BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Why does everybody care so much about Chaddys opinion on everything? 
There’s loads of posters that have made an opinion, then when events unfold that opinion isn’t the reality, and they change their mind. That’s called life 

So what? It’s football and this is a messageboard - like all things social media you post your immediate thoughts 

Bloody hell, it’s like some of you have ever been wrong before. And it isn’t just on Dack it’s on every single damn thread and by the same half a dozen people 

It’s so fucking boring. You tell us not to read it but it’s literally every thread running at the moment. Find a new man to hassle

He has said now about 20 times that his opinion on Dack has changed. Move on 

He gets bullied to fuck. I know he talks shite, but we all do. A bit sad how people get off on having a go at him all the time.

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Um, Morton? I mean I know Morton has not been great recently but for a while he was really decent. A lot better than Davenport ever managed. I doubt Morton will ever be released by Lincoln..

Never saw it myself with Morton. “Perhaps potentially adequate” rather than “really decent” imo. And that’s being kind.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are only looking at the last 10 games instead of looking at the overall season including 2 good cup runs. I think this season has been better than I was thinking in terms of league table position. 

4-2-3-1 has always been my preferred formation and I think its suits the squad we have. I said this formation was the right formation during the summer

You need to make your mind up whether we change formation or not. Would you change formation for today game to back 3 and go 3-5-2 today or not? 

I am looking at the last 10 games because you used the same 10 games as justification that we should continue with 4231, saying that Tomasson has used that formation since then. My point it that it is a strange justification for your stance that essentially nothing should change when our points tally in those games has been in line with a relegation struggler, not as a side that went into said run in third place!

Like I keep saying, I am not necessarily saying that we should change formation but it should be considered considering how poor our recent results have been since we changed tactic. A 3 at the back formation would be a reasonable suggestion IF it meant Dack behind Brereton and one other, as it would potentially allow a third attacking player, in recent weeks the wingers have been so pinned back that we have only had one striker (who has been either the useless Vale or Dolan who is not a striker in a million years) and Dack in attack. Especially with Wharton out (our only left footed competent centre back) I would not personally choose this, I would just swap Dolan and Brereton around.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

and if you looked at his performances before the world cup you would have said that was correct opinion but since the world cup break he has looked a very different player and look like JDT was right with his decision to managed his game time and rush in back in the team. He has managed him correctly

But that's not what I'm talking about. You repeatedly said his legs have gone and that he's not the player he once was. Based on very little as he wasn't in the team. 

Personally I think JDT could have given him more opportunities prior to the world cup but I'm pleased that he's left the door open for Dack to work his way back in. I'm sure that people within the club weren't saying, his legs have gone and that he can't play the way JDT wants to play. But that's exactly what you were saying.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I am looking at the last 10 games because you used the same 10 games as justification that we should continue with 4231, saying that Tomasson has used that formation since then. My point it that it is a strange justification for your stance that essentially nothing should change when our points tally in those games has been in line with a relegation struggler, not as a side that went into said run in third place!

I have stated that its suits this squad to play 4-2-3-1 formation and that's why I would play it. As I have said several times in my posts which each time you overlooked 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Like I keep saying, I am not necessarily saying that we should change formation but it should be considered considering how poor our recent results have been since we changed tactic. A 3 at the back formation would be a reasonable suggestion IF it meant Dack behind Brereton and one other, as it would potentially allow a third attacking player, in recent weeks the wingers have been so pinned back that we have only had one striker (who has been either the useless Vale or Dolan who is not a striker in a million years) and Dack in attack. Especially with Wharton out (our only left footed competent centre back) I would not personally choose this, I would just swap Dolan and Brereton around.

So after arguing to change formation you wouldn't do it. Thanks for answering question

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

But that's not what I'm talking about. You repeatedly said his legs have gone and that he's not the player he once was. Based on very little as he wasn't in the team. 

Personally I think JDT could have given him more opportunities prior to the world cup but I'm pleased that he's left the door open for Dack to work his way back in. I'm sure that people within the club weren't saying, his legs have gone and that he can't play the way JDT wants to play. But that's exactly what you were saying.

I have stated my opinion on Dack and the reasons why. As @Dreams of 1995said its getting boring now. Its like some people can't accept people opinions at the time and understand that what they were basing it now. Opinions changed based on performances in games. Simple as. Just like plenty of people slagged and wrote off Pears after the Wigan FA cup and now he had 6 games in row and only conceded 2 goals in he is changing people opinion

IMO, not a chance BBD will accept this offer.

