BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

27 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Window is a few weeks out, here's what i'd consider a good and semi-realistic window;

IN
John Ruddy - Free        
James Hill - 2m (?)
Ben Chrisene - Loan to buy    
Yasin Ayari - Loan
Herbie Kane - Free    
Siriki Dembele - 1.4m    
Josh Bowler - Free
Duncan McGuire - 2.4m    
Aaron Connolly - Free

OUT
Gallagher - 1m
Szmodics - 12m
Wahlstedt - Loan
Telalovic - Loan
Garrett - Loan

Seems unlikely they'd spend that much (~6m) atm but if they sell Gally and Szmodics I think it becomes more possible. Some pricey frees in there too I guess, but would massively improve the squad that's for sure.

Would also like to see a better keeper bought, but feels certain that they're getting Ruddy and that's that.

Kane and Connolly would certainly be decent options if we could bring them here. Kane has always been highly regarded from his Liverpool days. appeared to have gone off the boil but 9 goals from midfield in League 1 last season. Barnsley won’t be happy about loosing him on a free after paying a million plus for him a few years ago.

Not sure  Connolly has the best goal scoring record in the championship but far better than anything we have and generally works the line really well when he’s played against us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

Kane and Connolly would certainly be decent options if we could bring them here. Kane has always been highly regarded from his Liverpool days. appeared to have gone off the boil but 9 goals from midfield in League 1 last season. Barnsley won’t be happy about loosing him on a free after paying a million plus for him a few years ago.

Not sure  Connolly has the best goal scoring record in the championship but far better than anything we have and generally works the line really well when he’s played against us.

Connolly would be an improvement on Gally without a doubt.

• Like 1

In the report this morning its said that Eustace wants to bring some experience heads in...John Ruddy, despite being shot down by Jackson, surely is a given and then we can loan out Leo.

Dembele (either of them) would be great signings. 

34 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Window is a few weeks out, here's what i'd consider a good and semi-realistic window;

IN
John Ruddy - Free        
James Hill - 2m (?)
Ben Chrisene - Loan to buy    
Yasin Ayari - Loan
Herbie Kane - Free    
Siriki Dembele - 1.4m    
Josh Bowler - Free
Duncan McGuire - 2.4m    
Aaron Connolly - Free

OUT
Gallagher - 1m
Szmodics - 12m
Wahlstedt - Loan
Telalovic - Loan
Garrett - Loan

Seems unlikely they'd spend that much (~6m) atm but if they sell Gally and Szmodics I think it becomes more possible. Some pricey frees in there too I guess, but would massively improve the squad that's for sure.

Would also like to see a better keeper bought, but feels certain that they're getting Ruddy and that's that.

I’d agree with most of the incomings. Connolly seems damaged goods though. Bit overweight, plenty of stories about of him doing stupid things in his personal life. Avoid for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

Would Siriki Dembele be a good singing? Didn't he get left out of a poor Brum side? 

If he can be snapped up for around 1.5m then absolutely.

He's fast, skilful and dangerous in front of goal. Under the right manager, there's a fantastic player in there.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Neal said:

Would Siriki Dembele be a good singing? Didn't he get left out of a poor Brum side? 

I rather have Miyoshi and I think he would someone I would deffo look to sign whether we sell Szmodics or not

4 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

If he can be snapped up for around 1.5m then absolutely.

He's fast, skilful and dangerous in front of goal. Under the right manager, there's a fantastic player in there.

And he is certainly miles better than our current “wingers”….

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Looks like he was dropped from when Rowatt took over…I doubt that was because he isn’t good enough. 

His goal record is shit and didn't he spend time on the bench at Peterborough and Bournemouth?

We need players who can contribute goals and assists.Dembele strikes me as a highlight player gets the crowd off their feet with a bit of pace and trickery but minimal end product.His wage will be on the high side aswell

• Like 1

I don't think Dembele is particularly quick either. He's got a tricky way about him that creates space but I've never watched him and thought he's a noticeably fast player... Someone may prove me wrong. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

His goal record is shit and didn't he spend time on the bench at Peterborough and Bournemouth?

We need players who can contribute goals and assists.Dembele strikes me as a highlight player gets the crowd off their feet with a bit of pace and trickery but minimal end product.His wage will be on the high side aswell

We all want players who can contribute but we also need players who are direct…Name one moment any of our attackers ran at a full back and beat them? Never happened and the last person we had who even attempted that was Rothwell and my god we miss him.

Let dembele do all the “highlighting” and leave it to our other signings to get the goals - he has the ability a lot of our players don’t have. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

22 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He seems to me like a Sorba Thomas but without the delivery 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Miyoshi is becoming the new Rhys Healey.

The players mentioned tend to be the same few, both Dembele's and Rak Sakyi on a repeat.

It's cut and paste every transfer window. Player x gets linked. People get excited. Player x doesn't arrive and probably wasn't even an option. Next window arrives... What about player x?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Miyoshi is becoming the new Rhys Healey.

The players mentioned tend to be the same few, both Dembele's and Rak Sakyi on a repeat.

Well maybe if Rovers have recruited these players might be we would be much better off. I can give you list of potential signings I believe would improve our squad and add quality to us. 

Edited by chaddyrovers