BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

Don’t know where I stand at the moment tbh.

He speaks well. I want to believe him.

Mainly giving him the benefit of the doubt because I’d just be astonished if our board had managed to scour the footballing world and contrive to land on the one candidate with a decent enough CV who turns out to be just as hopelessly incompetent as they are.

Either it’s just our stupid luck, it’s by design, or we are merely seeing a man fighting a losing battle with the clown show down at Ewood.

Truth probably somewhere in the middle. It would be a big enough job for GB even without Venkys/Waggott in the picture.

Time will tell.

The sad thing in my opinion is that we once had total integrity as a well run club where no one would have had any problem dealing with us.
That has now been shot to pieces with the latest transfer window debacle. The football world or more specifically football in this country will only be too well aware what they now perceive to be a club run by rank amateurs.

The CEO, the Secretary and the DOF all need potting, they are not fit for purpose. 

• Like 6

We should take a holistic approach to our assessment of the Club. If one bit isn't working properly, whether it be ticket sales and prom or recruitment or the medical department or whatever, then its bound to have a knock-on effect on the rest.

The appeal process is just a convenient was of dragging this charade on hoping it will become dust under the carpet 

In Broughtons open and honest, I mean that most sincerely, statement to the fan base post appeal rejection he must give a timeline of that fateful day. Who was doing what and where and at what time.

He needs to clear the air about the external factors he alleges. I suspect that the EFL and Forest will be listening to that with interest.

I expect misdirection.

I'm still willing to give Broughton time. Like another poster has said, I feel we're in an infinitely better position structure wise than we were 3 years ago.

The debacle around the paperwork not getting done, on a human level I can understand how this was an oversight on his part. He had no reason to belive our 10 year process would fail to deliver. 

There are three glaring issues he faces now. Rovers fans have been through it all so we treat board members with scepticism. This has blown any good faith he had with the fans. Secondly clubs will undoubtedly think twice when dealing with us, especially on deadline day, which given our finances is a date we always seem to still be trying to wrap deals up on. Thirdly, and almost most importantly. JDT saying he's lost attackers and O'brien is a midfielder shows a misalignment between him and Broughton which is unacceptable if this model has any chance of working.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

You have to remember the constraints that our DoF is working under - John Williams never had such constraints. I am not saying that he wouldn't do a better job - but that the situation isn't the same as when John Williams successfully ran the club.

In fact John Williams left precisely because of those constraints. The problem is, people of his calibre don't want to work under these kinds of owners, which makes you question the calibre and motives of anyone that does. You can luck out and get high competence from someone early into the relevant stage of their career, like GB is (not saying he's good), as they still need to prove themselves at it, but it's still not much use (or at least nowhere near as much use) landing someone of quality when they have a hand, or both, tied behind their back.

• Like 2

We wouldn't say sack a striker if he missed a penalty or a goalkeeper for making a howler. This however is as bad a situation as can happen to a football club transfer wise. I don't understand how we have all these people. Chief exec, director of football and all of their staff and can't get a deal done.

Then you have some semi pro club, where Dorris the tea lady writes up the contract and gets it done. It's not like we were inundated with all sorts of comings and goings. And one hasnt gone through out of sheer lack of time. If we were interested and even if we ended up being third choice after west Brom and Sheffield united.

How much effort would it of too to have all of this written and up ready just incase he became available. None at all surely so I don't buy lack of time when the documents could've been drawn up in theory days or weeks before. 

I don't want to see anyone lose their job but if they cant do it and it's detrimental to our club they should. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I'm still willing to give Broughton time. Like another poster has said, I feel we're in an infinitely better position structure wise than we were 3 years ago.

The debacle around the paperwork not getting done, on a human level I can understand how this was an oversight on his part. He had no reason to belive our 10 year process would fail to deliver. 

There are three glaring issues he faces now. Rovers fans have been through it all so we treat board members with scepticism. This has blown any good faith he had with the fans. Secondly clubs will undoubtedly think twice when dealing with us, especially on deadline day, which given our finances is a date we always seem to still be trying to wrap deals up on. Thirdly, and almost most importantly. JDT saying he's lost attackers and O'brien is a midfielder shows a misalignment between him and Broughton which is unacceptable if this model has any chance of working.

As you say the differences of emphasis on what was actually required between JDT and Broughton is concerning. Reading between the lines JDT wasn’t too bothered about getting another midfield player, he was desperate for a striker.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why did he have no reason to doubt processes that have hardly led to a successful 10 years?

I would have thought that anyone decent at that job, would have looked at the processes in place, and recognised the potential problems with them and acted before the issue occurs, rather than after it.