playing, it's only a matter of time before he goes somewhere where he is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

He's not even been in the squad for a lot of games recently.

That suggests to me that Tomasson doesn't rate him.

If he's not playing, it's only a matter of time before he goes somewhere where he is.

JDT has dropped him on form and he was back on the bench yesterday. I think he started at Norwich with Adam Wharton

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That being said, Tomasson clearly doesn't fancy Buckley so maybe he will want a move in January. He won't drop his captain nor a player I presume we will face financial penalties should we not play him.

Buckley has had a period of time out of the time and was on the bench so we see over the coming matches but I think Buckley will be part of the squad here. Plus he has signed a 5 year contract only a few months ago. 

I would drop Travis. 

Who knows if we will face financial penalties for not playing Morton. All baseless speculation.