BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Our latest accounts have ‘match day income’ as £3.4 million, PNEs have their ‘season and match day ticket sales’ as £3.01 million.

That 300k gap being Waggots wages he needs to justify.

Wonder what the difference is in matchday expenses ?

3 hours ago, scotchrover said:

For me, season tickets should be priced based on people’s annual incomes. Apart from the Ribble Valley, East Lancs is a poor area. Obviously there would need a system put in place to avoid system abuse. As an example though: 

Less than £20k- £150 

£20k- £25k- £200

£26-£30k- £250

… and so on. 

The option of where to sit pretty much covers that.

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

9K ST's x £400  = £3.6m

14K ST's x £250 = £3.5m

I think Bolton and Preston got close to 14k ST holders so the difference, based on those averages, is negligible. 

Not every season with be £400 tho. You have factor in the amount of Children or concessions STH we sell

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

I estimate 31 new season tickets sold in the last 24 hours according to my workings out.

If everyone renewed today, we'd have 10,403 season ticket holders for next season as things stand.

Wait, what?! I don’t think we will break 10,000 ST sales, can you explain this? 

Good to see the ST sale calculator return, btw. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Wait, what?! I don’t think we will break 10,000 ST sales, can you explain this?

There's a partial explanation in my post from yesterday. Bear in mind that not everyone is going to renew.

At the moment, there are 10,403 unavailable seats. Of course, I ignore the BBE upper tier, the whole DE, and a block of 159 seats in the JW lower towards the DE, which are all marked as unavailable but obviously aren't for sale.

Yesterday, there were 10,372 unavailable seats. That's a difference of 31.

Of the 10,372 unavailable, there are something like 9,000-10,000 that represent the current season's season tickets (include half season tickets). They'll remain unavailable whether the season ticket holder has renewed or not, presumably until the "claim your seat" deadline (any idea when that is?).

If a current season ticket holder moves seats, the previous behaviour I've seen is that the old seat goes from unavailable to available, and the new seat goes from available to unavailable. In other words, no difference. So anyone renewing in a new seat shouldn't make a difference to the figures.

Therefore, the difference between the total number of unavailable seats from today and yesterday means a new season ticket holder. Bear in mind that this could also be people putting a seat in their basket and then not deciding to buy. There is no way to tell that bit, but last summer tells me that it didn't make much difference to the trend.

Hope that helps!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So the fact the club isn’t certain that we’ll hit 6k by early bird deadline says a shed load of existing ST holders haven’t renewed as yet.

Well, I suppose this is why it's slightly pointless to do any counts at the moment, but I'm confident that the figure for new season ticket holders in a 24-hour period is accurate.

What we should have been doing is rewarding the current ST holders massively for stumping up the money last summer, particularly if you recall that we didn't have a manager for a lot of it. 9,000, and getting as many of them to renew as possible, is a decent base to work from, and get a good few more thousand newbies with incentives. 12,000 would be a decent figure, but better 14,000 or more (off the top of my head).

So 16,000 home fans on Ewood today. Together with the dingles and Norwich fixtures recently we've had very healthy home numbers turning up at Ewood (granted 2 Bank Holidays and a derby game but two were on tv / evening games to boot)

I wonder what efforts the Club will be making to try and ensure as many of the 7000+ non-season ticket holders today sign up for a full season?

• Like 2

A reasonable way to sell season ticket is to put some effort in on the pitch, today was a disaster. A lot of people I spoke to after the match have decided not to renew. In fact the only ones that said they were renewing came into the OAP bracket and they were getting a cheaper deal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They are going to need a big ‘churn’ this summer (I.e. new ST holders signing up) to get anywhere near this season’s sales as it looks like big numbers won’t be renewing.

Is that from people you've spoken to, or the current sales numbers?

Both. 

The club themselves have stated they are only ‘hoping’ for 6k before the early bird deadline. So that tells me we aren’t even particularly close to 6k. So just to tread water at our present 9.3k seems a long way off at this stage.

That’s been backed up with the countless people I’ve spoken to in recent weeks saying they aren’t renewing, all anecdotal, of course, but some of them I was shocked by, they may change their minds, obviously, but worrying all the same.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Is that from people you've spoken to, or the current sales numbers?

It looks like people where I sat in NO2 part of of Blackburn end are or have renew for next season. I guess people will reassess what are they thinking right now. The club need to keep the same price all summer as it is now. 

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Both. 

The club themselves have stated they are only ‘hoping’ for 6k before the early bird deadline. So that tells me we aren’t even particularly close to 6k. So just to tread water at our present 9.3k seems a long way off at this stage.

That’s been backed up with the countless people I’ve spoken to in recent weeks saying they aren’t renewing, all anecdotal, of course, but some of them I was shocked by, they may change their minds, obviously, but worrying all the same.

Very worrying. What were their reasons?