BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 21/10/2023

25 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Thanks for all your well wishes.  My heart is broken in two. I lived with her my whole life.  Losing my dad was shattering but losing my mum so soon Is 10 times that.  They say you only ever get one mother, that couldn't be truer. I hope time mends my heart slightly. I held her hand at her last breath.  An image that  will stay with me forever

Carbon copy of my life pal, My dad died of cancer and I stayed at home to look after my mum till I was well in my forties. When mum died my life ended for about a year. You will come to accept it in time, all the best for the future.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Carbon copy of my life pal, My dad died of cancer and I stayed at home to look after my mum till I was well in my forties. When mum died my life ended for about a year. You will come to accept it in time, all the best for the future.

Thanks rovers. Hope u are doing ok

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Thanks atko

I lost my mum nearly 3 years ago, having barely seen her for a year prior due to covid. She had dementia so had no idea who we were by then. 

I missed her passing moment; we'd been allowed to be with her for 24 hours, I went to freshen up at dad's & answer a couple of urgent work emails re a trial the next day. I'd only been gone 10 mins when my brother called me & said she'd passed. I got straight back in the car in floods.

Be sure to treasure that moment you had as she breathed her last; I kick myself daily for missing it due to stupid work.  It'll never not be a painful memory I'm sure, but it can be a source of strength forever.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I lost my mum nearly 3 years ago, having barely seen her for a year prior due to covid. She had dementia so had no idea who we were by then. 

I missed her passing moment; we'd been allowed to be with her for 24 hours, I went to freshen up at dad's & answer a couple of urgent work emails re a trial the next day. I'd only been gone 10 mins when my brother called me & said she'd passed. I got straight back in the car in floods.

Be sure to treasure that moment you had as she breathed her last; I kick myself daily for missing it due to stupid work.  It'll never not be a painful memory I'm sure, but it can be a source of strength forever.

I missed my dad's passing as I had spent 18 hours with him then went home to have a shower.  Got the message he hadpassed.  I'm glad I was there for my mum. Sorry for your loss

35 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I missed my dad's passing as I had spent 18 hours with him then went home to have a shower.  Got the message he hadpassed.  I'm glad I was there for my mum. Sorry for your loss

Wow, parents know how to pull our strings sometimes don't they?!

Be strong. You can always come on here if you need cheering up... 🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Wow, parents know how to pull our strings sometimes don't they?!

Be strong. You can always come on here if you need cheering up... 🤔

I like to think when someone is about to pass they hold on for as long as possible till family is there. Sometimes they can't quite hold on long enough 

Need to Get Brittain and JRC in the same team, wouldnt be against Callum at LB. because Pickering hasnt been great as of right now. But a natural left back will be chosen. 

We're a better team without travis in the squad, who is awful in the box to box role compared to Garrett, JRC and Wharton. Maybe Szmodics as the 8. Tronstad Holding and Wharton with Sonny as the double pivot, gives another Goalscoer a chance to play, Maybe, Ennis or Telalovic. Good thing we have depth across the front, and middle line, just would like a couple of defensive reinforcements, like at LB and Centre Half to replace Scott Wharton

Personally, i would go for a flat back 4 of Brittain Hill Hyam and Pickering, obviouly the full  backs inverted. a double pivot of JRC and Wharton, Szmodics as the number 8. Siggy Left, Moran right and Ennis/Telalovic leading the line