BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

10 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

OPTICS

They don't care what the fans think .Appeasing the support base is at the bottom of their priorities,as evidenced throughout their ownership.

No way are they agreeing to pay costs for an appeal if the whole O'Brien and Brierely saga was a farce 

I don't blame Broughton for the summer window as he can't turn water into wine his budget shocking or specifically for the O'Brien deal failing as a dof shouldn't need to be stood over admin ensuring the documents were in order but last January imo there was a bit of money to play with and to pay the wages of a decent loan  and we got nobody of note in so that is a big black mark against his capabilities 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, miqaayil said:

Not fabricated ...arranged in a specific order

I don't understand what that's supposed to mean.

I can't see why Venky's would invent a series of events which paint them in a desperately poor light and which involve them having committed acts of illegality.

They could just say "We're not prepared to put in the same level of funding anymore"

Didn't Mike Graham reproduce Court pleadings which related to the finances?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

I get the Venkys suspicion in general but didn’t the club also fork out to take the case to appeal twice? Why on earth would they then bother blowing money on that if they were already so keen to save the money from the deal? They could have just not bothered…

When the facts from the Appeal Commission came out several current Rovers employees were found culpable and negligible. Rovers were almost ridiculed in the report. Yet these people who were criticised are all still employed in their highly paid jobs after the embarrassment they heaped on the club. And the owners did and still haven't done anything about it.

There is a real smell about it.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

When the facts from the Appeal Commission came out several current Rovers employees were found culpable and negligible. Rovers were almost ridiculed in the report. Yet these people who were criticised are all still employed in their highly paid jobs after the embarrassment they heaped on the club. And the owners did and still haven't done anything about it.

There is a real smell about it.

Did we miss that Appeal Commission report?

Who was found culpable and negligible?

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I can't see why Venky's would invent a series of events which paint them in a desperately poor light and which involve them having committed acts of illegality.

They could just say "We're not prepared to put in the same level of funding anymore"

Simple question ... Let's say ure running a business empire ...vested in different business across the globe with subsidiaries having subsidiaries ...and one business is in dire need of funding , would you site a court case and strangle it further or arrange through your subsidiaries funding or find a possible temporary sell of shares solution to a 3rd party for funding or get a interim stay order which is very very common. 

Again in my view we're facing death by thousand cuts ...and i'm praying to god i'm wrong ...and i cited the snowball and protest to be the tipping point...AGAIN as a supporter i pray this is all my imagination 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

There was a comprehensive report issued outlining all the facts and laying the blame solely at Rovers door. Several of the current regime were name checked and criticised.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

There was a comprehensive report issued outlining all the facts and laying the blame solely at Rovers door. Several of the current regime were name checked and criticised.

I don't remember that at all.

Who was name checked and criticised or do you have a link to it?

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You often praise the owners for their "level of funding." Do you not acknowledge that they merely do what is common practice as a non parachute payment club in the Championship? They pay out more than they can generate in as a business therefore the owners have to offset the money they have spent (via loans or raising shares) merely to remain a going concern. And thats its not a reason for regular praise hence why other clubs and their owners dont get praised for doing likewise.

Over a number of years leading to what we have today, the owners have spent very little in terms of actually allowing the team to be improved. No fee above 2m on a player spent since 2019 and opportunities even to sell to generate reinvestment opportunites blocked.

4 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

Simple question ... Let's say ure running a business empire ...vested in different business across the globe with subsidiaries having subsidiaries ...and one business is in dire need of funding , would you site a court case and strangle it further or arrange through your subsidiaries funding or find a possible temporary sell of shares solution to a 3rd party for funding or get a interim stay order which is very very common. 

Again in my view we're facing death by thousand cuts ...and i'm praying to god i'm wrong ...and i cited the snowball and protest to be the tipping point...AGAIN as a supporter i pray this is all my imagination 

I'm still not really sure what you're on about, I'm fairly sure the Venky's haven't "set up" these Court proceedings it looks like they've been foisted upon them.

As regards funding Rovers from one of their other entities outside India, I'm really not sure about the legality or otherwise of that. Isn't funneling money where it shouldn't be going the very reason why they attracted the attention of the authorities in the first place?

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't remember that at all.

Who was name checked and criticised or do you have a link to it?

