BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

15 hours ago, tomphil said:

We wouldn't know unless they offer him one which i doubt Waggot has even considered.

This is the man who created the walk at the end of your deal Ewood culture before a DoF came in and assumed responsibility.

They'd have discussions with him/his agent before they offer him one.  If he tells them he isn't going to sign an extension they wouldn't offer him one, and definitely wouldn't let the public knowing he had no interest in signing one. 

16 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

They'd have discussions with him/his agent before they offer him one.  If he tells them he isn't going to sign an extension they wouldn't offer him one, and definitely wouldn't let the public knowing he had no interest in signing one. 

There are players to consider both at the club and potential signings as well as an anxious fanbase and inevitable journo questions to field.

So yet again giving the impression that it isn't a future priority or he even gives a fuck isn't a good vibe at all.

His answer at least has to be that's something we'll be discussing in due course or next summer or the like.  The answer he did give leads us right to where we are here, asking why it isn't a priority to at least at some point explore the possibility of an extension even if it comes to nothing.

Imo Waggot will be happy to downgrade again to someone even rawer and cheaper i don't think for one min he'll present JDT with a contract he'd feel was worthwhile signing.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

There are players to consider both at the club and potential signings as well as an anxious fanbase and inevitable journo questions to field.

So yet again giving the impression that it isn't a future priority or he even gives a fuck isn't a good vibe at all.

His answer at least has to be that's something we'll be discussing in due course or next summer or the like.  The answer he did give leads us right to where we are here, asking why it isn't a priority to at least at some point explore the possibility of an extension even if it comes to nothing.

Imo Waggot will be happy to downgrade again to someone even rawer and cheaper i don't think for one min he'll present JDT with a contract he'd feel was worthwhile signing.

I'm pretty sure most fans are happy with JDT and I would hope that the powers that be are too, be that Waggott, the owners representatives, or the owners.

I think he has got most things right and his style of football is certainly a joy to watch, especially now that we seem to be getting more things right at both ends of the pitch.

If we simply let JDT run his contract down and go to succeed elsewhere, it would be a crying shame. If Waggott and him have fallen out (which I think is highly likely) then once again, the fans are being sold short.

They guy should be backed as much as possible and given an offer he can't refuse to extend his stay.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, lraC said:

I'm pretty sure most fans are happy with JDT and I would hope that the powers that be are too, be that Waggott, the owners representatives, or the owners.

I think he has got most things right and his style of football is certainly a joy to watch, especially now that we seem to be getting more things right at both ends of the pitch.

If we simply let JDT run his contract down and go to succeed elsewhere, it would be a crying shame. If Waggott and him have fallen out (which I think is highly likely) then once again, the fans are being sold short.

They guy should be backed as much as possible and given an offer he can't refuse to extend his stay.

Only one of them should be on his way and it isn't JDT but i fear maybe Swag will retire anyway at some point so he doesn't give a toss.

Even if not he'll just shrug his shoulders and say this coach is too ambitious for us we can't stand in his way.  That is what he and his bosses have reduced this to, they should be falling over themselves to back this lad. He is everything the Venkys have wanted since the beginning except of course he isn't a bald chancer affiliated with their 3rd party friends.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

I agree with most of that, which is why I'm saying that they'll already know JDT has no intention of signing one. Imagine the uproar if they came out and confirmed that. Giving a meaningless answer at the FF is damage limitation. 

I just don't agree they'll be happy let him walk. They'll be desperate to get him to sign. I'd imagine he's desperate to work somewhere he'll be supported. 

Just my opinion. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lraC said:

If we simply let JDT run his contract down and go to succeed elsewhere, it would be a crying shame. If Waggott and him have fallen out (which I think is highly likely) then once again, the fans are being sold short

I think all the coach related digs were a clue as to what JDT thinks of Waggott.

He kept that going for weeks.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Wasn't it Glen Mullan who said after a meeting with Waggott something along the lines of 

"No discussions have been held with JDT about a new contract - he's ambitious"

Now it might be the case that JDT wouldn't even consider signing any form of new deal under the current conditions but it doesn't exactly smack of a Club prepared to do everything within their power to keep him either. If anything exactly the opposite.

54 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wasn't it Glen Mullan who said after a meeting with Waggott something along the lines of 

"No discussions have been held with JDT about a new contract - he's ambitious"

Now it might be the case that JDT wouldn't even consider signing any form of new deal under the current conditions but it doesn't exactly smack of a Club prepared to do everything within their power to keep him either. If anything exactly the opposite.

From Waggott (in August)

‘He is a very ambitious, young head coach. He is very talented and will be sought after in the future, no doubt, so I have got to make sure that we give him the best support possible to maintain for at least the next two years of his contract.

“And who knows? We might be able to extend it further if he sees that the progress of the club is aligned with his ambitions.”

Who knows indeed 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scotchrover said:

I’ve just seen a Venky’s farming feeds (or something along those lines) tagged in a Facebook post, on the official Rovers account, by someone commenting. 

Maybe that’s a way to communicate with them? 

What did it say? I can't find anything on the web about an update. 

I’ve come to terms with this lot outlasting us all, who knows maybe not my children (grandchildren?).

Obviously what state the club is in by then is anyone’s guess; houses on Brockhall, Riverside fallen into the River Darwen, ground sharing with Stanley, but lots of ‘progression’ from the minutes on the pitch for the Category 4 academy lads fresh off dodging the dog shit at Pleasy - Goodheart will be pleased.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve come to terms with this lot outlasting us all, who knows maybe not my children (grandchildren?).

Obviously what state the club is in by then is anyone’s guess; houses on Brockhall, Riverside fallen into the River Darwen, ground sharing with Stanley, but lots of ‘progression’ from the minutes on the pitch for the Category 4 academy lads fresh off dodging the dog shit at Pleasy - Goodheart will be pleased.

Happy New Year !

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And all the 'fans'

On 29/12/2023 at 22:53, NeilInBristol said:

Please can someone update us? Desperate for some progression on these clowns leaving the club 

The next time we hear anything will probably be the next time they go to court to get clearance to send funds and that probably won't be for a while.

The Jan transfer window is looming and there are bills to be paid.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

The next time we hear anything will probably be the next time they go to court to get clearance to send funds and that probably won't be for a while.

The Jan transfer window is looming and there are bills to be paid.........

@Mike Graham said they were going to court this month - I don’t think he gave an exact date though.

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

@Mike Graham said they were going to court this month - I don’t think he gave an exact date though.

I will try and find out.  However the court application will be for another 3 months of funds for the day-to-day running of the Club (wages, hmrc, vat) not to fund any transfers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

I will try and find out.  However the court application will be for another 3 months of funds for the day-to-day running of the Club (wages, hmrc, vat) not to fund any transfers.

Have they bothered to explain to the court that money for transfers is an essential part of how a football club operates and stays in business.