BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

10 minutes ago, M_B said:

I don't really understand that. If my ticket was £380 this season and next year it's decided to lower it to £280,that's £100 the club has to find from other sales. 

Multiply that by 8000,and you're £800k down on next year's sales, assuming all 8000ish renew. It doesn't seem to have been factored into people's thinking that there would be a very big loss made from the regular buyers. 

I know it wouldn't equate to £800,000 because of senior/junior sales, but it would still be a big loss from the main source of income. 

I was talking about if they made the decision to revert to the early bird prices for this season not next.

Regarding making up the £800,000 you mention - this would take selling an additional 2,857 tickets (at £280).

This doesn’t seem like an unrealistic target to me, but unless we try we’re never going to know.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 3

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, Doogs said:

I don't think a few burgers here and there will make a dent in the year on year loses the club makes

That’s not what I was replying to though. Chaddy asked what could make the match day experience better- I replied better food and drink.

I said that it would be better for the club to offer better food and drink on match days. If non league clubs can offer street food and craft beers, there’s no reason that Rovers can’t.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M_B said:

I thought I'd answered that in the first paragraph, maybe read it again. 

I’ve read it all again.

You said that you and the people around you complain about people who ‘choose’ to stay away.

I’ve given you 3 examples of people who choose to stay away. People who maybe would be tempted by lower prices. All are people who used to go ‘when the going was good’ but don’t now. They are the ones you originally said you sat at Ewood and complained about. 

In the three examples I gave I just want to know, if you saw them face to face, what your complaint is?

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

A cut of their increased profits, not overall profits. A day at the football used to be a day at the football. I now go to Rovers for one thing and one thing only; to watch the match. Don’t spend a penny more than I need to.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

3 points and/or 100% commitment from the players,im`e not bothered about anything else

Thanks for reply guys. 

I think Food could be improved vastly. Plus I want to watch the dinner time kick off game. Thats I want. Music doesn't interest me as long it's not too loud where you can't hold a conservation with people..

15 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

That’s not what I was replying to though. Chaddy asked what could make the match day experience better- I replied better food and drink.

I said that it would be better for the club to offer better food and drink on match days. If non league clubs can offer street food and craft beers, there’s no reason that Rovers can’t.

I agree Rovers need to offer better food. 

6 hours ago, M_B said:

I've said time and again on here that I don't believe people who use the Venkys as an excuse. Don't try to tell me what I was thinking. 

You jumped on my comment and completely missed the use of the word "choose" . 

I’m now convinced you just having nothing between your ears. Maybe you are Steve after all?

6D780BF9-C759-4995-A714-7F0E9688E6C4.jpeg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Yes there is, they are lazy and go for the easiest option on everything mainly franchising out because they can't be arsed with the hassle for a few extra quid.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can Rovers really be blame for the poor traffic control around the ground. 

Do you think local pubs want Rovers to get a cut of their profits given that's most pubs around the area are most busier on match days and quiet most of the time

Maybe, maybe not, but I'd love to know what, if anything, Rovers had to say about the Bolton Road bus lane nonsense and the closure of multiple parking sites such as those opposite the Fox and Hounds and Empire Theatre.

My guess is they said and did nothing and the result is that now we have chaos and panic stations when there is even a chance of a 20,000 crowd,  luckily for them we don't get anywhere near 30,000 because they just couldn't cope.

Could Waggott not use the substantial bonus funds received from two good cup runs and an extraordinary number of live TV broadcasts to plug any gap caused through cheaper season tickets?

Answer - yes he could, but that would involve imaginative thinking and measures that might affect his numbers and jeopardise his bonus.

We know what is more important here - keeping him in a job and collecting PRP rather than developing or growing the club, so we will be expected to forget all about such additional income and any sell on fees that might be received.

The £70k+ per week being saved through the latest cost cuts will also help him along.

• Like 3

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,137 (+13)

Notes:

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,210), minus the amount of unavailable (sold) seats.
  • (+xx) represents the difference in season ticket sales from the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 seats in block W01 are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • 376 seats for supporters requiring ground-level font-row access are marked as unavailable (sold), but appear to be block-reserved rather than fully sold. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.

35 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Whatever lad.

I'm sure you'll be on here in a couple of years telling us all about the shit fans that won't pay £800 for a season ticket and how good value it is.

I have not called anyone shit fans. That is your thoughts..

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Could Waggott not use the substantial bonus funds received from two good cup runs and an extraordinary number of live TV broadcasts to plug any gap caused through cheaper season tickets?

Answer - yes he could, but that would involve imaginative thinking and measures that might affect his numbers and jeopardise his bonus.

We know what is more important here - keeping him in a job and collecting PRP rather than developing or growing the club, so we will be expected to forget all about such additional income and any sell on fees that might be received.

The £70k+ per week being saved through the latest cost cuts will also help him along.

What is PRP?

Edited by wilsdenrover

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

What is PRP?

Profit related pay.

It is a term used when an employee gets a bonus, based on targets (usually profits) being met. in SWAGS case it could be changed to LUST. Losses under set targets!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Exactly this.

A rare opportunity presented itself there that wouldn't affect his annual budget all thanks to JDT and the squad.

Surely a nice nod to them would have been getting a few more thousand fans, particularly in the Riverside, from the off next season.

The second perfect opportunity after league 1 promotion missed under Waggots watch, no excuse just bone idle easy street.  

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Just implied then. 

Not at all. Rovers have great supporters just like other clubs. Some have season tickets, some don't. Some go every week, others may not for many reasons. But we are all equal, and can consider ourselves not only Rovers supporters, but football supporters..