BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Allow me to live in fantasy land for a moment. First preference of course would be for Brereton-Diaz to sign a new contract. 

But if we did sell him.

Gyokeres, JpvH on loan with an obligation to buy at the end of the season and then a ball playing battling midfielder. 

Our core would be set for the future. We'd be in a position in the summer to look at players who give us an edge. Pace and trickery. Rather than continuously having to work on filling holes in our squad.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Allow me to live in fantasy land for a moment. First preference of course would be for Brereton-Diaz to sign a new contract. 

But if we did sell him.

Gyokeres, JpvH on loan with an obligation to buy at the end of the season and then a ball playing battling midfielder. 

Our core would be set for the future. We'd be in a position in the summer to look at players who give us an edge. Pace and trickery. Rather than continuously having to work on filling holes in our squad.

Whilst the post is definitely fantasy land (as you say) the bit in bold isn't. It's a very real problem we have had. 

We have constantly been patching up, chopping and changing, overly relying on loans, having unbalanced squads, year in, year out. 

And in fairness whilst there will always be change in a championship team, given there has been no continuity in style it means there hasn't even been a cohesive style of play, like for like replacements or any consistency for those who have stayed. For all the talk of projects there was no consistency or build whatsoever, just tearing it up and starting again every year. It's made it infinitely harder for ourselves and needs to stop. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Whilst the post is definitely fantasy land (as you say) the bit in bold isn't. It's a very real problem we have had. 

We have constantly been patching up, chopping and changing, overly relying on loans, having unbalanced squads, year in, year out. 

And in fairness whilst there will always be change in a championship team, given there has been no continuity in style it means there hasn't even been a cohesive style of play, like for like replacements or any consistency for those who have stayed. For all the talk of projects there was no consistency or build whatsoever, just tearing it up and starting again every year. It's made it infinitely harder for ourselves and needs to stop. 

I actually thought this when I was typing. But couldn't be bothered to keep going 😂

32 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

View to a permanent. That's the best move all round I think. Simply isn't going to make it here. Time for him to get his career going.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, rigger said:

As long as they were Princes

Aye, but there are 23,000 Saudis in their 'Royal Family' - they can't all be rich as Croesus. 

Anyway, in other news, Ronaldo is available unexpectedly (only £500K a week!) and we will be saving a fortune with Louis Annesley going to Barnet 🙂

3 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Aye, but there are 23,000 Saudis in their 'Royal Family' - they can't all be rich as Croesus. 

Anyway, in other news, Ronaldo is available unexpectedly (only £500K a week!) and we will be saving a fortune with Louis Annesley going to Barnet 🙂

We could do a swap, one Iberian international for another.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's Wigan, surely.  Scunthorpe are well above Oldham aren't they?

I think Oldham to be honest. And it's crazy really, they have over 45 players on the books with their B team included. Don't think they've quite realised they're a League Two team yet, let alone a non-league one.

2038908660_Screenshot2022-12-05at23_07_58.thumb.png.712717cb45bb7778e9e5fd97013d2b69.png

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

I think Oldham to be honest. And it's crazy really, they have over 45 players on the books with their B team included. Don't think they've quite realised they're a League Two team yet, let alone a non-league one.

2038908660_Screenshot2022-12-05at23_07_58.thumb.png.712717cb45bb7778e9e5fd97013d2b69.png

Scunthorpe and Oldham are bottom 2 in the National League. I bet Scunthorpe regret sacking Graham Alexander when they were 5th in League 1 in 2017/18 season. Just shows the level of mis-management at both clubs.