BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Dack to Sunderland rumour is the easiest story to write in the world, whether it is true or otherwise.

If there was any truth in it, it would be Sunderland's gain and our loss while players like Hirst, Vale and even Dolan and Szmodics play ahead of him.

Stop living in the past. On what evidence is there that Dack is anywhere close to the player he was?

2 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Stop living in the past. On what evidence is there that Dack is anywhere close to the player he was?

He would have had to have a serious downgrade to be any less useful than Hirst or Vale when we need a goal.

When he has played he has seemed physically fine, was really good at Blackpool and won us the game with his pass.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

We won’t know until he gets a run of games and I’d bet my life he offers more than vale and hirst 

Agree we won't find out until he has a run of games and I also throw Dolan in with Vale and Hirst being not good enough but Dack Ive seen lacks pace.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

As I have said on another thread, I feel like he is far superior to a number of our attacking options who considerably weaken us, and even if he doesn't start games, he is far more likely to impact games than those aforementioned options, but he has been under utilised in those situations, and we have won 0 points from those as a result.

Given his sending off for dissent today for the under 23's plus his lack of playing time I expect in 2 months' time, he will be leaving us probably for another championship team. 

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

Send Hirst back and bring in this guy! Only 22 years old, and danish 👀

12 games, 13 goals and 8 assists.

But will probably struggle getting a work permit...

He only gets 8 points on the work permit points system but Rovers could appeal against it given his age and say he is future international player. 

Some good finishes there

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He would have had to have a serious downgrade to be any less useful than Hirst or Vale when we need a goal.

When he has played he has seemed physically fine, was really good at Blackpool and won us the game with his pass.

Did not see the Blackpool game but Ive not seen anything from Dack to suggest he is nothing but a shadow of his former self.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We don't know whether he is physically fine or not cos we don't have the data and what JDT and his staff seen in training and in games, but given his lack of involvement in the last 2 months would that not signal to yourself that JDT doesn't see him as important player like yourself or others do in his team selection, what he demands on and off the ball, etc? 

59 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

On Dack, when we have seen him, he's missed a few half chances in most games he's come on and had one wrongfully disallowed. 

On the evidence I've seen he's not lost his instinct in and around the box. If he had more minutes he would be scoring goals. 

Of course he would, he's our most "talented" footballer....in the real sense of the word....he doesn't look like one, bit slow, bit lazy, but he's a proper player.    Them lads Dolan and Vale, Hurst... aren't fit to lace his boots in terms of footballing talent.  

Dack needs a arm around shoulder, Mogadon will get him going.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We don't know whether he is physically fine or not cos we don't have the data and what JDT and his staff seen in training and in games, but given his lack of involvement in the last 2 months would that not signal to yourself that JDT doesn't see him as important player like yourself or others do in his team selection, what he demands on and off the ball, etc? 

But who has been arguing that JDT sees Dack as an important player? This forum is for expressing our opinions, not for expressing JDT's opinions. JDT's mouth can do that just fine on its own.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What he should be saying is "Brereton isn't for sale in January"

Although if it was Waggot I'd be getting worried because there are more zero's at the end of £10million than £12 million.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

But who has been arguing that JDT sees Dack as an important player? This forum is for expressing our opinions, not for expressing JDT's opinions. JDT's mouth can do that just fine on its own.

I have expressed my opinion on Dack and the fact that the team has moved on from relying on Dack anymore. I would be selling him in January.  

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Although if it was Waggott I'd be getting worried because there are more zero's at the end of £10million than £12 million.

Rovers have offered a new contract from all reports and I doubt Rovers will accept any offers for him and hope he stays here. 

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Cameron Archer & Malcolm Ebiowei are two great loan shouts for Jan

Don't know much about Ebiowei but yeah Archer would be ideal, depends how much Emery has planned for him. 

He's already done it a bit at this level with PNE...... compared to Hirst.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have expressed Tomasson's opinion on Dack and the fact that the team has moved on from relying on Dack anymore. I would be selling him in January.  

Rovers have offered a new contract from all reports and I doubt Rovers will accept any offers for him and hope he stays here. 

Corrected.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very childish to be honest roversfan99. 

I have given yourself more than once my opinion on Dack and my opinion is very different to yours and many other fans. 

Only give it when you know the managers opinion.  Been doing it for donkeys lad....we ain't stupid

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hasta said:

Although if it was Waggot I'd be getting worried because there are more zero's at the end of £10million than £12 million.

But he is for sale.

JDT has been refreshingly honest in his interviews so far. He's said that promotion isn't part of the plan this year - i.e. enjoy riding this wave and he's aware that if the right bid comes in we'll sell Brereton.

As good as a player Brereton is, we'd be foolish to turn down £10-15m for him. That money could be re-invested into our threadbare squad. It'll all come down to people meeting our valuation within a certain timeframe i.e. leaving us enough time to get a couple of replacements in. Deadline day transfers will be told to f' off, as they were in the summer.

Where we are in the league at the time will be irrelevant I think. 

It’s Venky’s, they don’t budge if whatever they deem a ‘value’ price isn’t met, so if that means £10 million is turned down then so be it.

Though of course, if he is firing us to promotion in late January then it’s a fair gamble to take anyway.

• Like 1

There is no point selling Brereton in January if the money wont be re-invested immediately which is unlikely. Our goal tally would fall off a cliff. He's won us 3 or 4 games already by scoring the only goal. 

If we did do some business in January my first action would be to send Hirst back to Leicester and replace him with a better loan or permanent CF. The scouting job on him has been awful whoever did it. 

A strong, mobile centre midfielder who likes a tackle would be a massive plus for us. Were all a bit small and nice in there.

Wasnt Mola supposed to be this? We seem to be spending wage budget on loanees who never play at the moment. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

But he is for sale.

JDT has been refreshingly honest in his interviews so far. He's said that promotion isn't part of the plan this year - i.e. enjoy riding this wave and he's aware that if the right bid comes in we'll sell Brereton.

As good as a player Brereton is, we'd be foolish to turn down £10-15m for him. That money could be re-invested into our threadbare squad. It'll all come down to people meeting our valuation within a certain timeframe i.e. leaving us enough time to get a couple of replacements in. Deadline day transfers will be told to f' off, as they were in the summer.

Where we are in the league at the time will be irrelevant I think. 

If we didn't get a bid of £10 to 15 million in the summer, we aren't getting one now with 6 months left on his contract. How much were the highest bids in the summer? £10 million? What was the point in turning that down in July. It was / is highly unlikely that the offers were going to increase in January as he comes to the end of his contract, so if they were prepared to accept that figure they would have dealt in the summer. 

JDT is sticking to his line and playing promotion down, but promotion is 100% the aim. Selling your main goal threat when you are sat so close to the top two with no necessity to sell would be criminal, and would inevitably lead to more fans walking away and thinking what's the point. If Venkys wouldn't let Rothwell go last year I really don't think they are going to let BB go. 

There's no circumstance unless the bid is £20mill+ (which is what we were supposedly looking for)  I can see selling Brereton is a good idea unless it leads to promotion this year. There's no pressure from the player, who I actually believe wants to see what will happen this season.

Edited by Hasta