BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

2 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Many of his complaints are understandable, but some are a bit unrealistic. How many Championship teams fly to away games. That's what you get employing a Champions League winner though - high standards.

You dont have to fly to all the games but maybe the ones at the other end of the country its a good idea not having players stuck on a bus for hours on end.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Many of his complaints are understandable, but some are a bit unrealistic. How many Championship teams fly to away games. That's what you get employing a Champions League winner though - high standards.

I read Nicklas Bendtners autobiography on holiday recently and he had quite abit to say about JDT and his use of the press. I can see quite a few examples of this, I think at times whilst maybe justified there is a big difference between being a player and being a manager when speaking to the press.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The bus quotes are quite funny, but the bigger issue is Hyam. If he’s come off because he’s feeling a little bit unspecified poorly then he’s a soft bastard.

Sean Edwards got his jaw broken in the first few minutes of the Rugby League Cup Final and played the whole 80 minutes of the game.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Daylight robbery that we lost today but the same can be said about the Watford game. That's the championship for you. 

There's no doubt that the game turned on the horror miss from Hedges. Hyam going off also highlighted why it was a mistake not to sign Batth. We need experience in the team but failed to sign any at all in the window.

I didn't like the tactics today, it was all out attack from minute one which left our defence horribly exposed. One loose pass and they were running at our defence with no midfield protection. Better teams will pick us off easily if we play that open away from home. 

Asking Trav to play the role he played today is not his game. He's a warrior as he showed against Watford but he's short on technical ability higher up the pitch. JRC is more suited to that role (when he's back fit).

We need to change the "we can score more goals than you" approach as we don't have the firepower for that.

I am concerned that we are pinning our goal scoring hopes on someone who's not got any real pedigree. The odds are against him but I hope he can be our 15+ goalscorer. 

Sorry, but it's not daylight robbery when you concede three soft goals. We know we don't score many, it's easy math.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

With our tight Wad owners I'm surprised it wasn't Shanks's Pony to Plymouth!

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

Today settled Leo as number 1 keeper for the Boro game.

Goal 2 was preventable and goal 3 a keeping calamity.

The weird thing is, the centre halves seem quite okay at Pears coming charging out and "trying" to sort the problem. It has ended disastrously on many occasions, somebody needs to take ownership when those long aimless balls get hoofed up ... Not Pears!!

Overall resume of my first live game of the season:

Should have won it in the first half, crumbled, need a finisher, Dom Hyam, Adam Wharton ain't all that.

Pears poor, Trav and Gally started ok but faded, Hedges 🙄 rest decent if not great, thought Dolan tried,  Garrett just a younger Travis, 

Moran steady but anonymous.

Hope the break gives JDT the time to get the squad technically and tactically improved.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cesus said:

The weird thing is, the centre halves seem quite okay at Pears coming charging out and "trying" to sort the problem. It has ended disastrously on many occasions, somebody needs to take ownership when those long aimless balls get hoofed up ... Not Pears!!

They have to trust their goalkeeper, or else it all goes to shits. It was evident when he first replaced Kaminski that there were some issues, probably stemming from training, but it's gotten better. Today was back to step 1 though. Leo needs to start, Pears is a decent backup.

• Backroom

Can't help but note, another game where we fall behind and fail to win. How long is this going to go on for? I know we technically came back last season in the dead rubber against Millwall, but in terms of matches where it actually matters and there's a degree of actual pressure. We must be one of the worst teams, if not the worst team, in the entire EFL when it comes to gaining points from losing positions. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

They have to trust their goalkeeper, or else it all goes to shits. It was evident when he first replaced Kaminski that there were some issues, probably stemming from training, but it's gotten better. Today was back to step 1 though. Leo needs to start, Pears is a decent backup.

Somebody had to put a name on the ball, as it was they seemed to leave it to each other. Could you see that happening with Hendry, or Kevin Moran, or Keeley ?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, philipl said:

Today settled Leo as number 1 keeper for the Boro game.

Goal 2 was preventable and goal 3 a keeping calamity.

Yes, if Tomasson has been looking for a genuine reason to replace Pears, he now has at least one. The second goal wasn't a complete cock up, but the 3rd one........ 

It'll be a bit of a worry if Tomasson feels Pears should keep the gloves. 

2 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

“I was disappointed to (lose) Buckley, I would rather have kept him.

“But as I understand it, we needed to get players out before players could come in. We all know it is a stretched squad and John is a good player.”

The club were keen to bring in a further signing before the window slammed shut but were unsuccessful in their efforts.

“I thought when John went away on loan, we would probably get one more player in,” the boss continued.

“It didn’t happen, I don’t know the reason for that. We all know that we need players in some positions and it is a tough league.”

says it all really. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Just back after a gruelling 640 mile round trip and still feeling the disappointment from a game in which we should have got something. Scoring first is usually advantageous and I really feel if we had our away one of our first half chances we would have won. But we didn't and it was almost predictable when Plymouth scored. The start of the second half was really good from a football point of view as we poured forward and created chances and half chances. To finish the game losing 3-0 left me feeling flat and if I'm totally honest a little worried. We simply have to put more of the chances away otherwise it could be a long season.

Respect to you for doing the miles. You deserved better 

• Like 3