BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

5 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Midfield:

Davenport, Johnson and Rothwell left.

Clarkson was on loan.

I see Jacob Davenport was released by Lincoln City in January and is now a free agent.

I always liked him in the Rovers team but Mowbray wouldn't give him enough game time.

I hope he gets another chance (Bradford City?) in the near future.

9 minutes ago, bazza said:

I see Jacob Davenport was released by Lincoln City in January and is now a free agent.

I always liked him in the Rovers team but Mowbray wouldn't give him enough game time.

I hope he gets another chance (Bradford City?) in the near future.

Mad how Tyler Morton is probably sat on a contract worth 2-3m and Jacob Davenport is being released by Lincoln.

Know who I’d rather have.

Edited by SBlue
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, why would you even consider a change after a poor spell of results and performances that have seen us slip from 3rd to 8th?!

poor spell of results? we just 2 very good away draws when most people on here gave us zero chance of ever picking a draw, Yes Wigan was disappointed result but overall this season has been enjoyable and good in terms of results and table wise. Yes we have dropped from 3rd to 8th but we are still in a good position to get a top 6 and playoff place. 

On the change of formation, I feel that this squad suits 4-2-3-1 given the attacking players we have. I would play BBD on the left cos his suits his game and how he like to come inside and shoot. Play Thomas wide and Dack in the 10 role with Dolan/Gallagher or Vale up front for rest of the season. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

poor spell of results? we just 2 very good away draws when most people on here gave us zero chance of ever picking a draw, Yes Wigan was disappointed result but overall this season has been enjoyable and good in terms of results and table wise. Yes we have dropped from 3rd to 8th but we are still in a good position to get a top 6 and playoff place. 

On the change of formation, I feel that this squad suits 4-2-3-1 given the attacking players we have. I would play BBD on the left cos his suits his game and how he like to come inside and shoot. Play Thomas wide and Dack in the 10 role with Dolan/Gallagher or Vale up front for rest of the season. 

2 wins in 10 (league only)…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes, undoubtedly a poor spell of results.10 points from 10 games since the World Cup, 9 games if you go from Norwich away when I think we started playing 4231. And the aforementioned slip down the table. Around 1 point a game is bottom of the table fare.

Im talking specifically about your strange justification that because Tomasson has stuck with 4231 recently, that no changes should be considered. Our recent run of results has been factually crap, as have performances which is subjective but most would agree.

I am not even saying that we definitely should change formation. But change in general must be considered because our recent results using this formation have been shite.

• Like 3

Davenport was one of those players who became better when he didnt play, as was often the case. When he did play he was unremarkable and the main reason he didnt was injuries.

I did think at times he was used as an example as a stick to beat Mowbray with, as if he was hard done by. He just was not reliable fitness wise nor particularly good as can be seen post Rovers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

With hardly any game time you were for binning off Dack not that long ago. You change your mind like the wind. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Pears and JRC this season are great examples of how more patience is going to be needed with some players now given the way the club operates.

Also shows that JDTs relatively unique use of the u23 side as a means of squad game time (given our young squad anyway) has really built confidence now it's perceived as 'extra minutes' rather than 'being dropped'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

And he was mocking those that still liked Dack....😟

Yup. And challenges multiple times on it. Repeatedly said his legs have gone and he's not the same player anymore even though Dack was getting zero game time and therefore zero evidence to back up his opinion. 

Its clear to see now that Dack is back in the fold that he's the best footballer in our squad. And that's been the case since the day he signed. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Yup. And challenges multiple times on it. Repeatedly said his legs have gone and he's not the same player anymore even though Dack was getting zero game time and therefore zero evidence to back up his opinion. 

Its clear to see now that Dack is back in the fold that he's the best footballer in our squad. And that's been the case since the day he signed. 

I think it was a case of IF Dacks legs had gone.

It was up to Dack to prove he was still able to play at championship level, and luckily for us, he seems to be doing that.

9 hours ago, Mike E said:

Also shows that JDTs relatively unique use of the u23 side as a means of squad game time (given our young squad anyway) has really built confidence now it's perceived as 'extra minutes' rather than 'being dropped'.

Great point and i'll also throw in the early round cup games as well he made some brave calls there.

Vital mins for young players.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes, undoubtedly a poor spell of results.10 points from 10 games since the World Cup, 9 games if you go from Norwich away when I think we started playing 4231. And the aforementioned slip down the table. Around 1 point a game is bottom of the table fare.

You are only looking at the last 10 games instead of looking at the overall season including 2 good cup runs. I think this season has been better than I was thinking in terms of league table position. 

