BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

35 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

No one has ever confirmed what happened but he was back quickly  playing at Bordeaux and then Stoke City. In any event, I am sure he doesn’t look on Blackburn Rovers too favourably.

They did. He failed his medical due to a stress fracture of his back. 

Blackburn Rovers CEO opens up on failed bid for Josh Maja | Lancashire Telegraph

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think it’s fair to say that historically we’ve been lacking in direction and strategy. But I do genuinely believe that GB has a plan and he will need time to execute it. We all want success right now and I think the recent forays into the Playoff positions have raised expectations but it’s clear to anyone that we are not a top 6 team / squad. We simply do not have the finances, so will need to overachieve to get there.

I don’t think we struggle to identify players, the problem is that we simply cannot afford them under FFP regulation. If another owner came in, they would be under the same restrictions.

Of course, we must get better at generating revenue from player sales but with diminishing gates and being placed in a low economic area, we just don’t generate the funds we need to.

Agreed. However, 'better' owners with their ear to the ground in the actual country the club is based in might've sacked Waggott a long time ago and brought in a forward thinking CEO to help raise revenues to combat the restrictions we find ourselves under. He and Mowbray have cost the club £20million in transfer fees the last two years but thinks he's doing a good job because of season ticket revenue. 

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Rough morning?

unsall has said that a French attacker is on his way over for a medical today. We alL assumed it was ogbo, Sharpe has denied that….A poster mentioned that this krasso is out of contract and looking at his abilities it fits what JDT was looking for. We’ve just literally debated him & how it could be him. It’s your choice whether to agree or not. Not sure why you’ve taken such an offence to it…Could maybe be Josh Maja as we’ve been linked with him before and he too is out of contract soon.

No, said a striker is supposedly flying over from France today for a medical, not sure of name or if he is French, hopefully something happens shortly 😀

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think it’s fair to say that historically we’ve been lacking in direction and strategy. But I do genuinely believe that GB has a plan and he will need time to execute it. We all want success right now and I think the recent forays into the Playoff positions have raised expectations but it’s clear to anyone that we are not a top 6 team / squad. We simply do not have the finances, so will need to overachieve to get there.

I don’t think we struggle to identify players, the problem is that we simply cannot afford them under FFP regulation. If another owner came in, they would be under the same restrictions.

Of course, we must get better at generating revenue from player sales but with diminishing gates and being placed in a low economic area, we just don’t generate the funds we need to.

I would take issue with us not being a top six squad. In this season and last weve spent huge swathes of the season in top six, and teams with less resources than us made the top six last two seasons (Luton, Barnsley) it seems bizarre to say we dont have top six capability.

In terms of financial constraints what would be interesting is to see what the disposable cash Rovers have under FPP versus other non parachute teams. Us versus say Reading, Sunderland, Bristol City, Blackpool, Millwall would be interesting reading. At the moment it isnt clear to me how the disposable income for salaries and transfers varies.

• Like 2

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I would take issue with us not being a top six squad. In this season and last weve spent huge swathes of the season in top six, and teams with less resources than us made the top six last two seasons (Luton, Barnsley) it seems bizarre to say we dont have top six capability.

In terms of financial constraints what would be interesting is to see what the disposable cash Rovers have under FPP versus other non parachute teams. Us versus say Reading, Sunderland, Bristol City, Blackpool, Millwall would be interesting reading. At the moment it isnt clear to me how the disposable income for salaries and transfers varies.

It isn't though really is it? We have players in our current starting XI that are bettered in a like for like comparison by pretty much every other starting XI in the league. Our CMs and striker options are bottom 6 quality not top 6.

Hi, 

First time poster here. 

Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but I was a little bored at work on Friday and I sent an email to general enquiries at Blackburn, I attached the YouTube video of Krasso and said that he was worth a look as his contract was expiring in June, who knows if he was on their list to begin with or if it's the player they are looking at today 🤣 

Rovers.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Sorry for being pedantic but Waggott doesn’t confirm it was a medical failure, Sharpe reports as this what was widely assumed / reported. Mowbray was very tetchy about it at the time and also never confirmed it was a medical failure. 

10 minutes ago, unsall said:

No, said a striker is supposedly flying over from France today for a medical, not sure of name or if he is French, hopefully something happens shortly 😀

Exciting, thanks for sharing.

Does your source have a good track record of getting these things right?

25 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

It isn't though really is it? We have players in our current starting XI that are bettered in a like for like comparison by pretty much every other starting XI in the league. Our CMs and striker options are bottom 6 quality not top 6.

Then how have we been in the top six for most of the season?

47 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

We've fallen away both seasons because we don't have a top 6 squad. The first XI, maybe, when everyone is firing, but once players lose form or get injured we have nobody to replace them with.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT must be doing an amazing job then. 

I'm very much in that camp yes!

Top 2 quality centre halves and GK though for me. Won't find a better 3/4 than ours despite recent errors!

49 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Sorry for being pedantic but Waggott doesn’t confirm it was a medical failure, Sharpe reports as this what was widely assumed / reported. Mowbray was very tetchy about it at the time and also never confirmed it was a medical failure. 

He didn't play for Bordeaux afterwards due to injury .He only got fit in December 

45 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Excellent post. Before we all capitulate to the we can’t compete line, it needs to be remembered that other clubs without the financial clout, still compete on the pitch, Barnsley, Huddersfield, Luton, Millwall etc.

To be fair though, at this moment we are competing and with a better window, we should have been able to sustain a play off push.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, islander200 said:

Assombalonga joined Watford 6 month contract with an option of 

Just speculation, but maybe that creates an opening for Greg to make a loan move for Watford flop Vakoun Bayo.  He had a good spell in Belgium before joining Watford.