BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 21/10/2023

Hell of a selection headache for JDT assuming we don't pick up any injuries over the international break. I'd say there are five players which are pretty certain to keep their places from QPR - Leo, the centre backs, Szmodics and Sigurdsson. 

Nobody else is a shoe in as far as I can see, especially with Wharton hopefully coming back and Ennis having another two weeks on the training ground. 

• Like 1

Think JDT somehow needs to find a place for Brittain, JRC and Hill, as all three need to be in the starting line up for me

Factor in Tronstadt looking like he's now up to the pace of the championship, Travis and Wharton competing for the midfield and it's going to be a nice headache for the manager 

We can't afford complacency for this fixture. Cardiff will be a different proposition to the side that got walloped in the Carabao, that is for sure. It is a pity that the international break mitigates against any kind of momentum building, though it also gives JDT longer on the training pitch to suss his best approach.

If we can keep a tighter defence, I'd expect us to win, but probably not by an avalanche. It's fine margins in this division, and nothing can be taken for granted, other than us being owned by weirdos with a penchant for flaky local administration.

Weirdos and Waggoons Out!

Rovers 2 (Siggy, 23 mins / Sammie 54 mins) Cardiff 1 (whoever, whenever, whatever)

If all goes well and nobody comes back injured during internationals then I'd be interested in seeing this starting 11 vs Cardiff.

Wahlstedt

Hill     Carter    Hyam    Pickering

JRC     Tronstad

Brittain    Szmodics    Sigurdsson

Ennis

Cardiff have started well this season. They won't be easy opponents, but it's a game we simply must get a win from to build on the QPR win.

Wahlstedt

Brittain Hill Hyam Pickering

Tronstad Rankin Costello

Dolan Szmodics Sigurdsson

Ennis

Would like to see Hill at CB with Carter who has been poor dropping out, and also a natural striker with Dolan (who deserves to stay in) taking that problem position on the right,

Adam Wharton (if fit) is the one reluctant absentee. Him or Tronstad is the most difficult choice, happy with either but again opted personally to keep Tronstad in.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Quite a revealing interview with Dolan here.

Maybe things going on in his life we're unaware of, which has affected his form. Nobody knows, but just maybe he's coming out the other side now.

https://fb.watch/nzD-l9h1IQ/

We won't know but Im presuming a lot of it is to do with changing agents and not agreeing to a new contract.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

We have to follow up the QPR away win with another 3 points.

Wouldn't change the defence, looks like Hill can make RB his own.
Possibly Brittain in at LB.

If we have no fit striker again, I'd push Szmodics into the false 9 again and play Wharton a bit further up the pitch.

JRC and Tronstad playing deeper.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

If we have no fit striker again, I'd push Szmodics into the false 9 again and play Wharton a bit further up the pitch.

Who would you drop for Wharton ?

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Szmodics as a false 9 neutralises our top scorer, and Wharton further forward stops him from being able to dictate games from deep.

Ennis is fit and Leonard should be back, even failing that as much as I dont rate him there in general, Dolan did well there on Saturday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I would play...

Leo

Hill, Carter, Hyam, Brittain

JRC, Tronstad, Wharton

Szmodics Sigurdsson

Ennis

Cant really see how Ennis gets ahead of Dolan or Pickering gets dropped. Only real potential change imo is maybe Brittain ahead of Markanday. Otherwise pretty certain it will be exactly the same no matter how fit Wharton or Ennis are.

Theyll need to come off the bench and make waves to get a starting spot.

• Like 2

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Cardiff City (h) - 21/10/2023
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic
12 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I know we are at home but I would set up exactly the same way as we did at QPR. 

We had a decent bench there so could change things quickly if jdts plans were not working. 

No one deserves to be dropped from the QPR game unless injured of course. 

Agreed, I haven't seen a selection that involves Markanday yet, I thought he was unfortunate to be subbed after being involved in both goals.Same again for me as well. 

• Like 1