BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Like the sound of this, on the record:

We have a commitment that we can operate normally in the summer. We have had conversations on what that might look like in terms of shaping the budget and transfer funds.

"My recommendations to the board are that we will have a significant influx of money. It does not all hit in one transaction with Adam Wharton and the David Raya sell-on, but transfers do not go out in one hit either.

"My recommendation is to invest in four areas - transfer fees, wages to be competitive, the Academy and infrastructure and then money put aside for the season in case we need that for whatever reason. Do not spend it all in one hit, you never know how you might go into January.

"The indication is that yes, we will have money to spend”.

But then the politician comes out with the qualifying statement…

“But I have been on record before and said last summer we had clarity on the budget and that had to change for reasons out of our hands.”

So basically the only confirmation they have they can operate normally is because Steve tells Gregg he assumes that is the case because there's an influx of transfer money coming.

Nothing at all about owners sending a normal budget PLUS transfer income topping it up ?

Because that is the only way we can operate normally AND put money into the four areas GB is recommending.

• Like 1

Ultimately if the owners pull investment we will be relegated next season, so it's in their hands depending on whether they are serious or not. 

And on top of that you have the Waggott problem, who given his past and present should have been given his p45 long ago. It's going to be a long summer I expect.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Patrick Bauer been told he can leave PNE - Worth a shot.

If this was back in TMs day then would be all over it. But think he was mooted as a replacement for Mulgrew early on in the "defenders are coming" saga. So it's at least 3 or 4 seasons ago. Since then he has declined somewhat after a couple of nasty injuries. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Patrick Bauer been told he can leave PNE - Worth a shot.

No

But given the desperate two signings in Jan 'they wouldn't be anywhere near Blackburn Rovers in January if they were any good' type statement from GB anything is possible.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

No

But given the desperate two signings in Jan 'they wouldn't be anywhere near Blackburn Rovers in January if they were any good' type statement from GB anything is possible.

Yet another example of a player seemingly bound for us but never arrived.

I think time has gone for that one.

• Like 1

Bargain bucket names 

Presuming we'd be playing 5 at the back

Jensen from Lincoln

Phoenix Patterson at Fleetwood/Gent to play left wing back as an attacking option to Pickering 

Liam Bennet at right back a bit more industrial than Brittain, Sorensen from Lincoln a similar idea

Freddie Draper a young target man who may come on with a bit of support - also a great goal celebration 

McAtee from Barnsley as a bit of a Dack attacking midfielder who scores a few.  

All completed punts but have a bit to them and could come on with coaching.  Good ages.  The key next year provided we stay up is to try and spread goals a bit more through the team.  Any serious money we do spend for me needs to be on the middle of the team (Keeper, centre back, centre mid, striker etc).  

41 minutes ago, Neal said:

Karamoko Dembele 2 assists for Blackpool. Should be a priority for us in the summer. 

John Mcatee also scores.

not sure about him,he was lauded at celtic but then they got rid of him quickly,that`s a concern,he then did the square root of **** all in the french 2nd division

29 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not sure about him,he was lauded at celtic but then they got rid of him quickly,that`s a concern,he then did the square root of **** all in the french 2nd division

Similarly he's a young lad who's struggled for games, backed himself abroad (and struggled).  Only 21 and wanted game time and has returned 20 goal involvements

7 hours ago, B16Rover said:

Bargain bucket names 

Presuming we'd be playing 5 at the back

Jensen from Lincoln

Phoenix Patterson at Fleetwood/Gent to play left wing back as an attacking option to Pickering 

Liam Bennet at right back a bit more industrial than Brittain, Sorensen from Lincoln a similar idea

Freddie Draper a young target man who may come on with a bit of support - also a great goal celebration 

McAtee from Barnsley as a bit of a Dack attacking midfielder who scores a few.  

All completed punts but have a bit to them and could come on with coaching.  Good ages.  The key next year provided we stay up is to try and spread goals a bit more through the team.  Any serious money we do spend for me needs to be on the middle of the team (Keeper, centre back, centre mid, striker etc).  

We should be all over Rotherham's GK. Offer them Pears and £500k. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

At 21 his best years are in front of him. They should have loaned him out like Newcastle did with Armstrong. This would be a good opportunity for us to pick up a good young talent with plenty of pace who now experience in English football... And he's only playing up the road. 

At the right price, he's a must. 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We should be all over Rotherham's GK. Offer them Pears and £500k. 

we`ll have to be quick to get johanson,he`s very solid at this level,with the speed we negotiate i doubt we`ll get him,he`d be a quality buy if we had the nous to try for him

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Joe Taylor scored again for Lincoln. I would be deffo looking at him to sign in the summer 

Hi Luton.  Can we take 10m, Joe Taylor and John McAtee for  Szmodics 

Edited by B16Rover
Nearly offered 10m and Szmodics for 2 league one players

possible keeper signings in the summer 

Marek Rodak from Fulham, out of contract this summer

Ben Wilson from Coventry. would cost a transfer fee

Daniel Grimshaw from Blackpool. would cost a transfer fee

Zander Clark from Hearts, would cost a transfer fee 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

possible keeper signings in the summer 

Marek Rodak from Fulham, out of contract this summer

Ben Wilson from Coventry. would cost a transfer fee

Daniel Grimshaw from Blackpool. would cost a transfer fee

Zander Clark from Hearts, would cost a transfer fee 

Well that is 3 of them out of the running straight away then.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

I wouldn't take that Wilson bell-end, after his handball and taunting antics against us last season.

I'd rather stick Michelski in as number one.