I have found the report but I don't know how to copy it.

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have found the report but I don't know how to copy it.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-legacy-media-assets.gc.eflservices.co.uk/contentassets/2360941774f04705bf2c384b511bca04/230228---blackburn-rovers-v-efl---decision.pdf

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You often praise the owners for their "level of funding." Do you not acknowledge that they merely do what is common practice as a non parachute payment club in the Championship? They pay out more than they can generate in as a business therefore the owners have to offset the money they have spent (via loans or raising shares) merely to remain a going concern. And thats its not a reason for regular praise hence why other clubs and their owners dont get praised for doing likewise.

Over a number of years leading to what we have today, the owners have spent very little in terms of actually allowing the team to be improved. No fee above 2m on a player spent since 2019 and opportunities even to sell to generate reinvestment opportunites blocked.

Not sure if they need "praising" for it as it's them who's created that level of loss in the first place by allowing incompetents to run the gaffe and allowing  money to be consistently wasted like water over the years.

However I can't see the harm in acknowledging the level of contribution over the years. Whether it be £15m or £20m p.a. that's a hell of a lot of money to me. If you dont think that's a lot, that's up to you.

If they'd been putting less in over the years also presumably we wouldn't have been able to run as big a wage bill and wouldnt have been as competitive. I think we're seeing that now when in addition to the Court proceedings the tax laws have allegedly changed to our detriment.

So I see it more as their contribution as to be acknowledged rather than praised If they'd employed better people over the years and achieved a lot more success on the pitch for the same financial input then that would have been praiseworthy.

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm still not really sure what you're on about, I'm fairly sure the Venky's haven't "set up" these Court proceedings it looks like they've been foisted upon them.

As regards funding Rovers from one of their other entities outside India, I'm really not sure about the legality or otherwise of that. Isn't funneling money where it shouldn't be going the very reason why they attracted the attention of the authorities in the first place?

In my opinion these court proceedings are a dime a many for large cooperation and it's bread and butter of corporate lawyers , probably motivated for different outcome but ROVERS suffer for it and convincingly used as a reason to strangle the life out of us supporters. 

Again this is all my personal view

I joked about signing Telalovic from the German power league at soccer Dome but at least he had some illusion of pedigree from Borussia Monchengladbach (sp?) 

If we sign this lad from Belgium I'm going to start bringing my boots to Ewood on the off chance 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure if they need "praising" for it as it's them who's created that level of loss in the first place by allowing incompetents to run the gaffe and allowing  money to be consistently wasted like water over the years.

However I can't see the harm in acknowledging the level of contribution over the years. Whether it be £15m or £20m p.a. that's a hell of a lot of money to me. If you dont think that's a lot, that's up to you.

If they'd been putting less in over the years also presumably we wouldn't have been able to run as big a wage bill and wouldnt have been as competitive. I think we're seeing that now when in addition to the Court proceedings the tax laws have allegedly changed to our detriment.

So I see it more as their contribution as to be acknowledged rather than praised If they'd employed better people over the years and achieved a lot more success on the pitch for the same financial input then that would have been praiseworthy.

And you logically belief they repeatedly do this gaffes and continuously employ and keep guys who are producing these gaffes and reward them ...and still manage to run every other business successfully without such detrimental gaffes ...if you do ...

GOD BLESS 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

And you logically belief they repeatedly do this gaffes and continuously employ and keep guys who are producing these gaffes and reward them ...and still manage to run every other business successfully without such detrimental gaffes ...if you do ...

GOD BLESS 

Is this definitely the case?

Not ITK but suspect Omar Rekik might be on the way to a Championship Club. Highly rated, just returned to Arsenal from a loan at Wigan, played well at Ewood last season for them. Couple of injury issues recently have meant he hasn’t played that much for Wigan this season. Could do a lot worse.

18 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Fascinating. Thank you.

The main  things I took from that is that there's a 15 minute Lee way period if you submit a quick application until 23.15 and the Club STILL couldn't submit the documents on time.

Incompetence on a stunning level.

Also when we received LOB's signed loan agreement back at 23.15 if we'd submitted it to the EFL instantly we might have got away with it but didn't submit it until 23.28.

Unbelievable Jeff.

• Like 2