BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’m glad you took that in the spirit it was intended - I understand you have access to the ban button…

We try not to use it - every time we ban someone we earn less. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Tbf he’s publicly taken responsibility there…but I can see some fire in his eyes. He’s seething and I reckon he’s on the fuckin warpath behind the scenes.

A good leader would never demolish a colleague publicly….you do that behind closed doors.

The LOB thing is really sad for all parties. Including GB and his administration, because this signing would’ve signalled a ‘stepping up’ in quality. 

He is seething, I imagine he's not responsible even though he's claimed responsibility, and I reckon someone has had a massive bollocking. I wouldn't be surprised if someone's for the chop, and I wouldn't be surprised if GB is pissed off at Waggott and Pasha for being sat on their arses in Birmingham. And rightly so.

However he lost me at signing Hirst, I wasn't happy that he couldn't recently bring in a striker, and now this. I remain unimpressed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Tbf he’s publicly taken responsibility there…but I can see some fire in his eyes. He’s seething and I reckon he’s on the fuckin warpath behind the scenes.

A good leader would never demolish a colleague publicly….you do that behind closed doors.

The LOB thing is really sad for all parties. Including GB and his administration, because this signing would’ve signalled a ‘stepping up’ in quality. 

Saved me writing it

• Like 2

Just now, goozburger said:

@J*B Any update on the rumoured toxic staff meeting? Wondering if this has all blown-up.

You're a manager relatively new to the club, you get a ragtag squad to the play off places, and you've already said publicly we don't want to waste a transfer window.

It's definitely blown up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Not at all, my stance aint changed, but good leaders take responsibility and he has done that.

That remains to be seen. Admitting your mistakes is one step. Not repeating them is another. Time will tell if Broughton is being sincere.

That said, he's got far more money in the bank than Waggott as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Due to the whole political shit storm that has followed the embarrassment of the administrative mistakes, I think nobody is really looking at Broughton in regards to the signings he has made or is trying to make.

He has based his whole tenure on seemingly lowering expectation for the first season in a project, so why is so much focus on the short term? The Brereton situation is likely out of his hands, but you would presume that if he was genuine, that loans would be a last resort, not the foundations for an intended busy January.

The specifics in midfield are particularly curious. He was specific in pinpointing how we wanted one in the summer to avoid "blocking pathways" for Adam Wharton and Garrett. We signed Morton who according to Broughton's warped theory didn't block those pathways as much. Come January, we try to get O'Brien over the line after a 6 week chase and also another young midfielder, how is that consistent with any of the previous? 

You look at Hyam and Brittain, those deals made sense, direct replacements for Lenihan and Nyambe. Otherwise, little has made sense.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Not at all, my stance aint changed, but good leaders take responsibility and he has done that.

Does that mean sackings shouldn't occur? Of course not, someone needs potting

I think it's PR fluff and if you actually listen to it he's deflected blame all the way through. Saying you're taking responsibility isn't the same as doing it. If it was he should resign.

But someone should lose their job, (this is a huge financial fuck up if we don't make the play-offs on gate-receipts alone), and if not him then who? 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

We have a Director of Football, it's not Steve Waggott's role to make sure those things happen. Total re-framing to suit a narrative.

Completely disagree. Broughton has been interviewed several times as to what his role encompasses, and the Company Secretary - the man responsible for registering deals - does not report to Broughton. It’s absolutely Waggott’s area of accountability. On Tuesday night he had two competing responsibilities: directly oversee the successful registration of transfers or be at a football match. Which was more important?

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Waggott level invincibility confirmed! I'm gonna use naughty words more than ever...

Boobies!

Don't be a blue bird variety and a great one too. Especially if there are a pair of them as they sound worse in the plural.

7 minutes ago, booth said:

You're a manager relatively new to the club, you get a ragtag squad to the play off places, and you've already said publicly we don't want to waste a transfer window.

It's definitely blown up.

Yep, if GB's 'furious', imagine how the bloke feels who carried the can for the results on the pitch. I wouldn't be surprised if he does one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Saying you're taking responsibility isn't the same as doing it. If it was he should resign.

You see it an all walks of life these days. A hollow apology and the usual PR "the buck stops with me" is often enough for people to say "OK" and move on.

Not many think Waggott is a suitable CEO, of course, but Broughton needs to take some responsibility. He has admitted as much, but again, the proof will be in the pudding.

And we're certainly run by absolute f*cking puddings.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, goozburger said:

@J*B Any update on the rumoured toxic staff meeting? Wondering if this has all blown-up.

I really hope JDT gives it the whole "do you know who I've played for, do you know about my career" etc etc and now having to deal with people like Steve Fucking Waggott. 

• Like 2

Just now, goozburger said:

You see it an all walks of life these days. A hollow apology and the usual PR "the buck stops with me" is often enough for people to say "OK" and move on.

Not many think Waggott is a suitable CEO, of course, but Broughton needs to take some responsibility. He has admitted as much, but again, the proof will be in the pudding.

And we're certainly run by absolute f*cking puddings.

If you read the twitter comments where the vid was posted, and the comments on here, that's exactly what's happened. 

Your last line just about sums it up.

1 hour ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

Saying this at the risk of being shot, I like Gregg. I'd been impressed with what I saw before the transfer window and now he's admitted there has been a monumental fuck up and is taking responsibility for it. It was a shit-show, we know it, he knows it. He's clearly still learning on the job, but now he's been bitten he needs to ensure this never happens again. 

That might not be a popular view point on here but I think he has a level of intelligence and communication that I haven't seen someone at Rovers have in a long time. Even though this was bad, everyone is allowed one fuck up in my eyes.

He’s stepping up as a leader and taking responsibility for the monumental fuck ups of people who don’t even report to him.

My prediction: Waggott and Sylvester will get the chop at some stage for this.

• Like 4