BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

44 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Kyle Hudlin, 6ft 9, from Burton.  Whip some crosses in and let him cause some chaos. Low cost/risk gamble..   Hardly prolific but with such a stature...

Seriously? Have you seen him play?

He's one of the worst 'footballers' I have ever seen in my life. He makes Semir look like Haaland.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LDRover said:

He's one of the worst 'footballers' I have ever seen in my life. He makes Semir look like Haaland.

Hmmm , has this lad scored some goals for Burton ??

I am pretty sure Semir won't score any !

51 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Hmmm , has this lad scored some goals for Burton ??

I am pretty sure Semir won't score any !

Nope, and no assists either. He scored a few in the National League for Solihull Moors a couple of seasons ago but, believe me, the lad is crap.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LDRover said:

Hahaha, I watched 30s of him on Youtube at my sons request.  In fairness I thnk Tel looks useful whenever I have seen him play.

Edited by Bohinen1983

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27584023/brentford-luton-championship-sammie-szmodics-blackburn-sheffield-united/

Every week, desperate for idiots willing to pay for this rubbish, another article linking Szmodics to every club under the sun whilst leaving open the possibility that he stays to cover all bases.

If Alan Nixon bothers you so much with his article why search and read for articles. Just don't read them. you remind me of people watching what on TV instead of just turn the channel over

Clubs will be interested in him but clubs have to reach our asking price. Szmodics is in peak and has scored 31 goals this season. so asking price of £15 to 20m isn't wrong is it? 

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

£18 million and yes - Palace will be selling him for £40/£50 million in 18 months.

Id agree it was a small price but while playing for a championship club we wouldn't have seen anything like 40-50 million for him,and although I'm sure Wharton would have seen the season out with us he would have wanted to move up a league by summer,with more teams possibly bidding we could have got maybe 25 mill like Bournemouth got for Scott.

• Like 4

Whatever division we may find ourselves in next season, we'll need at least half a new squad to merely stand still.

Crap loanees returning, crap players needing potting, Sammie leaving....

Brougton will have his work cut out like never before, but going off his track record thus far coupled with a non-existant budget, disaster awaits.

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Whatever division we may find ourselves in next season, we'll need at least half a new squad to merely stand still.

Crap loanees returning, crap players needing potting, Sammie leaving....

Brougton will have his work cut out like never before, but going off his track record thus far coupled with a non-existant budget, disaster awaits.

We need 15 players minimum. 9 of them will have to be first team starters.

He will meet the extras(most likely already met one by making his under 21 debut)so it's a deal worth 22.5 million rather than 18 and it's said we have a sell on so we will get a percentage of any future fee.

I was gutted to see him sold and should have held on until summer but as a championship player I don't think we would have got much more for him as a championship club,he hadn't even been involved with the England under 21 squad because he played for us so just my opinion I think it's fanciful to think we would have got much more for him than we did

Obviously I'm fuming that the owners have put us in the position where our most talented player is being sold to Crystal palace and Szmodic being linked with Luton 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LDRover said:

Fit in well ...still sounds better than gally . 

Mind you me gran does and she's been dead since 1999

Will he meet the adds on before being flogged off in 18 months? Who knows.

It was a piss poor price for one of the best young players in England, and it would’ve been considerably higher in a years time… but of course none of it particularly matters as the side won’t see any of it regardless, but it does ‘help the owners’ in not needing to fund their own business, so hooray!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

20m wrong price? 

Wrong price, wrong timing. Sold him for peanuts, didn’t replace him and could go down off the back of it. Everything about the sale stinks from a Rovers perspective.

• Like 1

Thank god we sold him and got the money.

Now we can afford to repair the BBE lifts and the undersoil heating.

Who knows, get shut of Sammie and we might be able to get the moss power washed off the brickwork.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, danger19_80 said:

The key with Wharton is whether we have a sell on. That could easily push the deal close to £25m. Haven't seen it reported anywhere though and it's something Jackson needs to get an answer to asap.

Shouldn't even be a question. If there is no decent sell on clause as part of that deal, someone needs sacking and removing from Footballing roles for the rest of their lives.

• Like 2