BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Some were teenagers or didn’t have the money at the time. Some WERE interested and Venkys were favoured (some rightly, some wrongly).

I would be interested who these people were who was interested at the time. I am only aware of Venkys, Dan Williams, Chris Ronnie and Laurence Bassini. 

The Walkers should have kept running the club until they found the right owners. I would like to see Simon Williams and Iain Currie running Rovers under new ownership in the future 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I’ve never attributed any blame to the Walker family myself. Blackburn Rovers was Jacks passion, not the families passion and they sold the club in good faith.

These owners ticked all the boxes, had the funds, but as one poster said yesterday, you simply cannot account for them being as thick as a bar top.

Venkys out.

I do, The Walkers decide to sell and get rid the club asap to Venkys who as you said ticked all the boxes but never turned out like we hope. 

The Walker family owe Rovers fans apology for sure

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I don't blame the Walker family for selling to Venkys. On paper, they had money, human rights record was far more favorable than other owners and there was some sense in them growing their brand, especially with the South Asian population in Blackburn. 

What I do blame them for is engaging with Jerome Anderson to facilitate a sale. As soon as an agent was involved it was likely that person was getting way to deep into critical period in the clubs history. It didn't take a genuis to work out he'd be pulling the owners strings once the takeover happened. It was very naive to think he was simply doing it for a introductory/commission fee.

*Disclaimer: Happy to be corrected on the above. My memory is very hazy of those times but I'm sure he didn't just magically pop up after the club had been sold.

When Saint John Williams was elevated to Chairman he was quoted in LET as saying Tom Finn would run the club day-to-day while JW’s main responsibility was getting the club sold, which means it was him who invited the fox into the hen house, and no doubt got a healthy bonus once the sale completed. A bunch of fusty lawyers in Jersey wouldn’t have known Jerome Anderson from Gerry Anderson.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do, The Walkers decide to sell and get rid the club asap to Venkys who as you said ticked all the boxes but never turned out like we hope. 

The Walker family owe Rovers fans apology for sure

Jack sadly passed away in 2000, those rats never bought the club until 2010, it was hardly 'getting rid asap' chaddy. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

Jack sadly passed away in 2000, those rats never bought the club until 2010, it was hardly 'getting rid asap' chaddy. 

Yes Gav, I am very aware of when Uncle Jack passed away but my point being that the Walker family should have properly respected Uncle Jack's wishes and be very careful who they sold the club to. They wanted rid of it around 2009 and exactly why they enlisted the help of other people to get a sale. 

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Gav, I am very aware of when Uncle Jack passed away but my point being that the Walker family should have properly respected Uncle Jack's wishes and be very careful who they sold the club to. They wanted rid of it around 2009 and exactly why they enlisted the help of other people to get a sale. 

If (as you said earlier) Venkys ticked all the boxes, how much more careful could they have been?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I remember having some dialogue with Dan Williams around the time he was sniffing around the club.

Genuinely can't remember why it didn't work out, but he seemed a decent enough chap and was certainly interested.

5 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

When Saint John Williams was elevated to Chairman he was quoted in LET as saying Tom Finn would run the club day-to-day while JW’s main responsibility was getting the club sold, which means it was him who invited the fox into the hen house, and no doubt got a healthy bonus once the sale completed. A bunch of fusty lawyers in Jersey wouldn’t have known Jerome Anderson from Gerry Anderson.

Anderson was already well in at Ewood for some reason and it was the other fella who went on the fact finding mission in India checking out the Vs.

Can't remember his name but he was on the Trust board i think.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Anderson was already well in at Ewood for some reason and it was the other fella who went on the fact finding mission in India checking out the Vs.

I seem to remember Rothschilds had a hand in our sale somehow?

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

There was a lot seemed to have a hand in it and don't forget they'd already let a conman in the door to look at the books before that.

So the process wasn't exactly watertight i think desperation was taking over and clouding some judgement.

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There was a lot seemed to have a hand in it and don't forget they'd already let a conman in the door to look at the books before that.

So the process wasn't exactly watertight i think desperation was taking over and clouding some judgement.

Yeah, now feel like I remember someone insisting Venkys were meant to be the capital behind a buyer, but were persuaded to buy for themselves?

I might be making that up entirely though…

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

You mean David Brown who was our vice Chairman but was Walker's family representative on the board 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/7lFir706AlGcWPfKIZFesUKxFpE/appointments

58 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Correct they were hired by the Walker Trust to find a buyer

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Yeah, now feel like I remember someone insisting Venkys were meant to be the capital behind a buyer, but were persuaded to buy for themselves?

I might be making that up entirely though…

That's a theory you don't hear as much now but I remember that a lot of people were asking the question just WHO owns Blackburn Rovers.

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I think I might be mixing up because there was another Indian buyer. Ali Syad?

He was a couple of years before venkys. Can't remember exactly the name.

There was talk years ago that the money to buy Rovers was traced back to Bradford or something like that.

There's always been more questions than answers with this lot.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You mean David Brown who was our vice Chairman but was Walker's family representative on the board 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/7lFir706AlGcWPfKIZFesUKxFpE/appointments

Correct they were hired by the Walker Trust to find a buyer

Yes that was the guy i was thinking of and he spent some time over in India allegedly checking out Venkys business etc.

'Everything they touch turns to gold' i seem to recall that quote by someone.

19 minutes ago, Mike E said:

There was Syad the conman plus the IPL cricket guy was interested but didn't have the funds and he may have been the one who asked Vs to buy in. 

Then they decided to buy it themselves, although i may be wrong on that one but i'm sure there was talk of that scenario.

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yes that was the guy i was thinking of and he spent some time over in India allegedly checking out Venkys business etc.

'Everything they touch turns to gold' i seem to recall that quote by someone.

I also read he will going around the far East trying to find a buyer. 

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Ali Syed

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8396019.ali-syed-remains-committed-efforts-buy-blackburn-rovers/

https://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/11/01/ahsan-ali-syed-withdraws-blackburn-rovers-interest-after-‘insufficient-cooperation’-from-club-011101/

Plus Saurin Shah

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8215605.indian-businessman-want-buy-blackburn-rovers/

• Like 2

• Backroom
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

YES I knew I wasn’t going mad! I think Shah was the fellow who brought Benkys in as backers, and possibly a certain agent persuaded Venkys to go it alone. Something along those lines, anyway.

The rumours shall I call them about what happened are hairy.

Anderson and Huber ended up acting for the Trust desperate to find a buyer and Venkys. Double bubble fees.

Venkys were apparently not their first choice. First choice informally failed fit and proper when name was bounced off the Premier League. Then it got extremely hairy unpicking that first choice...

Talking of rumours, Sir Frank Lowey of Westfield and if that was the case the way he was "discouraged" was rumoured to be shall we say unethical.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, philipl said:

Anderson and Huber ended up acting for the Trust desperate to find a buyer and Venkys. Double bubble fees.

Venkys were apparently not their first choice. First choice informally failed fit and proper when name was bounced off the Premier League. Then it got extremely hairy unpicking that first choice...

Talking of rumours, Sir Frank Lowey of Westfield and if that was the case the way he was "discouraged" was rumoured to be shall we say unethical.

That would have been interesting if he had become our owner. Maybe the FA were scared of a man who was strong, spoke his mind and did things his way.

He can't have been any worse than what we got.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Who was first choice?