BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (H) - 19/08/2023

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Gallagher was up for the fight. Good to see.

I can also see why Ennis is decent in League ONE.

We'll see. His movement is good, so is his touch and his hold up play... he's just fluffed two very presentable chances so far. He's also scored an absolutely fantastic goal in the cup.

15 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Yup WDL.  Lower mid table looks about right with the current squad. 

Think that is fairly optimistic personally.

Waggott will be a bit happier now though that we've dropped back I to Lower mid table so happy days.

19 minutes ago, DE. said:

Really poor result, no hiding from it. Struggling against Rotherham and Hull doesn't bode well. Reinforcements desperately needed or were looking at mid table, and that may be optimistic. 

I reckon optimistic. As you say, unless reinforcements arrive. 3-4 needed - starters too.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Really disappointed in the defending for their two goals if I'm honest - really basic stuff. 

As impressed as I've been with Ennis' all-round play that's twice now he should have easily scored. His finishing is a big question mark for me. 

Looking at his record, it wasn’t spectacular in L1 which is why he shouldn’t have been brought in as our main goal threat.

JRC isn’t great defensively and Pickering has always been poor. Brittain annoyed me by getting in a good position to cross then fluffing it.

JRC should be in midfield, Dolan shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team, Leonard is a youth player, Hedges is inconsistent, Travis is frustrating and where has the Adam Wharton gone from that Blackpool match? He’s a great passer but he doesn’t show much urgency does he? He was running the show when he played last season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't worry jim.  Gregg the Egg is on the job!

Just like he was in January.

In fairness, GB did his job in identifying the right players and agreeing terms with them.

The club's total inability to then get the deals over the line was not his failing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Andy said:

In fairness, GB did his job in identifying the right players and agreeing terms with them.

The club's total inability to then get the deals over the line was not his failing.

And total lack of ambition from Waggott and his overlords.

• Like 2

Just now, booth said:

Looking at his record, it wasn’t spectacular in L1 which is why he shouldn’t have been brought in as our main goal threat.

JRC isn’t great defensively and Pickering has always been poor. Brittain annoyed me by getting in a good position to cross then fluffing it.

JRC should be in midfield, Dolan shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team, Leonard is a youth player, Hedges is inconsistent, Travis is frustrating and where has the Adam Wharton gone from that Blackpool match? He’s a great passer but he doesn’t show much urgency does he? He was running the show when he played last season.

I don't think he was brought in as our main goal threat - Waggot and co just slashed the budget after the fact. He was brought in to add depth / replace Vale.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think he was brought in as our main goal threat - Waggot and co just slashed the budget after the fact. He was brought in to add depth / replace Vale.

I know but it’s looking increasingly more likely that he will be.

Well, that's a real kick in the teeth today. It felt like it'd be a tight game against a pretty well drilled Hull side that arguably didn't deserve to lose their first game to Norwich, and were impressive last week beating Sheff. Wednesday.

However, to go ahead in the 75th minute and lose is absolutely gutting, no two ways about it. The positive is that we held our own for a long time with 10 men, and Gallagher getting a goal early into the season will help him as the senior centre forward left at the club. I'd also say that twice now Gally and Ennis have come off the bench and made an impact together. I think they 'could' be a decent partnership if they can each chip in with a few goals. Also now means Brittain gets a chance to start the next game, just a shame it won't mean moving JRC into midfield.

Seasons aren't summed up in 3 games, but this Rovers side already has the makings of mid table nearly men without some significant improvements to personnel.

The next two are looking pretty sketchy for a side that is seriously thin on quality in key attacking areas. Away at Watford and Plymouth before the international break is a worry. I'd take 2 points from those games right now!

Edited by sharpysharps86
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We'll see. His movement is good, so is his touch and his hold up play... he's just fluffed two very presentable chances so far. He's also scored an absolutely fantastic goal in the cup.

I hope that as he gets to full fitness he gets sharper in front of goal, we need him to.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't worry jim.  Gregg the Egg is on the job!

Just like he was in January.

It's almost as if it were deliberate.

Rovers being in the top 6 most of last season must have frightened him and Waggott to death

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Seasons aren't summed up in 3 games, but this Rovers side already has the makings of mid table nearly men without some significant improvements to personnel.

A win, a draw and a loss

The die is cast for the season all right.

11th place here we come and Steve and his sidekick in their jobs for another £300,000 a year 

It’s not difficult is it, we all saw last year what was needed. A better left back was up there… and here we are still. Not the first time a simple ball in the air has confused Pickering and caused a calamity, and it won’t be the last!

The manager isn’t being backed at all.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Another game where 'Pears played well' and we concede twice.

When is this Swede going to get the gloves?

I remember when he got man of the match against forest in the cup when we lost 4-1. 
Not much he can do when we let Connolly through twice. Not on him I’m afraid. 
Big fan of Hyam but he was getting turned time and time again by Delap at the start of second half. Defenders shouldn’t be letting that run through 

Just now, Crozzy said:

I remember when he got man of the match against forest in the cup when we lost 4-1. 
Not much he can do when we let Connolly through twice. Not on him I’m afraid. 
Big fan of Hyam but he was getting turned time and time again by Delap at the start of second half. Defenders shouldn’t be letting that run through 

Hyam seems to be another one that's started the season poorly. Looks a little clumsy at times now. Also people were saying he stuck his finger up at JDT during a note exchange? What's the about?