BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

The problem isn't just the number of games that will be left when he signed. It's also that he will take time to get up to speed.

No matter how good he was last season, this season he has only played 770 minutes of senior football across all competitions. That's equivalent to about 8.5 full matches. The last time he played was 17 minutes as a sub on the 25th January...in January he only played 105 minutes total. I wouldn't be surprised if his training intensity has dropped a little too due to the limbo, and not even being in Forest's squad anymore.

I can't see him being ready to go as the player of last season for at least a few games. We may have to put up with him playing, potentially not all that well, to get him fully fit, at which stage there may only be a few games left.

I certainly hope it doesn't pan out that way, and even then he may make a difference in the playoffs if we somehow are in them. But it's definitely a possible scenario that he costs us on the pitch before he is ready to help us on it. That said, Morton has been costing us on the pitch all season.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I just don't think with the time left he will be worth putting all this effort into getting 

I think taking it forward to a arbitration panel is not necessarily about getting the player but about showing the EFL that they have a problem and getting the process reformed.

If we look at it no club has ever taken it this far. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't get any pleasure from showing up the EFL or causing a change in any processes. It won't cause any consolation to me if it means that we only get the player for not far off half of the games we wanted him for and we have even acknowledged some internal issues so we have still been partly responsible for this fiasco following a move so late in the window.

It also from our point of view overshadows a transfer window that was a failure for reasons beyond the O'Brien mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Why? What else are Broughton, Waggott, and company busy with in the meantime?

Hopefully they're getting some of the several players whose contracts expire in 2024 signed up for extensions. Dolan. Carter and JRC are just three of those in that boat. Does anyone think it'll actually happen? 

6 hours ago, J*B said:

He’s back fit now, training this week. 

Ok thanks but still going to be 3rd choice at best if we don't sign O[Brien

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Who's scoring the goals? I'd also argue you're probably playing a Boro / Watford / Norwich in there too.

Like I said to someone else, Someone will step up and score just like the last 2 games 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I can't see Adam Wharton playing much this season, he has put in a number of good performances (not just Blackpool, think Boro away, Birmingham home, Hull away, Stoke home off the top of my head) and more than Buckley or Morton but Tomasson doesn't seem to like him.

Clearly something has gone on behind the scenes that we don't know about

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said to someone else, Someone will step up and score just like the last 2 games 

If we don't know about it. How can it clearly have gone on ?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, alcd said:

Hopefully they're getting some of the several players whose contracts expire in 2024 signed up for extensions. Dolan. Carter and JRC are just three of those in that boat. Does anyone think it'll actually happen? 

We got A.Wharton and Buckley tied down to long term deals this summer.Ash Phillips tied down for as long as we legally could. Travis , Kaminski and Gallagher last season.

So yeah I do think the club will be offering new contracts to the players coming to the end of their contracts , that we want to keep.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do you think that? That's speculation and your opinion. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors at Ewood.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

I was more trying to make a point about how rumours can seemingly be cherry picked to suit a narrative. In someone's case anyway.

Oh I see.

On a not unconnected note, JDT has called out Garrett for not training hard enough. Maybe that was also the problem with Adam Wharton? Who knows...

'Step up' - Jon Dahl Tomasson gives honest verdict on Blackburn Rovers midfielder's gametime - LancsLive

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Oh I see.

On a not unconnected note, JDT has called out Garrett for not training hard enough. Maybe that was also the problem with Adam Wharton? Who knows...

'Step up' - Jon Dahl Tomasson gives honest verdict on Blackburn Rovers midfielder's gametime - LancsLive

It's fair enough, Dack, Travs and Buckley have had their experience of that. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rigger said:

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

Nope - no such thing as unknown knowns

Edited by wilsdenrover

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It could be big, could be small. I imagine it's something along the lines that Jdt felt A.Wharton wasn't pulling his weight so he was left out. There's multiple examples of this under Jdt's short reign and the answer is the player needs to work hard. Once they do and they earn the shirt they'll be back in the fold. It's up to Adam. Work hard and he'll play. I don't believe Jdt is one to hold grudges. If Wharton knuckles down he'll be a better player for it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yeah must have done, it cant possibly be that Tomasson doesnt have perfect judgement!

Would you have Wharton over either Morton over Buckley? (I expect a cryptic retort about form and fitness but how would you rank them in terms of how much you rate them at this present moment?)

5 hours ago, rigger said:

Why should we know? 

5 hours ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Why do you think that? That's speculation and your opinion. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors at Ewood.

As @Sweaty Gussetssaid @J*Bposted something about a problem between them. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah must have done, it cant possibly be that Tomasson doesnt have perfect judgement!

???

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Would you have Wharton over either Morton over Buckley? (I expect a cryptic retort about form and fitness but how would you rank them in terms of how much you rate them at this present moment?)

Buckley would start with Travis for me. Suit each others game

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why should we know? 

As @Sweaty Gussetssaid @J*Bposted something about a problem between them. 

???

Buckley would start with Travis for me. Suit each others game

You are assuming that there must a hidden reason why Adam Wharton doesnt play. It hasnt crossed your mind that Tomasson may not always judge selections correctly as it is obviously subjective. Whereas when people say that we may get financial penalties for not including Morton in squads, that is a "conspiracy."

Morton or Adam Wharton for the squad?

Buckley's performances have dropped this season and IMO he isnt suited to playing so deep. Adam Wharton has not played that often but more often than not has stood out.

• Like 1