BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, slowmo said:

Not sure if posted already,  but good article on the new recruitment team and scouts at the club. 

https://trainingground.guru/articles/blackburn-unveil-new-look-recruitment-team-after-making-three-hires

All sounds really positive and much more professional from where we were. Let's hope we reap the benefits quickly, maybe even January ?

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 2

Great share that, slowmo.  Sounds like we were left in a right mess. I thought Mogga prided himself on these scouting operations- I could be wrong but didn't he say a European scouting network was being implemented etc?

Hopefully this group can contribute and help us dig up a few diamonds.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Great share that, slowmo.  Sounds like we were left in a right mess. I thought Mogga prided himself on these scouting operations- I could be wrong but didn't he say a European scouting network was being implemented etc?

Hopefully this group can contribute and help us dig up a few diamonds.

Didn't they build it up then more or less write it off again because of the brexit issues ?

Either way it's good that they are building it up but as @roversfan99says it doesn't always mean much under this ownership. We've hung onto a Prem set up behind the scenes then smashed it to bits cost cutting and lost any number of good staff. Then it's been semi built up again probably costing a small fortune only to see them leaving again bit by bit.

So now it's about version number 4 only difference is it (should) be being overseen by a proper DoF, first time for everything but hold onto your hats.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

And the best of all, Alan Ball, born Farnworth 1945

Not forgetting John O'Mara, as some of my older readers will remember. Southern accent etc, signed from Brentford, but "born in Farnworth".

Wracking my brains, but does anyone else remember who Alf Thornton was referring to in his ironic" born a bottle's throw from Ewood Park?

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Not forgetting John O'Mara, as some of my older readers will remember. Southern accent etc, signed from Brentford, but "born in Farnworth".

Wracking my brains, but does anyone else remember who Alf Thornton was referring to in his ironic" born a bottle's throw from Ewood Park?

Stuart Metcalfe , John Byrom ?

57 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Bryan Douglas ?

15 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

mark patterson

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Interesting to see if any deal is done ahead of 1st january....we need to act quick if we want a promotion race.

Rovers, act quick?

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

You'd like to think with the new scouting set up and a better structure in general we'll be in a place to act proactively, rather than the reactive nature of our past dealings which always felt like a case of camp out in the office on deadline day and see what's available. 

Again that is a Venkys thing, it has happened with rare exceptions throughout heir tenure, with the natural delay of seemingly getting a response from India.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Big January needed. Send Mola and Hirst back, both shite. 2 full backs, an experienced midfielder and a forward needed.

hirst is absolutely shocking,reminds me of paul mckinnon,out of his depth and never likely to score,better of spending hundred grand on a lower league centre forward,at least they put themselves about