BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

43 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

To those shooting me down- where is the £300 million coming from? 

If Venky’s pull the plug they kiss it goodbye.

The only chance they have of recouping their money is to either turn is into a massively profitable club - that involves promotion and a whole host of other miracles. Or they could find someone daft enough to pay them back what they have put in to buy us.

Presently they have a football club worth on paper £200 million, in reality they have a black hole that needs money throwing in it every so often. At some point they will have to write off their “investment”. If the subsidies are stopping, the sooner they go the better.

12 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Whilst I agree with some of what you’re saying, I disagree about the Bury case. Who’s going to come in and pick up the near £300 million debt, if they walk?

Duh. There is no debt. It is the venkys spare change stuffed down the back of the Rovers sofa.

I suppose Venkys could close down the club and sell everything off to reduce the debt they've incurred (or have created) but seems unlikely.

It seems they don't expect the club to pay off the debt, regard it as their debt and aren't particularly bothered about it.

Not true of Burnley's owners but promotion will solve that if they can then stay up. 

One set of owners seem quite venal but competent, the other willing to take the financial hit but utterly incompetent.

Which would we prefer if we had a choice?

21 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Organised protests don't work (sadly) they give the chancers behind the scenes too much time to come up with a narrative that works more in their favour. 

Protesting is only effective when it's spontaneous and most importantly unanimous! on matchdays. 

Exactly right. ‘Organised’ protests just end up with a few hundred or so fans looking a bit daft as the majority don’t join in as you ‘should just get behind the lads’.

Spontaneous eruptions of anger during a game (usually if you go 1 or 2 down) is when you get most joining in, they forget about ‘the lads’ then…

• Like 4

Not the time for any kind of protest. If you'd asked me what my demands were of the club at the back end of last season, it would have been the type of structure we are putting in place with someone like Broughton at the helm. 

The transfer window was a farce. But we simply do not know all the facts right now. Nixon has released info as to what happened. I'm aware these could be half truths to take control of the narrative, but if true then I can't beat the club too hard with what has happened. Any criticism which I would level at the club, Broughton has stated we will learn from and I appreciate his honesty. 

More information needs to come to light for fans to have the full picture of what happened this January. Anything prior to this is a knee jerk reaction. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Exactly right. ‘Organised’ protests just end up with a few hundred or so fans looking a bit daft as the majority don’t join in as you ‘should just get behind the lads’.

Spontaneous eruptions of anger during a game (usually if you go 1 or 2 down) is when you get most joining in, they forget about ‘the lads’ then…

I’m glad you thought we “ looked a bit daft” Matty. These “ organised “ protests , meetings , letters , radio involvement were in an attempt to save our club from exactly where we are today ….we tried..sadly you and others who thought of us as “ daft “ possibly  felt it beneath you ..

You ask for spontaneity…I’ve no idea where that will come from. Today’s Ewood fans are an extremely forgiving lot …or is it just apathy ? ….and a further example of the dumbing  down we have seen for the last 12 years ??

Edited by Dolly blue
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

I’m glad you thought we “ looked a bit daft” Matty. These “ organised “ protests , meetings , letters , radio involvement were in an attempt to save our club from exactly where we are today ….we tried..sadly you and others who thought of us as “ daft “ possibly  felt it beneath you ..

You ask for spontaneity…I’ve no idea where that will come from. Today’s Ewood fans are an extremely forgiving lot …or is it just apathy ? ….and a further example of the dumbing  down we have seen for the last 12 years ??

Some assumptions going on there dolly.

I was on every single one, and yes we were easily ignored and seen as representing a minority viewpoint as the vast majority looked the other way.

Angry grounds are spontaneous 99% of the time, look at Goodison this season as an example.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Ultimately and very sadly I think rovers fans as a collective deserve the owners we have. Far too much looking the other way when it mattered 10 years ago and now forget it. There is nothing so bad the club/owners could do that the large swathes of apologists wouldn’t defend to the hilt.

For the minority of fans who don’t deserve the Venkys it’s truly awful but unfortunately have to play the cards we’re dealt - ie a very passive fanbase who couldn’t really give a shit. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Ultimately and very sadly I think rovers fans as a collective deserve the owners we have. Far too much looking the other way when it mattered 10 years ago and now forget it. There is nothing so bad the club/owners could do that the large swathes of apologists wouldn’t defend to the hilt.

For the minority of fans who don’t deserve the Venkys it’s truly awful but unfortunately have to play the cards we’re dealt - ie a very passive fanbase who couldn’t really give a shit. 

That is somewhat true. How anybody could defend Venkys in any way after what they've done is beyond comprehension for me. 

• Like 7

The Walker Children were left a great inheritance by their Father,a proud,world famous and very well run Business at the time.If they had took control,nurtured and looked after their gift they would have been Quids in.

They sadly chose to get rid for short term gain,to the benefit of nobody long term..as we witness right now.

Tragic tale.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

On 03/02/2023 at 22:31, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Organised protests don't work (sadly) they give the chancers behind the scenes too much time to come up with a narrative that works more in their favour. 

Protesting is only effective when it's spontaneous and most importantly unanimous! on matchdays. 

I'll repeat what I said many times when Venkys took over "the only protest that the owners would have to take notice of would be if no supporters turned up." 

• Like 4

But that was never going to happen. And it certainly wouldn’t happen now as the majority of remaining match going fans don’t particularly have much issue with the owners.

Ask a selection of fans at Ewood why we don’t have any cash, and see how many blame the Rao family, and how many blame ‘shit support’.

• Like 4

Has anyone seen the takeover fiasco at Morecambe?

I read it over night on Twitter, so will try to post it on here.

Some similar happenings to VH taking over Rovers, but maybe a bit more suspicion about the money going in with the weekly washing.

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The Walker Children were left a great inheritance by their Father,a proud,world famous and very well run Business at the time.If they had took control,nurtured and looked after their gift they would have been Quids in.

They sadly chose to get rid for short term gain,to the benefit of nobody long term..as we witness right now.

Tragic tale.

Is that Flybe ?

On 03/02/2023 at 17:46, scotchrover said:

Whilst I agree with some of what you’re saying, I disagree about the Bury case. Who’s going to come in and pick up the near £300 million debt, if they walk?

Nobody is picking up the debt. Why should they? That money is the running costs of the last 10 years. If takeovers of football clubs included requirements that new owners had to refund the last 10 years of overspending then no club would ever get taken over.

How it works is that Venkys and everyone else need to realise that this money is gone, spent, their tab for owning the club and negligently doing so.

They have to walk away from it and sell the Club to a new owner debt free. It might sound unlikely but that's what happens in most takeovers.

And it isn't a £300 million debt, it is about half that.

• Like 1