BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If there was to be a protest following this latest balls up if there was a protest who do people believe this should be against.  I dont believe many would protest against the owners at this stage.  Would it be just Waggot, would it be Sylvester, would it be the board in general would that include Broughton??

I think some demonstrations at the ground are long overdue, or at least some banners asking for the board to explain themselves in particularly Venkys, Waggot and Broughton. Broughtons role in this cant be overlooked. Unless he is hamstrung by those higher up, he was brought in to make sure these thinks proceed correctly. 

I reckon Skysports would spin the story of discruntled little blackburn fans complaining when were in the playoffs, what else do they expect??

• Like 1

It will be aimed at Waggott, because he's the most senior figure the supporters can physically aim at, but @roversfan99 is correct. Waggott could resign, but we just know that these owners will appoint another pen-pusher to do their bidding. They are never going to leave the running of the club to somebody with autonomy.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If it is aimed at anything below Venkys, it is pointless.

During those early years when the protests were at their height, when the world’s media was focusing on them, they didn’t budge. We’re at a stage now were half as many people turn up at Ewood for home matches, and we’re no longer shown around the world, due to being outside the top flight… meaning that protest against them, when playing against a Championship side, is unlikely to come anywhere near what they were up against all those years ago.

I’ll probably get shot down for saying this, but Venky’s are keeping the club afloat. We owe them close to £300 million. If they pull the plug, we’re done for. As upsetting as the back of this week has been, it’ll be nothing compared to us becoming another Bury. The problem for me is, like it always has been, the people who are in charge of their money, over here. 

Just now, scotchrover said:

During those early years when the protests were at their height, when the world’s media was focusing on them, they didn’t budge. We’re at a stage now were half as many people turn up at Ewood for home matches, and we’re no longer shown around the world, due to being outside the top flight… meaning that protest against them, when playing against a Championship side, is unlikely to come anywhere near what they were up against all those years ago.

I’ll probably get shot down for saying this, but Venky’s are keeping the club afloat. We owe them close to £300 million. If they pull the plug, we’re done for. As upsetting as the back of this week has been, it’ll be nothing compared to us becoming another Bury. The problem for me is, like it always has been, the people who are in charge of their money, over here. 

We owe them more than we need to because of the horrendous way in that they run the club. The Bury comparison is always thrown out by their biggest defenders but it is not a comparable case. They repeatedly appoint incompetent people to do their work with seemingly neither their ability nor the autonomy to change much.

Whether a protest would have any point is a different matter, it didn't work back then and I was part of it, but I am not sure if there is even any point any more. But targeting individuals beneath them will not solve much.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We owe them more than we need to because of the horrendous way in that they run the club. The Bury comparison is always thrown out by their biggest defenders but it is not a comparable case. They repeatedly appoint incompetent people to do their work with seemingly neither their ability nor the autonomy to change much.

Whether a protest would have any point is a different matter, it didn't work back then and I was part of it, but I am not sure if there is even any point any more. But targeting individuals beneath them will not solve much.

Whilst I agree with some of what you’re saying, I disagree about the Bury case. Who’s going to come in and pick up the near £300 million debt, if they walk?

I’m sorry, but the “we’d do a Bury” argument really pisses me off. It’s so lazy, in no way are Blackburn Rovers and Bury, or their situations in any way comparable.

Why couldn’t we be the next Leicester, Leeds, Crystal Palace or Southampton? They make for far better comparisons.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

We'd need Pasha to facetime the Venkys during any protest, otherwise they won't know its happened

He walks into the ground unchallenged every match day, strolls through the blackburn end car park into the ground at 12pm and not once has anybody challenged this fraud. He wont even meet with supoorters. He needs to start feeling uncomfortable as his uncomfortableness will bring the pack of cards of the board crumbling down. Right now by their own admission he is their safety blanket.

Finally he was part if the SEM takeover discussions, and along witylh tweetie pies mate, remains a constant in this whole charade 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, scotchrover said:

id`e be willing to take any sacrifice if it meant getting rid of the indians,we might have to drop a few divisions but we`ll still be rovers,clubs don`t die,they just start again

• Like 3