BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Southampton (a) - 16/12/23

Very disappointed result but lets not over reacted to the fact that Southampton squad is the best in the league for me and we have several injuries to players who would have started like Hyam, Hedges, JRC for example. If we had kept a 0-0 until half time then who knows what would have happened. 

I do not feel that this squad is anywhere near as bad some people think it is and I do feel that we will be nowhere near the bottom 3 come end of the season. Top Half at worst for me. We aren't far of playoff place as I see 5th and 6th place up for grabs for most teams in this league. 

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

'Lack of ambition' is Rovers in a nutshell. The CEO preaches it.

Only one answer and we all know what that is. New owners

The problem is Rovers revenue stream over the years isn't good enough like match day prices, more Tickets sold, Sponsorship income, lack of sponsors at Rovers now etc. This come back to Owners and CEO having no commercial background. 

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tells you quite a lot when a goalkeeper is at fault for the first and spills a shot leading to the 4th and yet still gets man of the match.

I didn't see the first and fourth that way.

Will have to watch the replays but I am sure the first was the fault of whoever should have been covering the front post.

The ball reached the player in front of Wahlstedt at knee height.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, philipl said:

I didn't see the first and fourth that way.

Will have to watch the replays but I am sure the first was the fault of whoever should have been covering the front post.

The ball reached the player in front of Wahlstedt at knee height.

I don't know any way you could look at the first goal and come to the conclusion that the keeper isn't at fault. 

6 hours ago, rigger said:

At the age of 64 I am more concerned about what is happening on the pitch, as that is what I am paying for.

You're paying for all of it Rigger, from enjoying a goal scored to Waggott's ineptitude, and not just in money. I feel like I've wasted 13 years hoping that they'd either come to their senses or give up and go.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

I don't know any way you could look at the first goal and come to the conclusion that the keeper isn't at fault. 

I think the conclusion is that the keeper isn't the only one at fault for the first goal. Another pertinant question is, at training do we practice defending corners, or would that interfere with the game of tippy-tappy

Edited by rigger

7 hours ago, booth said:

If you can't see that our real issues are off the pitch, then that's on you.

Which benched forward makes a difference in yesterdays match?

How the feck do you know when they are welded to the bench at the start whilst Smods runs himself silly and Brittain looks like hes never played before.

Meanwhile 4 year contract Ennis who got 45 under his belt recently and at least carries a bit of presence collects splinters again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

How the feck do you know when they are welded to the bench at the start whilst Smods runs himself silly and Brittain looks like hes never played before.

Meanwhile 4 year contract Ennis who got 45 under his belt recently and at least carries a bit of presence collects splinters again.

You could have just said, Ennis.

Keeper at fault for being blocked off but not for being central in his goal. Fault for the first was entirely the first man allowing a dropping low ball past him. He should have stepped forward to put it out for a second corner rather than be where he was with a choice between og and hoping people behind him could clear.