BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What if Elon Musk had bought Rovers instead of Twitter…

Football is rife with examples of owners buying football clubs without doing sufficient due diligence *Harry Hill sideways look to camera*…but let’s have some fun with a thought experiment…what if Elon Musk had decided to buy Rovers & run it like he has started to run Twitter..?

Here’s my starter for ten…

1. Sacks all the existing board members…installs himself as CEO/Team Manager/Coach/Academy Head

2. Sacks all the marketing staff…issues threats to season ticket holders that monthly subscriptions to the 1875 club will be mandatory & will cost $8 per month

3. Trash Tweets about Vincent Kompany on a daily basis

4. Employs Tesla engineers to devise new training programme for the first team

5. Borrows $44bn somehow secured against a mortgage on Ben Brereton-Diaz (even though many wise commentators advise that a mortgage over a human being isn’t actually a thing..)

CD11A299-BEEC-4701-BC70-A7B6F69EAFD4.jpeg

He'd demand success no matter what. If you weren't a driven winner you'd be out. He'd learn every detail and squeeze every last bit out of every individual within the club.

A lot of people throw shade at Elon Musk. He certainly brings a large element onto himself but you don't become the richest person in the world by chance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

He'd demand success no matter what. If you weren't a driven winner you'd be out. He'd learn every detail and squeeze every last bit out of every individual within the club.

A lot of people throw shade at Elon Musk. He certainly brings a large element onto himself but you don't become the richest person in the world by chance. 

Agreed - if he did exactly what he’s done at Zip2, PayPal, Tesla, The Boring Company and SpaceX here then we’d be winning the Champions League before the turn of the decade. His £8 blue tick long term plan is genius.

I don’t think that’s the point of the thread though, to be fair. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Being a Grade A cunt helps

• Like 8

He’d revive the Super League, with newly engorged Rovers the lead member, whilst advocating fairness and redistribution across the game.

That’s the rank hypocrisy I see in advocating freedom of speech and summarily removing half his new workforce without consultations. 

Edited by riverholmes

It would be mad if he was the owner. as mad as all his Hyperloop type projects that are absolute garbage but look cool. He has some very good ideas, but also his eccentric personality would mean we'd probably be a bit like Watford, with managers coming and going, and/or saying stuff on social media about other teams and figures within the game.

It wouldn't be boring, that's for sure. We may even get a visit from his mate Xi Xingping.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

No you don't. It certainly helps when your family owns an emerald mine though. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

No you don't. It certainly helps when your family owns an emerald mine though. 

I'm no Musk fanboy. I think he's a narcissistic person who realised green solutions such as Tesla was the best way to get people to idolise him. 

His money is self made though. He moved to Canada from South Africa when he was 17. Working odd jobs. Created his own companies from nothing, sold and reinvested that money in other start ups.