Im talking specifically about your strange justification that because Tomasson has stuck with 4231 recently, that no changes should be considered. Our recent run of results has been factually crap, as have performances which is subjective but most would agree.

4-2-3-1 has always been my preferred formation and I think its suits the squad we have. I said this formation was the right formation during the summer

I am not even saying that we definitely should change formation. But change in general must be considered because our recent results using this formation have been shite.

You need to make your mind up whether we change formation or not. Would you change formation for today game to back 3 and go 3-5-2 today or not? 

10 hours ago, toogs said:

With hardly any game time you were for binning off Dack not that long ago. You change your mind like the wind. 

I thought Dack had more than enough time to show his quality and didn't look the same player. Since the World cup he has looked fitter, better and like the old Dack even we still need to managed his game time and how we managed as I said Post WBA game and JDT said similar yesterday. 

Its isn't changing your mind like the wind but basing it on what you see and performances in games, then basing your opinion on that. 

9 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

and if you looked at his performances before the world cup you would have said that was correct opinion but since the world cup break he has looked a very different player and look like JDT was right with his decision to managed his game time and rush in back in the team. He has managed him correctly

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought Dack had more than enough time to show his quality and didn't look the same player. Since the World cup he has looked fitter, better and like the old Dack even we still need to managed his game time and how we managed as I said Post WBA game and JDT said similar yesterday. 

Its isn't changing your mind like the wind but basing it on what you see and performances in games, then basing your opinion on that. 

and if you looked at his performances before the world cup you would have said that was correct opinion but since the world cup break he has looked a very different player and look like JDT was right with his decision to managed his game time and rush in back in the team. He has managed him correctly

You were too quick to write him off.

JDT repeatedly said it would take time for Dack to get back up to speed. That isn't going to happen in a month or two after a 2 year lay off with two career-threatening injuries. It's taken nearly  a year from starting training again to get to this point. 

He's probably a yard slower than before his injuries,  but fortunately he's a very talented player at this level who never relied on pace, and he's still the most natural goal scorer at the club. 

15 hours ago, SBlue said:

Mad how Tyler Morton is probably sat on a contract worth 2-3m and Jacob Davenport is being released by Lincoln.

Know who I’d rather have.

Um, Morton? I mean I know Morton has not been great recently but for a while he was really decent. A lot better than Davenport ever managed. I doubt Morton will ever be released by Lincoln..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT repeatedly said it would take time for Dack to get back up to speed. That isn't going to happen in a month or two after a 2 year lay off with two career-threatening injuries. It's taken nearly  a year from starting training again to get to this point. 

He's probably a yard slower than before his injuries,  but fortunately he's a very talented player at this level who never relied on pace, and he's still the most natural goal scorer at the club. 

It is amazing how much slower he is than prior to his injury. Though we did see the same with Shearer - who was actually quite quick prior to his first ACL injury.

However it is good to see he hasn't lost his goal scoring ability. Hopefully his overall game will continue to improve as he continues to adapt his game.

25 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I commented on what I witness in his performances. not too quick but commenting on what we watched

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I commented on what I witness in his performances. not too quick but commenting on what we watched

You said his legs had gone and that we should sell him. You were too quick to judge considering he hadn't even got up to speed and wasn't properly fit, or even match fit at that point. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

It is amazing how much slower he is than prior to his injury. Though we did see the same with Shearer - who was actually quite quick prior to his first ACL injury.

However it is good to see he hasn't lost his goal scoring ability. Hopefully his overall game will continue to improve as he continues to adapt his game.

Might be something do with both knees having been repaired rather than one he'd have to be from a marvel comic for it not to have some sort of effects.

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You said his legs had gone and that we should sell him. You were too quick to judge considering he hadn't even got up to speed and wasn't properly fit, or even match fit at that point. 

Like I keep saying I based my opinion on what I was watching in games and that was my opinion. Dack has proved me wrong 

Why does everybody care so much about Chaddys opinion on everything? 
There’s loads of posters that have made an opinion, then when events unfold that opinion isn’t the reality, and they change their mind. That’s called life 

So what? It’s football and this is a messageboard - like all things social media you post your immediate thoughts 

Bloody hell, it’s like some of you have ever been wrong before. And it isn’t just on Dack it’s on every single damn thread and by the same half a dozen people 

It’s so fucking boring. You tell us not to read it but it’s literally every thread running at the moment. Find a new man to hassle

He has said now about 20 times that his opinion on Dack has changed. Move on 

• Like 9