BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

44 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

If we do sign anyone they'll be free and they'll probably be absolutely gash.

Would imagine this will be the start of the shopping list

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB3 (League 1 players out of contract in the summer)

With the hope that may never materialise of moving up to some of these (not the ones from Leicester, Southampton etc, don't get too excited)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2 (Champiosnhip players out of contract in the summer)

Add one or 2 Scandinavian freebees before a mad dash for Prem youngsters on loan in the last week of the window

Edit - I feel quite depressed that I would consider a summer raid on Barnsley for Kane, Williams and Cole on free transfers to be a relative success

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i feel sorry for eustace,another one who will have been hoodwinked into taking the job with the promise of investment in the playing side next summer,the ones will do get in will be cheap,free and chosen by broughton,i.e they`ll be useless

It would be interesting to know exactly what Eustace was told about the process for future recruitment.

Hopefully, this won't involve Gregg, his player tombola and bag of lollipops.

I think he will have come into the job with a bit more background knowledge about the club than JDT had, so doubt he will be expecting significant funds.

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

It would be interesting to know exactly what Eustace was told about the process for future recruitment.

Hopefully, this won't involve Gregg, his player tombola and bag of lollipops.

I think he will have come into the job with a bit more background knowledge about the club than JDT had, so doubt he will be expecting significant funds.

they`ll just have lie to him,promise him half of the wharton money and an increased wage budget,when pre season is underway,it will be completely different,szmodics sold and gallagher,dolan departed and probably carter sold and the old chestnut "sorry john,there is no money,just crack on with it will you and keep us in the division"

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they`ll just have lie to him,promise him half of the wharton money and an increased wage budget,when pre season is underway,it will be completely different,szmodics sold and gallagher,dolan departed and probably carter sold and the old chestnut "sorry john,there is no money,just crack on with it will you and keep us in the division"

Well, yes, they do have form, but I still think that Eustace (and his agent) will have taken the job with open eyes. 
He will not have the kind of fall - back options that JDT does, and needs to establish himself as a Championship manager.

• 1 month later...

Might be an easy link for Nixon to make to justify his patreon in the dry months. And/or might be a common occurence where managers go to former trusted players. Not sure its a signing id be overly enamoured with, if something like this did happen im guessing it would need Wahlstedt out the door.

It will be very interesting how GB and Eustace reshaped this squad and it is clear what I think we need going forward. 

A quality striker, wide player with pace, right back to back up Brittain, possible replacement for Szmodics plus anyone else we lose. 

Gent will be back up for Pickering at left back/wing back

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It will be very interesting how GB and Eustace reshaped this squad and it is clear what I think we need going forward. 

A quality striker, wide player with pace, right back to back up Brittain, possible replacement for Szmodics plus anyone else we lose. 

Gent will be back up for Pickering at left back/wing back

It will be reshaped the same way it was with JDT.

"Hey Jon/John, the transfer window has closed, the bottom of the barrel has been well and truly scraped but we managed to get what was left over. At least they're cheap though.

Oh and by the way, that player you said you really needed, yeah that didn't happen in the end. There was another administration error and we didn't get the paperwork in. Again.

Anyway, crack on and go out there and win a few games, or don't. Actually if we get relegated then the club will be cheaper to run so don't worry about winning."

9 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I think he could be just what we need, Wahlstadt and the young gks coming through would benfit from having a quality experienced gk to learn from and Pears is still shite for me, the occasional once in a blue moon good performance won't change that! 

On a short term deal signing Ruddy on a free would be a no brainer for me

• Like 1

For the love of god please buy a couple of fast tricky wingers and a couple of strikers it would turn us into an actual decent team. 

If the club buy or loan any more ‘no 10’s we deserve to go down next season.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think there are any GKs in the Academy that are in danger of having their pathway blocked.

We could do with a real pathway blocker in goal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I mean we need a hell of a lot of players, especially when a few will be leaving! But for me we are such a slow team so need some pace - of course we need a goal scorer.

do we need alot of signings this summer? 

Current squad for next season

keepers - Pears, Wahlstedt, Michalski 

Defenders - Brittain, Carter, Hyam, Wharton, O'Riordan, Pickering, 

CM's - Tronstad, Garrett, Buckley, JRC, Travis

wide players - Dolan, Markanday, Sigurdsson, Hedges, 

no 10 - Szmodics, Gilsenan

Strikers - Gallagher, Vale, Telalovic, Leonard

I have included Dolan and Gallagher cos I expect them to sign next contract. 

I think we deffo need a pacey wide player, Striker, right back, maybe another Keeper if we loan out Wahlstedt for a season, I would use Gent at left back back up given the reviews he had there, could do with another centre back or maybe re sign McFadzean for another season. Then a replacement for Szmodics if he does leave. 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think there are any GKs in the Academy that are in danger of having their pathway blocked.

Nicholas Michalski? 

On 23/02/2024 at 17:20, simongarnerisgod said:

i feel sorry for eustace,another one who will have been hoodwinked into taking the job with the promise of investment in the playing side next summer,the ones will do get in will be cheap,free and chosen by broughton,i.e they`ll be useless

I don't buy the hoodwinked malarkey me. Surely if whoever signed up they did due diligence on how these parasites have worked for over 14 years and then signed with open eyes. 

How stupid and naiive they are if they believed anything put out of a venkyrat mouth .

• Like 1