BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Presumably that will be a no brainer for a number of other clubs as well ? Rumours on the Rotherham fans website of him going to Everton as the back up to Pickford.

Down to Rovers to beat them to the sign him. 

Why would he go to Everton as s back up to England number 1 Pickford? Pointless move for me. 

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

er,probably because he`ll earn a ****load of money😁

But no football played. Pickford will always be first choice

Playing regular first team football at his age is what he will want surely

The most depressing bit for me is that we will likely have a few quid to play with, but who is JE realistically going to attract?

JDT was a legendary international-class player and he clearly knew what he wanted - we just couldn't afford them (or sabotaged the deals).

It would be the most Rovers thing ever if we spent £10m-£15m this summer and wasted it on a load of dross.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, Andy said:

The most depressing bit for me is that we will likely have a few quid to play with, but who is JE realistically going to attract?

JDT was a legendary international-class player and we clearly knew what he wanted - we just couldn't afford them (or sabotaged the deals).

It would be the most Rovers thing ever if we spent £10m-£15m this summer and wasted it on a load of dross.

He signed some quality players at Birmingham like Olly Burke, Dion Sanderson, Jay Stansfields from Fulham

We should be spending £10m this summer with 1st choice keeper, striker and pacey winger being priority for me

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He signed some quality players at Birmingham like Luca Toni, Olly Burke, Dion Sanderson. 

We should be spending £10m this summer with 1st choice keeper, striker and pacey winger being priority for me

Should be spending £10m but we won't get anywhere near that level of expenditure.

If you think we are spending that much, you really need to revaluate your expectations.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He signed some quality players at Birmingham like Luca Toni, Olly Burke, Dion Sanderson. 

Now you're just trolling us

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Should be spending £10m but we won't get anywhere near that level of expenditure.

If you think we are spending that much, you really need to revaluate your expectations.

Let's wait and see till the summer. If you think.fine but do we need to saying it. No

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stop replying then Davul to my posts 

I think Davul was referring to a recurring transfer rumour over 3 or 4 summers where we were linked with Luca Toni back during the PL days, just a bit of light humour. Don't think he was making a personal remark.

• Like 1

As JHRover said earlier, we should be seeing incomings before anyone else leaves. The squad is threadbare enough as it is. We'll have 5 players in the previous match day squad return to their parent clubs or have their contracts expire.

Then whatever happens with Dolan & Gally on top of that. 

Get rid of anymore before we add to it and we'll have the admin staff on the bench before long.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

I think Davul was referring to a recurring transfer rumour over 3 or 4 summers where we were linked with Luca Toni back during the PL days, just a bit of light humour. Don't think he was making a personal remark.

I never wrote Toni in my post tho. Looks like @J*Bor one of the mods changed it

47 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Whilst I admire your idealism I think it flies in the face of what happens in the real world.

Each to their own but I think he would want to play regular first team football compare to Bench warmer at Everton 

Signed lots of quality at Birmingham as reflected by their league position.

Ollie Burke? Dreadful player.

Absolutely no chance of us geting Johansson. Id be amazed if we dont stick with the 2 clowns signed on deals for the forseeable. Even more amazed if we spent a million on a keeper that is actually good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Signed lots of quality at Birmingham as reflected by their league position.

Ollie Burke? Dreadful player.

Absolutely no chance of us geting Johansson. Id be amazed if we dont stick with the 2 clowns signed on deals for the forseeable. Even more amazed if we spent a million on a keeper that is actually good.

In all fairness, Birmingham (and the signings Eustace made) were doing really well under him, things only went to shit when Eustace was sacked and Rooney was appointed.

Fully agree regarding Ollie Burke though - he's shit.

• Moderation Lead
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Let's wait and see till the summer. If you think.fine but do we need to saying it. No

But then in the interests of fairness, do you need to keep telling us what you think the budget will be?

2 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

In all fairness, Birmingham (and the signings Eustace made) were doing really well under him, things only went to shit when Eustace was sacked and Rooney was appointed.

Fully agree regarding Ollie Burke though - he's shit.

I think the 'Eustace was doing really well at Birmingham' is a bit of a false narrative. I read a bit from their fans recently to see thoughts on it, and most claimed it was the fact that he was replaced with Rooney that was shocker in it all.

I think it's quoted a lot that they were on the edge or in the playoffs when they fired him, but they were 2 points from 16th or something too, it was just a really condensed league table.

EDIT: just to add to the above, he clearly did a decent job there, kept them up then had them looking relatively safe, just what I read from some Birmingham fans was that it might not be viewed that way if the appointment was correct rather than Rooney.

Trying to claim his signings were in any way good is pretty laughable from Chaddy, but we know he's in cloud cookoo land and thinks we'll spend loads of money on top quality players like he has for every transfer window since forever.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Olly Burke and Dion Sanderson quality players?

Burke has been dog shit for years and Sanderson is alright at best 

• Like 1

• Backroom
14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I never wrote Toni in my post tho. Looks like @J*Bor one of the mods changed it

We never change the content of a user's posts, so please don't accuse the admin or moderation team of that. We're generally limited to changing a thread title or hiding posts. If Luca Toni appeared in a quoted post, either it was in the original post or the poster quoting you made the amendment themselves.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DE. said:

We never change the content of a user's posts, so please don't accuse the admin or moderation team of that. We're generally limited to changing a thread title or hiding posts. If Luca Toni appeared in a quoted post, either it was in the original post or the poster quoting you made the amendment themselves.

I didn't amend it.

It was definitely a direct quote (twice in fact)