BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, Ghost7 said:

Someone in the Jack Walker started a Venky's out chant on Saturday.

The response I heard was a bewildered "Venky's Out? Where's that come from?"

It's really quite incredible. No hope for this club to do anything.

But they put money in the club.  🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Aye, but you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. It does make you wonder what on earth we ask these people to do, and whether they actually understand we are a professional football club and that perhaps it might be good to employ some players in the areas where the head coach acknowledges we have gaps...

Could do worse…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Broughton didn't. 

Didn't Broughton say he was out in Manchester ensuring O'Brien got some nosh inside him!

Incredible - Broughton should have been at Ewood or Brockhall ensuring all tickety boo as the transfer window rapidly closed in.  Feck me, it's not as though there is a shortage of eateries within a 3 mile radius of Brockhall.

With Waggott at Brum for the match it was clearly amateur hour all round on a huge scale.

This thread is feckin depressing - so we are now after a Belgian nondescript who will probably rival Ennis and Semir in the useless stakes.  Broughton and our recruitment team have much, much to answer for.  Sack the feckin lot of them.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Polky said:

Similar to Telalovic, no real first team experience at a decent level.

We’re banking on JDT to work his magic and turn them into a championship player. 

We need players who can make an impact immediately, or we’ll slowly fall down the table and into league one.

He must have something about him if Anderlecht are keeping tabs. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

As much of a shambles as we are at the moment I refuse to believe that we've fallen to the level of signing players from the Belgian third division 

Does anyone know how that compares to the division Telalovic came from?

9 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I know 😁

What I meant was how does the standard of the Belgian 3rd compare to that of the  German 4th?

Fair to say Belgian 3rd tier not as good as League 1 in England?

I've no idea, I don't think anyone realised these Leagues even existed before now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He must have something about him if Anderlecht are keeping tabs. 

If he was a gamble signing - with 4 or 5 solid signings to get us out of our current mess - I would actually congratulate the recruitment dept for thinking outside the box. But as with Telovic - fear is that he will be paraded as a maquee signing rather than one for the future - and then no one else will follow.

• Like 3

I still find it baffling that people believe that the O'Brien deal was ever going to be allowed to go through.

I don't care what Broughton or JDT say or what people have been told, take a step back and look at all the transfer business this club has conducted over the last 3 years.

From all the big wage earners being sold/released (Diaz, Dack, Ayala, soon to be Gallagher), to no new contracts to valuable players because they would cost too much (Lenihan, Rothwell), to Indian authorities blocking funding, to a policy of relying on the academy wherever and whenever possible, to not signing anyone outside of the age parameters and wage budget.

I'm not sure where signing O'Brien on a substantial deal fits among all that or indeed if it was a complete balls up by the people at Ewood why they haven't been sacked, or why the finances for that deal have vanished rather than been allowed back into the kitty.

I think it is safe to say that one needs filing under 'con job'. I don't doubt Broughton did the hard yards and got the deal lined up, I don't doubt the player himself was happy to come and play for a promotion chasing team under an ambitious manager, but as with the Lambert era what was printed on the packaging wasn't what was inside the tin and JDT and Broughton were made to look like fools by people higher up the 'chain'.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I still find it baffling that people believe that the O'Brien deal was ever going to be allowed to go through.

I don't care what Broughton or JDT say or what people have been told, take a step back and look at all the transfer business this club has conducted over the last 3 years.

From all the big wage earners being sold/released (Diaz, Dack, Ayala, soon to be Gallagher), to no new contracts to valuable players because they would cost too much (Lenihan, Rothwell), to Indian authorities blocking funding, to a policy of relying on the academy wherever and whenever possible, to not signing anyone outside of the age parameters and wage budget.

I'm not sure where signing O'Brien on a substantial deal fits among all that or indeed if it was a complete balls up by the people at Ewood why they haven't been sacked, or why the finances for that deal have vanished rather than been allowed back into the kitty.

I think it is safe to say that one needs filing under 'con job'. I don't doubt Broughton did the hard yards and got the deal lined up, I don't doubt the player himself was happy to come and play for a promotion chasing team under an ambitious manager, but as with the Lambert era what was printed on the packaging wasn't what was inside the tin and JDT and Broughton were made to look like fools by people higher up the 'chain'.

I know everyone likes to blame the owners for everything (and recently with good reason) but this is one conspiracy theory that doesn't make sense.

Why would Broughton take this deal right up to the dotting the i's and crossing the t's stage without seeking authorisation to go ahead in the first place?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know everyone likes to blame the owners for everything (and recently with good reason) but this is one conspiracy theory that doesn't make sense.

Why would Broughton take this deal right up to the dotting the i's and crossing the t's stage without seeking authorisation to go ahead in the first place?

"Recently"....and the last 13 years? lol

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I get the Venkys suspicion in general but didn’t the club also fork out to take the case to appeal twice? Why on earth would they then bother blowing money on that if they were already so keen to save the money from the deal? They could have just not bothered…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

I get the Venkys suspicion in general but didn’t the club also fork out to take the case to appeal twice? Why on earth would they then bother blowing money on that if they were already so keen to save the money from the deal? They could have just not bothered…

Exactly.

23 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Because if you wait for go ahead from india just to change the effing curtains in the board room...the transfer window would be shut ..let alone a transfer ...so the MO is do everything including putting a X on where to sign ...then shove the documents in a bottle , throw it out in the INDIAN SEA and hope the ROYAL asses have thier servents pick it up and put it on a GOLD PLATTER exactly between the time they shit and someone is getting ready to wipe their fat ass to sign ...miss this window ...START ALL OVER AGAIN on different player 

That's our transfer process approval in a nutshell in my opinion 

Edited by miqaayil
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, miqaayil said:

Because if you wait for go ahead from india just to change the effing curtains in the board room...the transfer window would be shut ..let alone a transfer ...so the MO is do everything including putting a X on where to sign ...then shove the documents in a bottle , throw it out in the INDIAN SEA and hope the ROYAL asses have thier servents pick it up and put it on a GOLD PLATTER exactly between the time they shit and someone is getting ready to wipe their fat ass to sign ...miss this window ...START ALL OVER AGAIN on different player 

Yeah - whatever - aren't you the guy who thinks the stories about the restrictions and having to go to Court to release funds are all fabricated?

19 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

OPTICS