BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

1 minute ago, M_B said:

The Plymouth commentary couldn't believe their luck and were really complimentary to be fair. It must be so deflating for the team to play so well early on, but miss 2 great chances, 1 a sitter. 

In amongst the calamaties, there was some good stuff. 

The lads will be gutted but will take a lot of positives.

The league is wide open!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ossyian said:

Too many senior players who are L1 standard in that squad. Hedges,Szmodics, Dolan, Pears, Pickering S Wharton, Gallagher. Plus young kids and Adam performing like a L2 man today. Long winter ahead! Apart from that we are play off certs! I would love them all to prove otherwise btw

The trouble is, the replacements aren't good enough to replace them. GB and Tomasson are lucky to have inherited a good squad, the new signings are supposed to improve it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I suspect it's like QB in American Football. It's such a singular / pivotal position that you can't just drop the guy - politics get involved. Once he's dropped he has to be dropped for a number of games - whereas you can sub on / off every outfield player without really upsetting the apple cart.

Suspect that's the last we'll see of Pears outside of Cup games now, thank Christ. 

This is exactly how I see it. And ultimately, the final nail in the coffin was at 2-0 down when we could’ve scored 4/5, so the result isn’t really on him. Better than the mistake that gets him being in a 0-0 or costing us a win 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

Not good at all. Sounds like a case of failing to take chances and it's cost Rovers dearly. We do seem to get bullied a bit too easily by more direct sides. I didn't expect a win today because Plymouth have turned Home Park into somewhat of a fortress and they're riding the wave of last seasons success, but its still massively disappointing to lose 3 nil.

Saw the early Hedges miss and it just sums him and Rovers up perfectly. Scores a fabulous goal last match and misses a sitter in this one. Unfortunately the inconsistency within the team results = a mid table Championship side.

With positive pants on, if you'd have offered me 3 points from the last 2 I'd have taken it. I thought the best we could manage was a couple of draws from them. It's still early in the season, we'll no doubt have a good run of form as we will a bad one too. Right now we're neither here nor there, like a lot of sides.

The realist in me says its 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats from the opening 5. That's probably about right in terms of where Rovers are at.

Lets hope the international break allows the new players to bed in and give the injured players time to recover for Boro at Ewood.

• Like 1

Up to date list of players which I don’t think are currently good enough and/or have questions about: 

Pears

S. Wharton

Pickering

Tronstad 

Moran

Hedges

Gallagher

Dolan

Leonard

Bloxham 

Garrett

Gamble

Gilsnan

Sigurdsson

Ennis

Hill

Telalovic

That’s our issue. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Telalovic Is rapid…He’s going to end this toothlessness once and for all, bookmark this post! 😁

I almost feel sorry for the Lad already. So Miami hopes pinned on the young lad who hasn’t played much football at this level!

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Up to date list of players which I don’t think are currently good enough and/or have questions about: 

Pears

S. Wharton

Pickering

Tronstad 

Moran

Hedges

Gallagher

Dolan

Leonard

Bloxham 

Garrett

Gamble

Gilsnan

Sigurdsson

Ennis

Hill

Telalovic

That’s our issue. 

I agree with some but this post is as bad as your source at the club.

Where was this post after Watford?And if the above arnt good enough, where the fuck is Lewis Travis? 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I almost feel sorry for the Lad already. So Miami hopes pinned on the young lad who hasn’t played much football at this level!

GB has put a lot of pressure on him by signing him as (presumably) our main striker. That is what is needed anyway. Hopefully he can thrive under pressure.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

I agree with some but this post is as bad as your source at the club.

Where was this post after Watford?And if the above arnt good enough, where the fuck is Lewis Travis? 

I’d have posted the same after Watford. I’ve waited until after the transfer window to make an assessment and that’s my assessment. Seems bonkers to me that people have any hope whatsoever for the new striker, from what I can see he has a decent record in the German equivalent of League Two.

My eyes tell me if there was a POTY awarded right now Travis may well win it. We’ve got lots of problems and Travis isn’t high up the list. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, superniko said:

What?

He didn't say we battered them, he said we should have if we'd taken our chances. And he's right. Only one team in it till their fluke goal. And even after that we had chances that were fluffed.

Up till Pears nervous breakdown, I only saw one dangerous chance from Plymouth that their number 9 completely mishit and should have been a goal. I saw several from Rovers.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Telalovic Is rapid…He’s going to end this toothlessness once and for all, bookmark this post! 😁

Have you watched him? From what I see he’s got a decent record in the German equivalent of our league two. What makes you think he’s anywhere near up to standard? How many would Gallagher score in the Regionalliga? More than 21 is my guess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Questions about Moran?! Presumably that solely down to him being new? Absolutely nothing to suggest he won’t offer plenty so far.

I’ve seen him play one game against Harrogate Town and look good. But that’s of no real test and frankly the minimum expectation is play well. I’ve just watched him play for 90 minutes today and he didn’t look impressive. We’ll see, he has a good reputation in Ireland, but from what I’ve seen so far I have doubts. 

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’d have posted the same after Watford. I’ve waited until after the transfer window to make an assessment and that’s my assessment. Seems bonkers to me that people have any hope whatsoever for the new striker, from what I can see he has a decent record in the German equivalent of League Two.

My eyes tell me if there was a POTY awarded right now Travis may well win it. We’ve got lots of problems and Travis isn’t high up the list. 

Still a ridiculous post and clearly off the back of a frustrating result. Again I agree on some of the names but to say that you have question over Moran and not have Travis in there is a joke. You may aswell of just posted the whole squad. 

• Like 2

Watched the first hour and we should have scored 4 or 5. Some awful attempts at finishing, Hedges especially then others guilty of trying to pass it into the net instead of shooting. Take some responsibility!

looks a shit result on paper but if we had gone ahead would have been an easy win.

Get some bodies back over the break and see a good run put together next.

Edited by roverblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Have you watched him? From what I see he’s got a decent record in the German equivalent of our league two. What makes you think he’s anywhere near up to standard? How many would Gallagher score in the Regionalliga? More than 21 is my guess. 

Have you watched him? He could come good he could not. The same would be applied to Tom Cannon if he came. Your point is you have doubts, you may aswell of named the whole team! 

21 minutes ago, M_B said:

The Plymouth commentary couldn't believe their luck and were really complimentary to be fair. It must be so deflating for the team to play so well early on, but miss 2 great chances, 1 a sitter. 

In amongst the calamaties, there was some good stuff. 

If only we had a Bradley Dacks goalpoachers instinct in the squad!

• Like 1