BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Priorities for the summer

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I didn’t have an opinion on sheff Utd until this season but feels like they have cheated here so I now dislike them as a club.

they nicked our top target when they didn’t have the money to pay for it, it’s fraud. Could be the difference between us and them going up. Giving them an embargo afterwards seems like a futile punishment , but hey when has the efl ever looked out or done us a favour , just really annoying 

He shouldn't really be allowed to play until SU have settled the debts for him or he should be going back to his former club.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I didn’t have an opinion on sheff Utd until this season but feels like they have cheated here so I now dislike them as a club.

they nicked our top target when they didn’t have the money to pay for it, it’s fraud. Could be the difference between us and them going up. Giving them an embargo afterwards seems like a futile punishment , but hey when has the efl ever looked out or done us a favour , just really annoying 

Yep, really frustrating. More frustrating that the EFL don't do anything effective as a punishment.

2 hours ago, phili said:

He shouldn't really be allowed to play until SU have settled the debts for him or he should be going back to his former club.

This would be an actual punishment that might make clubs think twice about doing it in future.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I'm alarmed Carter and JRC's contracts have been allowed to get to where they have given how many players we've lost for nothing in recent years.  Good to know we've learnt from our mistakes.

Both of these players would be silly not to sign new contracts with us though, they've both proven to be reliable championship squad players in recent months but they're not exciting players and I cant really see any clubs offering to pay them more than we will be offering.

Look what happened to Nyambe when he believed he was the shizzle and thought bigger clubs would be beating his door down to sign him.

7 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I'm alarmed Carter and JRC's contracts have been allowed to get to where they have given how many players we've lost for nothing in recent years.  Good to know we've learnt from our mistakes.

I can understand the JRC one as, until very recently, all the signs were that he didn’t have the quality we require - I certainly hope they’re now discussing a new contract with him as a matter of urgency.

Edited by wilsdenrover

7 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Morton is going and we're already short on first teamers there, so I agree that we'll need another option there (and ideally an upgrade on Morton). I'd say we just need the one though. We've got a difference of opinion on Buckley, but even putting that aside there'll be an expectation that A. Wharton and Garrett will become more important too, unless they get loaned out.

I agree too that we need two forwards if/when Brereton goes. I like Gally, but he's shown that when we're struggling for goals elsewhere, he can't be the main man that we rely upon. It's going to be interesting to see how we go about this. They don't necessarily both need to be prolific out and out goal scorers - getting a left sided winger a la Thomas and bringing in a goal scoring number 9 would be interesting, but one way or another this is the area that needs urgent strengthening for me.

Everything else is a bonus for me. We could well sell one of our keepers now that Pears has shown himself to be ready for first team football - so we might need a replacement there. Signing Thomas permanently is pretty important too come to think of it, but hopefully that should be straightforward given Huddersfield's problems just now. 

Oh yes my probably now infamous Buckley opinion 🙄🤣. TBH and to prove its nothing personal. I actually don't dislike him, I can see why some rate him because it feels like he could be quality. It's just witnessing it over and over the same mistakes and the same mistakes. It's all just very average. I could handle having him in the squad and playing here or there but I just got very frustrated when he seemed to be getting a free pass for not showing up or not playing well and being told he was. Like Pogba at United, you felt there was so much more but never came, how long do you wait?

I am a Gally fan too but we seem to agree he isn't the one to hang your hat, odd to say about a striker but happy to have him around to help defend a lead. He's just in the category of new breed of non scoring strikers. It will indeed be interesting to see who we target and if we can get it right next season. We are close to a very good side.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Huge summer coming up. We desperately need players who fit the style JDT wants to play. Based on 2 players per position I think we need the following:-

GK - I think we are ok if TK stays, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pears leaves and another keeper is signed. Hilton/Eastham may be sent on loan. 

RB - I think with JRC and Brittain we are well covered. 

LB - We need one to compete with Pickering as Batty may still be a year or two too young still. 

CB - Probably our strongest position. Hyam/Wharton/Carter/Phillips. He may bring in an experienced head to replace Ayala and let Phillips go out on loan. 

CM - Buckley and Travis are good Championship players. Lots of potential in Garratt and A Wharton. We still need more quality, hopefully LOB deal can be resurrected (or similar). What we don't need is another Morton/Clarkson. 

AMR - Hedges, Gally and Dolan are all squad players in that position IMO. We need a good quality RW who can create chances and score goals. Thomas looked ideal at first, but has fallen away. Someone like him with pace. 

AMC - Szmodics and Dack are good options (and Dolan/Hedges as back up). Think AMC is the position that is best covered of the front 4.

AML - BBD is off. Dolan is a an option but I think we need at least one more. 

CF - We need two. Gally is not clinical enough and I don't think Vale has shown enough quality to be an option.  

So 1 x LB, 1 x CM, 1 x AMR, 1 x AML and 2 x CF at a minimum. 

Crack on Greg!

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Huge summer coming up. We desperately need players who fit the style JDT wants to play. Based on 2 players per position I think we need the following:-

GK - I think we are ok if TK stays, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pears leaves and another keeper is signed. Hilton/Eastham may be sent on loan. 

LB - We need one to compete with Pickering as Batty may still be a year or two too young still. 

CB - Probably our strongest position. Hyam/Wharton/Carter/Phillips. He may bring in an experienced head to replace Ayala and let Phillips go out on loan. 

CM - Buckley and Travis are good Championship players. Lots of potential in Garratt and A Wharton. We still need more quality, hopefully LOB deal can be resurrected (or similar). What we don't need is another Morton/Clarkson. 

AMR - Hedges, Gally and Dolan are all squad players in that position IMO. We need a good quality RW who can create chances and score goals. Thomas looked ideal at first, but has fallen away. Someone like him with pace. 

AMC - Szmodics and Dack are good options (and Dolan/Hedges as back up). Think AMC is the position that is best covered of the front 4.

CF - We need two. Gally is not clinical enough and I don't think Vale has shown enough quality to be an option.  

Crack on Greg!

Suspect Dack will go to Sunderland on a free in summer - so we’ll need a number 10 as well. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yeah, we'd have to trigger his 1-year extension for him to stay. Unless we offer him a longer deal he may well be off. 

I can’t see us triggering his one year extension as our highest player. I only see him leaving on a free or signing a 3 year deal on reduced terms. 

8 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Crack on Greg!

To buy players who fit into JDTs system , will cost many millions £££..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Didn't realise Pukki was 33. Maybe a lucrative retirement jaunt to the Middle East awaits him?

I was thinking they'd teach our kids a thing or two and also beef up our little squad. Wages are another thing though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

He’ll be after one last payday and if Norwich with parachute payments can’t offer it, we certainly won’t be able to.

It's already been stated that he will leave Norwich at the end of the season.