In comparison to last season, this season has been moderate and he can't afford a repeat of this season next season otherwise the offers he gets for 2024/25 will be significantly less attractive financially.  If I was Brereton's agent I'd be advising him to strike whilst the iron is relatively hot and secure a big signing on fee and a lucrative contract for 3 years or more.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The only reason he'll accept the offer here is if it betters what he's been offered elsewhere.

What use is a 1 year deal to him? He could get badly injured a la Dack, then find himself with no, or far worse options, at the end of the year.

Why didn't we offer him a contract extension with higher pay earlier? Then, if he wouldn't sign, get a substantial fee for him. 

Amateurish

• Like 1

Very odd that Nixon is describing a 1 yr 30k a week contract as 'huge' and 'stunning'. Does he think it's 1998?

I'd be stunned if Villareal aren't offering more money, and supposedly it's a 5 year contract. This offer is surely a non-starter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The only reason he'll accept the offer here is if it betters what he's been offered elsewhere.

What use is a 1 year deal to him? He could get badly injured a la Dack, then find himself with no, or far worse options, at the end of the year.

The only logic I can think of is that he just just became a father for the first time, and staying in a stable enviroment with family for one more year before uprooting his family to another country might appeal. Could be his partner preference.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, briansol said:

The only logic I can think of is that he just just became a father for the first time, and staying in a stable enviroment with family for one more year before uprooting his family to another country might appeal. Could be his partner preference.

Beat me too it

Rovers have always been (overly) generous to injured players regarding extending contracts so that may reduce that fear

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Very odd that Nixon is describing a 1 yr 30k a week contract as 'huge' and 'stunning'. Does he think it's 1998?

I'd be stunned if Villareal aren't offering more money, and supposedly it's a 5 year contract. This offer is surely a non-starter.

Yeah agreed, it's that strange that you might think there has been some hint that it might be considered. For the club it's obvious that a long-term contract would be the preferred option. He and his partner might have discovered how stressful it is to have a fresh baby and might consider staying around familiar surrounding for another year. It's quite a different scenario for a partner to stay at home with a crying baby in a foreign country.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I dont know, considering £30,000 a week is close to double what our top earners are supposedly earning, I'd say it's eye raising to say the least 

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn’t be offering him that sort of money at all. That’ll get us two or three good players who’ll contribute more than BBD.

I can't see how it would do that unless we got incredibly lucky in the market. 

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

I dont know, considering £30,000 a week is close to double what our top earners are supposedly earning, I'd say it's eye raising to say the least 

We have been paying circa 20k for our top earners for a while, it's more like a 50% increase. We were also paying that (30k) to Rhodes nearly a decade ago, and we all know how inflation works in football. It's a lot for us, sure, but a one-year deal is hardly a huge commitment. It's 1.5 million on a player we were rating in the 20 million plus bracket. We could probably put him up for sale in the summer for 3 million even if he only scored another 5 goals this season, and have a long list of suitors.

Moreover, as I said earlier, it's highly unlikely to be more than Villareal are offering (probably a nice signing on bonus thrown in over there too, wouldn't be surprised if that alone was worth more than our offer).

Edited by bluebruce

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Do non-Champions League Spanish clubs generally pay substantially more than £30k a week? (Maybe a top earner/marquee player, but a whole starting XI etc?)

Best resource I have for that is FM20, where Sevilla's squad starts the game with 15 players earning 30k or more. 9 of them earning between 43-110k. Not gospel of course but they research thoroughly and wage figures usually seem to be ballpark. Given he is a free transfer that would ordinarily cost 8 figures, I'd be astonished if he's not being offered at least 40k. In fact if he isn't, he would really be advised to look elsewhere. There are Championship clubs who would pay him that.

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Do non-Champions League Spanish clubs generally pay substantially more than £30k a week? (Maybe a top earner/marquee player, but a whole starting XI etc?)

Dont think so, their TV contract is a lot worse as they all need to negotiate separately so Real amd Barca hoover it up but everyone else struggles. I wouldn't be surprised if our offer is better.

What I dont get is why offer a one year deal? How does that help us? Very odd. Surely just letting him go and spending the money on a proper replacement makes more sense?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Dont think so, their TV contract is a lot worse as they all need to negotiate separately so Real amd Barca hoover it up but everyone else struggles. I wouldn't be surprised if our offer is better.

What I dont get is why offer a one year deal? How does that help us? Very odd. Surely just letting him go and spending the money on a proper replacement makes more sense?

Playing to the gullible - again - to make it look like we're doing something.

• Like 1