BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

14 hours ago, Gav said:

Never overturned an appeal in its history I heard earlier this week, the ship has sailed and heads should roll.

What's the point sacking people? As you rightly say it's the owners where this all stems from.

45 minutes ago, toogs said:

What's the point sacking people? As you rightly say it's the owners where this all stems from.

It is the owners that are the root cause, you are correct. But the others are incompetent and poor at their jobs and should be sacked for that. Suffering the errant ones is purgatory but having to see Waggott and Broughton as the face of Rovers is excruciating.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, toogs said:

Not necessarily.

If we had a John Williams character running the club (which would require Venky’s to hire him and entrust him with the relevant authority), it wouldn’t matter who the owners were.

The UK SLT team are unfit for purpose and we shouldn’t overlook the importance of this.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, arbitro said:

What chance is there of being successful when our DoF thinks it will fail.

If it does the next email from him, Swag and Sylvester should be short and sweet.

I resign.

Why is the Director of Football being asked to resign because the Club Secretary can't complete a form correctly?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

In O'Briens case is it not because the EFL sent the his contract back asking for clarity over what the reduction in his wage would be if we got relegated which according to Nixon didn't need to be asked

I've no idea to be honest, lost track.

Didn't Nixon also claim LOB fell through cos an agents name was spelt wrong, the young lads because he didn't declare his ethnicity?

I'll just wait for the official explanation........

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why is the Director of Football being asked to resign because the Club Secretary can't complete a form correctly?

Because the reason we were so last minute trying to submit the form was because of unexpected contract problems which he hadn't foresaw which caused legal teams to have to be brought back in at the last minute. That caused a significant delay which led to rushed / incorrect forms.

And also because he came out on social media and accepted full responsibility for the cock up. Which means he is responsible. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Because the reason we were so last minute trying to submit the form was because of unexpected contract problems which he hadn't foresaw which caused legal teams to have to be brought back in at the last minute. That caused a significant delay which led to rushed / incorrect forms.

And also because he came out on social media and accepted full responsibility for the cock up. Which means he is responsible. 

Do you need a legal team to spell an agent's name correctly or confirm that a player has filled out the correct boxes on his transfer documents?

As a Director of Football you'd assume your colleagues would have that basic level of competence. That's the responsibility he's accepted - he won't assume again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

If the relegation clause thing is true, which again remains to be seen, it was unexpected because it's absolutely ridiculous and frivolous, not because it should have been expected. Those legal teams didn't think to put it in either.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Do you need a legal team to spell an agent's name correctly or confirm that a player has filled out the correct boxes on his transfer documents?

As a Director of Football you'd assume your colleagues would have that basic level of competence. That's the responsibility he's accepted - he won't assume again.

If that's what happened.

The only thing the club has confirmed, which was also reported by the media, was that we needed to bring in legal advisors late in the day and that the registration was filed late.

Hopefully on Friday after we lose the appeal Rovers will come out and give a full account of what the problems were as GB promised. 

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If that's what happened.

The only thing the club has confirmed, which was also reported by the media, was that we needed to bring in legal advisors late in the day and that the registration was filed late.

Hopefully on Friday after we lose the appeal Rovers will come out and give a full account of what the problems were as GB promised. 

Don't hold your breath 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

If the relegation clause thing is true, which again remains to be seen, it was unexpected because it's absolutely ridiculous and frivolous, not because it should have been expected. Those legal teams didn't think to put it in either.

The initial report was that we hadn't agreed a contract with the player in the event of promotion, hence the last minute legal wrangling. If that is true then that should have been expected.

However to be honest I don't believe the media leaks here tell the full picture.

What I do believe is there were other screw-ups earlier in the night leading to us being on the last minute before the club secretary had to file the documents, but he probably has then made stupid mistakes which pushed it over the 11pm deadline. 

A collective shambles.

Edited by Hasta

17 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Both Waggott and Broughton need to go. The outcome of this appeal is irrelevant to their incompetence.

I dunno about irrelevant. Pulling off the first ever successful appeal would be pretty impressive, and a bit of a vindication that the deals weren't fucked up.

Obviously Waggott needs to go anyway, he has since almost the second he stepped in the door. And there should still be questions about the failure to bring in a striker, it shouldn't gloss over that. I know there are budget issues, but we're going to need to replace Brereton in the summer, so we might as well have done it this window whilst we were a more attractive proposition in 3rd, and still had a chance of the mega jackpot of the Prem.

Ballsing up one deal you can maybe say yeah it was complex but they clearly weren't prepared to sort anything like that quickly.

Messing up two deals though that takes some doing one the other one was perfectly straight forwards. So if we had another one or two lined up as well presumably they wouldn't have gone through either ?

It's beyond words.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I dunno about irrelevant. Pulling off the first ever successful appeal would be pretty impressive, and a bit of a vindication that the deals weren't fucked up.

A lot of damage has already been done.

Tomasson is clearly unhappy with the situation. That's evident in his interviews since deadline day. If we have a Head Coach that is disillusioned with his Director of Football (and CEO) due to their incompetence and complacency, then it's clear to me that they should go.

There is also the damage that, rightly or wrongly, this has done to the club's reputation in the transfer market (should there have ever been one). It's hard enough as it is with our restricted budgets, but clubs are now going to think twice about dealing with us, particularly if those responsible are still in situ.

I felt the club had made decent strides in the past few seasons, in spite of Waggott's poor connection with the supporter base. The transfer deadline day debacle just reminded me that we are still run by people that are not competent enough for a football club looking towards promotion (be it this year, next year, or whatever the plan is). The conundrum in my mind is that our owners would just replace them with more unprofessional people, but in a normal club, these two should be fired.

As usual, nobody seems to be held accountable. I don't follow the line of forgiveness with Broughton. He's not good enough.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Andy said:

Not necessarily.

If we had a John Williams character running the club (which would require Venky’s to hire him and entrust him with the relevant authority), it wouldn’t matter who the owners were.

The UK SLT team are unfit for purpose and we shouldn’t overlook the importance of this.

I agree with you. But John Williams was employed by them at the start of their lamentable efforts at owning a club and since being forced out, 12 years later they haven’t replaced him with anyone of equal competence and show no signs of doing so. 

I’m really at the point where I have no fear about them pissing off, descending the leagues, and starting again. Because none of this is enjoyable anymore. 

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, toogs said:

I agree with you. But John Williams was employed by them at the start of their lamentable efforts at owning a club and since being forced out, 12 years later they haven’t replaced him with anyone of equal competence and show no signs of doing so. 

I’m really at the point where I have no fear about them pissing off, descending the leagues, and starting again. Because none of this is enjoyable anymore. 

You have to remember the constraints that our DoF is working under - John Williams never had such constraints. I am not saying that he wouldn't do a better job - but that the situation isn't the same as when John Williams successfully ran the club.

• Like 1