BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 21/10/2023

11 hours ago, rigger said:

The big question is, which is the normal form for Dolan. The exciting player, or the no end product one. I think the norm for Dolan, is the no end product one. 

I think there is no norm from Dolan which is the frustrating part. He will do something every half dozen games or so that is why he is here not a premiership club. There are plenty of players do that. The problem is that over time people will remember the good points not the bad and they will become  better players then they actually were.

2 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I think there is no norm from Dolan which is the frustrating part. He will do something every half dozen games or so that is why he is here not a premiership club. There are plenty of players do that. The problem is that over time people will remember the good points not the bad and they will become  better players then they actually were.

In my opinion being up to standard once every half dozen games, is not good enough for any professional .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If that’s the case, surely that means the standard of the league he’s playing in is too high for him, not that he isn’t up to being a professional footballer.

Players eventually find their level.

So what in your opinion is Dolans level ?

Tough one, as there is ability there, but his lack of pace and decision making let him down.

However, as fans we are often harsher on our own players as we see them every week, i.e. we’ve generally no idea how some Championship journeyman at Bristol City or wherever is performing every week in comparison. There’s a lot of mediocre players in this division getting a game.

But in the medium term, wouldn’t surprise me to see him in League 1.

Edited by Mattyblue

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Tough one, as there is ability there, but his lack of pace and decision making let him down.

However, as fans we are often harsher on our own players as we see them every week, i.e. we’ve generally no idea how some Championship journeyman at Bristol City or wherever is performing every week in comparison. There’s a lot of mediocre players in this division getting a game.

But in the medium term, wouldn’t surprise me to see him in League 1.

I cant see any club paying a fee for Dolan. So for me his level will be decided by his wage demands