BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

I guess this subject deserves its own thread now, can't see it has one. 

Lancs live reporting that the deadline to submit papers for the appeal is 4pm, with a decision hoped this week for the players' sake.

Apparently the appeal will be considered by the EFL board, comprised of different people from those who were involved last week.

Fingers, toes & everything else crossed that we get this over the line... 

• Like 1

If we make today's 4pm UK time appeal submission deadline without any spelling errors it will be taken as absolute proof that lessons have been learnt.

The appeal will fail and we can stop with the pretence that we wanted to sign an expensive midfielder after having failed miserably to sign the main target  - - any bloody striker.

I'm looking forward to full disclosure by Broughton as he promised.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

I guess this subject deserves its own thread now, can't see it has one. 

Lancs live reporting that the deadline to submit papers for the appeal is 4pm, with a decision hoped this week for the players' sake.

Apparently the appeal will be considered by the EFL board, comprised of different people from those who were involved last week.

Fingers, toes & everything else crossed that we get this over the line... 

What exactly are we appealing? We royally messed up. Not sure what they can do about that?

10 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

What exactly are we appealing? We royally messed up. Not sure what they can do about that?

We claim that the fault is not entirely ours. Which means either we believe the EFL are at least partly to blame, or some other external factors held us back.

As much as I do expect we have cocked up, the assertions that we definitely have are a bit premature until we know what actually happened. The club have claimed they will tell us after the appeal, that will be the best time to judge - not when known hack Alan Nixon has divulged details that may or may not be true. I doubt the club are going to make any public claims about the EFL's handling of the case that aren't true, as this could leave them open to legal action.

• Like 1

What external factors could we possibly be even blaming? If it was 1 transfer that fell through you'd think maybe an error at the other clubs end, it's not though it's 2.

The weather?

The WiFi went down?

The traffic?

Looking forward to Gregg revealing all when the half arsed appeal almost certainly fails. Like our deadline day, like our season.

43 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

What external factors could we possibly be even blaming? If it was 1 transfer that fell through you'd think maybe an error at the other clubs end, it's not though it's 2.

The weather?

The WiFi went down?

The traffic?

Looking forward to Gregg revealing all when the half arsed appeal almost certainly fails. Like our deadline day, like our season.

In O'Briens case is it not because the EFL sent the his contract back asking for clarity over what the reduction in his wage would be if we got relegated which according to Nixon didn't need to be asked

46 minutes ago, islander200 said:

In O'Briens case is it not because the EFL sent the his contract back asking for clarity over what the reduction in his wage would be if we got relegated which according to Nixon didn't need to be asked

I'd like to believe its wasn't our fault. Then I remember its not one player transfer we stuffed up----its 2!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'd like to believe its wasn't our fault. Then I remember its not one player transfer we stuffed up----its 2!

Oh definitely our fault just saying that is one of the things the club is basing it's appeal on well according to Nixon anyway 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

No way on earth should this be overturned. I can't think of any external factors that would cause us to not be able to complete the deals. Getting the players to us could be problematic, with wages and future payments being ironed out etc but we had actually achieved that. We messed up the easy part which is unforgivable, clubs up and down the country managed to get this part right on the same day.