BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre season 23/24

Cracking day again, no real takeaways from the game tbh, pretty much the same as last seasons game performance wise. Lovely finish from Dolan for his goal though.

You look at the facilities in the away end and you have to appreciate what we've got, and the budget Stanley are working with! That said, its still a far better choice for a pint than Ewood with the Bowland Brewery setup. Coleys is cracking though and puts the blues bar to shame, just needs a few more staff. If the Riverside ever did get developed, something similar is an absolute must to be included. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Shows you don’t need much, just folk that care.

My friend is the MD there (and a Rovers fan to boot) and he simply understands East Lancashire people and our mentality. He taps into that and the whole off the field package offers value for money.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It wasn’t great Gav. Not exactly like having teeth pulled but part way through the first game I caught myself thinking - “ If football had have been like this when I was a kid I might have concentrated on playing cricket ! “

This was after several bouts  of centre half to centre half to goalie triangular keep ball !

These early season friendlies are meaning less really. Its just a way of upping fitness and regaining  the touch after a few weeks off. 

I remember our first ever season in the Premier League, we played Accrington Stanley in a friendly didn't we?   Can't

remember the score but there was nothing happening to suggest we'd be topping the League a few weeks later!

It took me 10 minutes or the first game to remember why I hated long spells of last season and the incessant passing around the back.

Why this is a popular style of football is beyond me. 

Edited by JBiz
  • Like 7

43 minutes ago, JBiz said:

It took me 10 minutes or the first game to remember why I hated long spells of last season and the incessant passing around the back.

Why this is a popular style of football is beyond me. 

Exactly, it’s awful to watch. Lots of scary passing around in the danger areas before somebody sends a ball forward to another player further up the pitch. This player is inevitably running back towards his own goal to receive the ball. He either gets tackled  or hoofs a blind pass around the corner to no one in particular. Too much walking football. Unless you’re Bryan Douglas it’s really difficult to beat an opponent once you’re stood still.

For their first goal they banged an ale house ball out of defence onto our left flank,, Wharton had gone somewhere to buy a pie or a cup of coffee, and they score with ease. One pass and we open up like the Red Sea.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Who is Edmunson? Young lad presumably.  Must have done well for JDT to single him out. 

He came on for about twenty minutes in the second match and did fine. The two sixteen year old centre halves (Davies and Atcheson) were on the bench for both games and before each game were warming up in front of where I was sat. On each occasion Tomasson took time to speak to them both. I haven't a clue what was said but I imagine that these kids felt a million dollars that the manager had singled them out.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

So despite a certain someone on here dismissing me saying Ennis turned up in terrible shape, it's blatantly true......at least he's in good hands to whip him into shape.

Sorry Ossy, that's bs.

You were quite obviously trying to portray a lack of professionalism on the part of the two players which is blatantly untrue.

Rovers are being cautious with Ennis, nothing more

Screenshot_20230709-085423.png

• Like 2

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Sorry Ossy, that's bs.

You were quite obviously trying to portray a lack of professionalism on the part of the two players which is blatantly untrue.

Yeah, in that interview with the BBC JDT mentions issues going back to his Plymouth days. Sharpe mentioned those issue earlier in the summer too. 

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Sorry Ossy, that's bs.

No, it's not.

Jdt isn't gonna throw a player under a bus and say he's turned up in poor shape is he?

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He came on for about twenty minutes in the second match and did fine. The two sixteen year old centre halves (Davies and Atcheson) were on the bench for both games and before each game were warming up in front of where I was sat. On each occasion Tomasson took time to speak to them both. I haven't a clue what was said but I imagine that these kids felt a million dollars that the manager had singled them out.

You must have been sat near me then. I was on row D right in line with the six yard box we defended in game 1 first half. The guy who got the free shirt from the club for being first in the queue was sat right behind me.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘He came with some issues from Plymouth’ you can interpret that anyway you want. Niggles, lack of fitness, poor set up down there compared to here.

He’s actually sponsored by Kleenex and travelled up from Devon with some tissues…😉

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You must have been sat near me then. I was on row D right in line with the six yard box we defended in game 1 first half. The guy who got the free shirt from the club for being first in the queue was sat right behind me.

I was in Block D on the front row just to the right of the technical areas. I got my tickets through Accrington in the knowledge that the Rovers players would be knocking about in that area. My granddaughter got pitcures with seventeen of the players and autographs too so she was chuffed.

• Like 9