BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

17 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

“I was disappointed to (lose) Buckley, I would rather have kept him.

“But as I understand it, we needed to get players out before players could come in. We all know it is a stretched squad and John is a good player.”

The club were keen to bring in a further signing before the window slammed shut but were unsuccessful in their efforts.

“I thought when John went away on loan, we would probably get one more player in,” the boss continued.

“It didn’t happen, I don’t know the reason for that. We all know that we need players in some positions and it is a tough league.”

says it all really. 

Unbelievable, so they committed to sending Buckley out before incoming(s) were secured??? Amateur hour @ Rovers , apparently, again.

After more than 30 yrs supporting Rovers I think I’ve actually had it. It just brings more misery than joy into my life. It’s gonna be a sh****show from here on till May ‘24. Hasta la vista, Rovers and football, it’s certainly been a ride…

• Like 8

Got to agree and you have to start asking when are we going to try and achieve something again as a football club...? Right now with the interest the owners are showing, or lack of, there is a real feeling of what's the point! 

• Like 1

Plymouth's journeymen had too much nous for our young team. It's going to happen a lot this season.

Having a thin squad with no real options from the bench doesn't help.

Lack of experience and lack of goals will see us struggle this year. Having Pears in goal doesn't help either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, philipl said:

Today settled Leo as number 1 keeper for the Boro game.

Goal 2 was preventable and goal 3 a keeping calamity.

Goal 2 was easily preventable, little more than a pass and it should have been stopped dead and not pushed out or whatever that sort of feck up is called.

Goal 3 had 3 villains but Pears coming out and then chickening out made it fatal.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we had enough chances to win the game easily,it`s the same old problem,we can`t put the ball in the net,here`s hoping siggy and telalevic will come to our rescue,hope is the word,we did`nt exactly get a goalscorer in did we greg

There is hope and there are facts.

JDT was clear that telalevic is unknown and inexperienced. Doesn't sound like he's even on JDTs list of suggestions. He's here for JDT to "develop"

Hedges let us down with that golden opportunity too

7 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

There is hope and there are facts.

JDT was clear that telalevic is unknown and inexperienced. Doesn't sound like he's even on JDTs list of suggestions. He's here for JDT to "develop"

Hedges let us down with that golden opportunity too

If JDT does not fancy him, then he doesn’t pick him. I guess that then makes him a pointless signing.

The truth of the matter is, if things are still being run in the same way that they have in the past, then he might be made to play certain players.

I keep on hoping things have changed, but it seems like they never do. 

Edited by lraC

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but the bus was mentioned AGAIN in JDT's post match interview! How long can this keep going for before something gives?

Dom Hyam came off at half time during the 3-0 defeat at Plymouth, with Scott Wharton playing the second half.

When asked about the change, Tomasson replied: “He was not feeling that well.

“I don’t know the reason for that, it could be because it has been a very busy week with a lot of travelling and sitting on the bus with air conditioning.”

• Like 2

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

Just back after a gruelling 640 mile round trip and still feeling the disappointment from a game in which we should have got something. Scoring first is usually advantageous and I really feel if we had our away one of our first half chances we would have won. But we didn't and it was almost predictable when Plymouth scored. The start of the second half was really good from a football point of view as we poured forward and created chances and half chances. To finish the game losing 3-0 left me feeling flat and if I'm totally honest a little worried. We simply have to put more of the chances away otherwise it could be a long season.

We've been saying that for three years now.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Brainfreeze said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but the bus was mentioned AGAIN in JDT's post match interview! How long can this keep going for before something gives?

Dom Hyam came off at half time during the 3-0 defeat at Plymouth, with Scott Wharton playing the second half.

When asked about the change, Tomasson replied: “He was not feeling that well.

“I don’t know the reason for that, it could be because it has been a very busy week with a lot of travelling and sitting on the bus with air conditioning.”

So the journey was too much for the team. Need to go by train then when we play Southampton if flying is too expensive.

JTD is probably thinking for the amount Waggot has invested in that bus you could go by train or fly many many times over.

That would be of far greater benefit to the team.

So in fact the new bus which probably wasn't needed has only got the ok because its been presented to India as yet another cost cutting measure, i'e no more planes or trains.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hedges - how does he do it ? It was easier to hit the target that put it as wide as that. Given his relative football ability must be the worst finisher we’ve ever had. Never mind “ Beamo “ it should be “ Hedgo “ in future.

If he could finish he would be deadly, the amount of chances he gets is incredible really.

15 hours ago, J*B said:

I’d have posted the same after Watford. I’ve waited until after the transfer window to make an assessment and that’s my assessment. Seems bonkers to me that people have any hope whatsoever for the new striker, from what I can see he has a decent record in the German equivalent of League Two.

My eyes tell me if there was a POTY awarded right now Travis may well win it. We’ve got lots of problems and Travis isn’t high up the list. 

I’m a big believer in ‘the wisdom of crowds’ and the BRFCS match ratings for yesterday’s game are conclusive. Travis is currently on 3/10. His inability to control the ball at pace or to lay it off effectively was demonstrated clearly when he lost possession three times in the first 15 minutes ……. each time we were building impressive attacking team moves.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hedges - how does he do it ? It was easier to hit the target that put it as wide as that. Given his relative football ability must be the worst finisher we’ve ever had. Never mind “ Beamo “ it should be “ Hedgo “ in future.

Had Beamo missed that chance he would have cleared the stand 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Not retreating to panic mode after that like some. The scoreline isn't really a fair reflection on the game and these days happen.

One things for certain though, it's given the manager a good reason to change the goalkeeper next time out....

The problem is these days happen to us all too often. Last season I lost count of the number of chances we created and failed to convert.

The recent transfer Window was surpposed to put that right

1 minute ago, 47er said:

The problem is these days happen to us all too often. Last season I lost count of the number of chances we created and failed to convert.

The recent transfer Window was surpposed to put that right

Maybe it will? We have a new striker and siggy yet to drop, also lard arse to get fit.