BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Given how many transfers they were able to successfully conduct in the summer, I’d say they were experts in getting deals over the line tbh….

Yes! Could you ever see us signing that number of players in a Transfer Window whatever the situation?

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Surely Nixon must have got wind of the outcome by now?

Nixon is obviously getting his line from inside the club. I'm certain we purposefully leaked a couple of details to him. 

The club are still waiting therefore he'll know nothing. Even if it's been rejected I'm sure with the appeal being over the club would handle the press release themselves.

I said this yesterday, but I'm astounded this is still ongoing, but with completely the opposite feeling to deadline day when the more time elapsed the more certain I was that it wasn't going to go through, now the more time that elapses the more hopeful I am that it will. 

• Like 1

Maybe so, but I don't understand why people get so angry about Nixon on here.

Yes, he's a bit of an old journalistic hack but no-one has to follow him on twitter and taking the piss out of others that do seems a bit childish to me.

• Like 5

Any Rovers fan who doesn't blow smoke up his rear on twitter gets blocked thats been going on a decade.  Doubt there are many left to abuse him and again it's nothing unique to Rovers fans.  Many other clubs sets of fans have him down as a major BS merchant as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Any Rovers fan who doesn't blow smoke up his rear on twitter gets blocked thats been going on a decade.  Doubt there are many left to abuse him and again it's nothing unique to Rovers fans.  Many other clubs sets of fans have him down as a major BS merchant as well.

Nixon goes through phases. And it's often pretty clear which phase he is in by the language he uses. He goes from very vague and hedging his bets to be very sure that something has happened. When he's in that mode he often has an inside line with a club or agent.

It goes with the territory of being an old school hack. He still has his uses in modern day football when a club or individual purposefully want to leak something. When they don't has to portray an illusion that he's still got his finger on the button. 

• Like 2