BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

Funny how in a former life on here I got hounded by the old site owners and mods  for suggesting things didn't add up haha allegedly 

Let's hope the investigations onion unlayers EVERY single alleged  dodgepot ( agents , spivs , officials at ewood) and dodgy shenanigans and everyone under the ndas spill there guts about all the rumours

Let's hope they all go to jail and each and everyone gets a dry bumming in the showers

Will they get jailed or guilty verdicts I highly doubt it .. 🤔 

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Funny how in a former life on here I got hounded by the old site owners and mods  for suggesting things didn't add up haha 😆 😉 

Let's hope the investigations onion unlayers EVERY single dodgepot ( agents , spivs , officials at ewood) and dodgy shenanigans and everyone under the ndas spill there guts.

Let's hope they all go to jail and each and everyone gets a dry bumming in the showers

Will they get jailed or guilty verdicts I highly doubt it .. 🤔 

I have been on here a long time and although I haven’t read everything you have posted, what you have said about these owners seems to be pretty accurate. 

• Like 2

I’m tempted to say hopefully this is the beginning of end but it never is. They’re like the terminator just when you riddle it with bullets, think you’ve killed it with a load of liquid nitrogen back it come.

The best outcome is maybe some comic relief with a hastily cobbled together jibberish from swag. 

What is most concerning is the stance taken by the Indian authorities that the £20 million per year that Venkys have made available to Rovers is deemed to have been 'illegal payments'. Surely someone in their organisation must have known that there was a problem in the way that the money was being paid? If the payments were sanctioned by the Venky's Board as being legitimate business expenses, then how could they suddenly have morphed into being illegal? Alternatively, if the payments were being made by the family, with their deep billionaire pockets, what business is it of anyone (including the Indian tax authorities) that Venkys want(ed) to spend their pocket money on an overseas plaything? 

Something just doesn't add up in this whole thing.

Either way, they are going to have to do something to save face, and the most logical approach would be to draw a line under the whole thing and seek to sell it on - if Reading are worth £50 million to someone, with all of their problems, surely Rovers would be seen as a reasonably attractive target?

Time for a consortium of real Rovers Fans to step forward methinks

Einstein had it right, Venksters....

Stone.jpg

One thing is for sure: the club has to communicate with the fans at some level on this.

They can't allow rumour and innuendo to rule the roost.

And a lack of communication only adds fuel to the fire that something isn't right.

Over to you, Waggott and co...

• Like 8

It was that reference to illegal payments in respect of the annual cash injection to Rovers that made me sit up. Not even an "allegedly".

As far as I am aware there have been no illegalities under Indian law in transferring the cash to VLL and onto Rovers. If in India they had been accounting for these transfers in inappropriate or illegal ways, this could be a completely different matter.

The Akon/ Balaji Birthday party was well known at the time but this is the first reference to any flow of funds going through the UK or any business related to Rovers, never mind it costing 3m! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lraC said:

I have just sent this.

Dear Steve, 

Further to my E Mail of 27/09/2023 I write to further express my concerns about the very future of our club. 

I note to date, I have not received an E Mail to my original post, but maybe that is due to the IT issues the club have recently experienced. 

The biggest reason for this follow up E Mail, is due to several articles that have appeared recently in the Indian press, an example of which, there is a link to below. 

https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/ed-seizes-immovable-properties-worth-over-rs-24-cr-of-venkateshwara-hatcheries-under-fema-provisions20231009204844/ 

When reading the bit highlighted here ED initiated an investigation in connection with the illegal remittances made by the company from 2010 to date to it's wholly owned subsidiary, named Venky's London Limited Cardiff UK.  I am filled with absolute dread. 

I wonder if you could take the time to respond to this, as I am sure, the club will need to provide the loyal fans with an update, as news like this spreads amongst the fan base. 

I guess rumours are bound to circulate about the real reason for certain recent cuts being made, in particular, the reported change of the “project” of the club and things like the closure of the Blackburn end for the recent cup fixture.

As a minimum the 'We Are The Rovers' (Rovers Trust) should be requesting a formal statement from the club.

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

It was that reference to illegal payments in respect of the annual cash injection to Rovers that made me sit up. Not even an "allegedly".

As far as I am aware there have been no illegalities under Indian law in transferring the cash to VLL and onto Rovers. If in India they had been accounting for these transfers in inappropriate or illegal ways, this could be a completely different matter.

The Akon/ Balaji Birthday party was well known at the time but this is the first reference to any flow of funds going through the UK or any business related to Rovers, never mind it costing 3m! 

Rovers seem to owe VLL £220 million, so how they now about getting that back should be interesting. If these were illegal payments, do they need to be repaid on demand and by who? 

25 minutes ago, Andy said:

One thing is for sure: the club has to communicate with the fans at some level on this.

And a lack of communication only adds fuel to the fire that something isn't right.

They couldn't organise a shag in a monkey whore house with a fistful of bananas, never mind a sensible idea like this 😄 

The club (Maggott) has always stated that it doesn't respond to speculation or rumours on transfers so don't expect to hear anything on this either. Not right of course, because fans deserve to be kept informed, but that's the way he operates. 

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wait so Rovers could have assets seized?

No, with the assets being in the UK they could only seize assets in India to a similar value. Like what happened with the house situation over here, they seized assets to the same value of the property they bought in Manchester.

46 minutes ago, philipl said:

The Hitlab thing was mentioned in the VLL accounts by someone on here a few years ago, there have been 2 investments over a few years as far as i'm aware.

It was known about though.

57 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wait so Rovers could have assets seized?

No chance - whatever alleged wrongdoing is behind this, is all taking place on the Indian sub-continent. The authorities there might insist on the asset itself being sold, though - maybe Venkys will be forced to sell Rovers to the highest bidder?? We can but hope!

1 hour ago, Andy said:

The club under Waggot has never communicated to the fans. Unless you count, "We'll look into it".

• Like 2